Eddie- The Cousin

Spring break spent in Hawkins wasn't what you had in mind when your parents told you that they're taking you somewhere special. Especially when that special place turned out to be at your cousin's house.

The Henderson household was warm and cheerful, unlike what you're used to, it was a peaceful place and you could see yourself getting comfortable here, spending your days reading in the sunlit garden and taking hikes in the local woods. An introverts dream.

Except your cousin, Dustin, had other plans.

"You can't go by yourself, take your cousin with you for safety" Dustin's mother scolded him as you sat on the floor doing a crossword.

"Me?" You question, looking between the two. Dustin's mother nods sternly, though she's a lovely woman, she's pretty proactive of Dustin.

"Okay, let's go" You sigh, caring too much about Dustin to let him go anywhere by himself.

"We're only going to the trailer park" Dustin tells you as you both get in the car. He gives you smart ass directions the whole time, arguing when you miss a turn or drive too fast.

"Here?" You ask as you arrive, cringing at Dustin's choice of a hangout spot.

"Yeah, I wanted to check up on my friend Eddie" He shrugs, getting out and knocking on the front door of a trailer.

A boy your age answers, with long dark brown hair and the most beautiful brown eyes, you have to snap yourself away from staring.

"And who might this be young Henderson?" The boy, Eddie, asks.

"This is my cousin, Y/N" Dustin smiles.

"Hey" You wave awkwardly, "I'll just be in the car if you need me".

"What? No way, come in" Eddie says, beckoning you in with a ringed hand.

You shrug and go inside, sitting on a sofa and watching as Dustin and Eddie sit on the floor, scribbling in a notebook and discussing something about dragons and prisons?

"Let me go put some music on" Eddie grins, getting up and going to his bedroom.

Your eyes follow him, especially his legs and those black ripped jeans-

"I know what you're thinking, and no" Dustin quickly whispers to you.

You frown at him, before realising that he probably does know what you're thinking, you've never been good at hiding your facial expressions.

"Okay!" You say, lifting your hands up on defence.

"Wait, is this W.A.S.P?" You call out to Eddie, recognising the song Wild Child.

"Yeah!" Eddie grins, his face lights up as you both burst out into a conversation about music. In the corner of your eye you see Dustin roll his eyes and wipe his face with his hand.

"I really didn't think this through" Dustin mumbles as you and Eddie geek out.

Hours pass and you all have a great time planning some campign for D&D, listening to music and talking about books, until you see the time.

"We should get going" You sadly say to Dustin.

Dustin nods and gives Eddie a hug before heading outside and to the car.

"Hey, Y/N" Eddie calls and stops you at hus front door.

"Yeah?" You ask cheerfully, a smile lighting up your face.

"Can I see you again sometime? Maybe without little Henderon around" He asks, twirling a piece of hair around his finger nervously.

You nod, "I can come by tomorrow if you're not busy"

"It's a date" Eddie grins, and you know you're in trouble when you see those goddamm dimples.

Shit.