1.1 Seduce the underworld boss

Gu Yiling woke up from the bed, having entered the first world.

"233, provide information."

"Kindness."

There was a response from the room that only Gu Yiling could hear. These outsiders could create a spiritual space in the virtual world. 233 was an independent emotional system, very lazy, and always liked to stay in the mental space in the form of a black cat's body, communicating with him spiritually and only appearing when necessary.

The information gradually emerged in Gu Yiling's mind. This was a modern world, and the original owner of this body was also named Gu Yiling. He was the only child of the Gu family in Country J.

The pampering from his family made him a little arrogant and willful. His grandfather, Lu Kunpeng, was the chairman of the Gu Group, a prominent figure in Country J. He was old and had a daughter. His wife had died young.

Naturally, he doted on his only daughter. She was bullied, and he even chose a painter who had no understanding of business as his son-in-law for her, planning to hand over his career to his only grandson, Gu Yiling, a hundred years later.

It could be said that the original owner was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and his family was prosperous, harmonious, and happy.

Seeing this, Gu Yiling sneered. Oh, these were all illusions!

On the surface, Gu's father, Lu Kunpeng, appeared as a noble and elegant literati, but in reality, he was a despicable and shameless villain. He was only interested in the money of the Gu family, but he had long been dissatisfied with being criticized by his father-in-law at every turn as a mere son-in-law. Not long after marrying Gu Fangxin, he took a mistress outside and even had an illegitimate daughter, who was only a year younger than Gu Yiling!

And his illegitimate daughter was Chu Yuexin, one of the chosen ones in this world.

The chosen ones, as the name suggested, were people favored by the world's luck. They might not necessarily be superior in ability, but they often thrived in the virtual world where they lived and ultimately reached the pinnacle of life. Since most of the worlds existed in a manner similar to real-world novels and movies, and some were even based on novels and movies, bug fixers like Gu Yiling habitually referred to such people as the male and female protagonists.

Due to her status as an illegitimate daughter, Chu Yuexin had been taught by her parents that she should obtain what she wanted by any means necessary. So while she appeared innocent and kind on the surface, in reality, she was malicious and filled with ill intentions.

Due to some coincidences and Lu Kunpeng's deliberate arrangements, Gu Yiling, Chu Yuexin, and the world's villain, Shen Junling, had grown up together since childhood, and they had a very close relationship. Gu Yiling had always regarded Chu Yuexin as his best friend and had a crush on Shen Junling, who had once helped him. However, Shen Junling did not like the arrogant Gu Yiling but had feelings for Chu Yuexin.

Gu Yiling lost his father at a young age. After his mother remarried, he ran away alone because he couldn't bear the domestic violence inflicted by his stepfather, leaving him to live with his stepfather when he was only a few years old. His stepfather was addicted to alcohol, gambling, and even drugs. He often went hungry and was frequently beaten whenever his stepfather was even slightly unhappy.

He bore the scars of those early years, both visible and invisible.

During those dark days, Chu Yuexin was the

only bright light in his life. She would secretly bring him food when he was hungry, apply medicine to his wounds when he was injured, prepare gifts for him on his birthday, and make him experience the warmth he had never known before.

As in all old-fashioned stories, Shen Junling had undoubtedly fallen in love with Chu Yuexin and had been silently protecting her to become the boss of the Chinese gang in Country A.

But Chu Yuexin never had feelings for him. Out of jealousy, Shen Junling kidnapped Chu Yuexin when she was with another chosen one, Xu Sixuan, and forced her to stay with him. In the end, Xu Sixuan came and rescued Chu Yuexin, and Shen Junling died by his hands.

He didn't know until his death that all the things he had done as a child had actually been done by the original owner. It was just that foolish kid who arrogantly refused to admit it.

The fate of the original owner was even more tragic. After his grandfather's death, he took over the Gu Group. With his talent, running the group and leading a stable life should not have been a big problem.

However, after Chu Yuexin and Xu Sixuan got together, a series of blows followed. Chu Yuexin confronted him, crying and complaining about her disgust for him and the grievances she had endured over the years.

Xu Sixuan and Shen Junling joined forces to suppress the Gu Group. The original owner suffered a double blow, both professionally and emotionally. It crumbled and declared bankruptcy.

At that time, Lu Kunpeng also shared everything with Gu Fangxin, stating that he had endured enough and would no longer live with her. Mother Gu couldn't bear her former lover's heartlessness and became mentally unstable.

The original owner, left with nothing, moved his mother from a luxurious mansion to a chaotic and dilapidated slum. Due to Xu Sixuan and Shen Junling's deliberate arrangements, he couldn't even find a decent job and could only make a living by scavenging garbage.

One day, Chu Yuexin, dressed extravagantly, led a group of followers to mock the original owner, physically attacking him. Witnessing this scene, Mother Gu felt that she had dragged down the original owner and committed suicide by poisoning herself.

The last thoughts of the original owner's life vanished. He took care of his mother's funeral and, in a final act, rammed into Shen Junling's car, paying homage to this unrequited love with his life.

Gu Yiling shook his head and sighed. What a fool.

But it was precisely this kind of fool who was most pitiful. He hadn't done anything wrong, but he wasn't good at expressing his emotions, and yet he ended up with such a tragic ending.

After reading the information, Gu Yiling asked, "[233], what is my mission?"

"[Brushing the favorability of the villain, simply seducing the villain. This world is like that, and future worlds will be the same.]"

"What are the limitations? How much should I control the destruction of the world's plot?"

"[None. The client said that as long as you can win over the villain, he doesn't care about the fate of others, even if the world collapses.]" However, the world is highly unlikely to collapse. If the destinies of the male and female protagonists cannot bear the weight of the world's fate, the world's destiny will shatter into countless fragments, large and small, randomly distributed among everyone in that world.

So, as long as you can win over the villain, it's fine?

Could it be that this client is a wealthy fan who couldn't stand seeing their beloved character being mistreated by the author and

paid to change the original owner's fate? Keep in mind that his appearance fee is quite expensive.

However, Gu Yiling had received many peculiar commissions before, so he simply sighed and began contemplating how to fulfill this task. Since there are no restrictions, it means the extent of the destruction to the world's plot doesn't matter. He didn't want to live a dull life.

Walking into the bathroom, he carefully examined his reflection in the mirror in this world. It was a very ordinary face, with the only standout feature being his pair of pure black peach blossom eyes, misted with a layer of watery vapor, giving them a feminine and innocent allure.

"From today onward, I am you, and I will change your destiny and fulfill your wishes."