1.2

"Lingling, are you awake? It's time for breakfast, but don't be late for school," Mother Gu knocked on the door, and a soft voice came from inside.

"Coming," Gu Yiling replied. He found his school uniform and quickly put it on before opening the door and going downstairs with his mother.

As he looked at his mother, Gu Yiling saw an ordinary yet elegant face, adorned with a warm smile that only those who live happily possess. The way she looked at him with undisguised maternal love filled his heart with gratitude. As an orphan who traveled through various worlds, Gu Yiling cherished sincere family members, even if they were just strings of data.

Sitting at the dining table, Gu Yiling noticed his father, Lu Kunpeng, looking slightly confused but still well-maintained. He was engrossed in reading the newspaper with his reading glasses on. When Gu's mother served him porridge, Lu Kunpeng gave her a gentle smile. To outsiders, they might appear as a loving couple, but Gu Yiling, with his experience in countless worlds, could see the hidden indifference and disgust in his father's eyes.

Lu Kunpeng took a spoonful of porridge and asked Gu Yiling, "Little Ling, how are your studies? Are you facing any difficulties?" He seemed like a caring father concerned about his son's education.

Gu Yiling looked down and gracefully sipped his porridge before replying, "I've been a little overwhelmed with my studies recently. Mom, I want to rent a place near the school for more convenience and study time." Since it was decided by Gu's mother, Gu Yiling directly made the request to her.

Lu Kunpeng's expression darkened, while Gu's mother frowned. "Studying shouldn't be so intense, and our Gu family can't afford to support your every need. Besides, you'll be studying in Country A next semester, so you won't need to spend more time away from us and your father."

"But I want to attend Nobbins Noble Business School. The school has high academic standards, and it's not like I won't see you anymore. You can come visit me directly," Gu Yiling said, acting like a typical high school student as he playfully clung to his mother's arm. "Mom, please just grant me this request."

Mother Gu raised her finger and sighed, eventually giving in. "Okay, I can't refuse you. I'll go check out some houses today."

"No, I want to choose my own place. Just give me the money," Gu Yiling demanded.

His mother replied helplessly, "Fine, I'll do as you say. Please don't pester me any further, or I might collapse."

"Thank you, Mom." Gu Yiling affectionately kissed his mother on the cheek, picked up his school bag, and hurriedly left. "Mom, I'm off to school."

Mother Gu watched his retreating figure with a helpless shake of her head, but the smile on her lips never faded. After all, with such an excellent and sensible child, even if he was occasionally stubborn, what more could she ask for?

Lu Kunpeng also forced a smile at the right moment.

Gu Yiling closed his eyes and sat in the backseat of the car, a slight smile appearing on his lips. It had been a while since he pretended to be a high school student, someone not yet deeply embroiled in the complexities of the world, but he found it surprisingly enjoyable.

The driver said, "Young Master, let's go."

Without opening his eyes, Gu Yiling replied, "Yes, let's go." Suddenly, he remembered something and gave an order, "Go straight to school and

don't bother picking up Chu Yuexin anymore."

"Understood."

With the help of the original owner, Chu Yuexin had also enrolled in the same prestigious school. She had secretly used the original owner's identity to establish herself well within the school. In this life, without Gu Yiling's protection, he wondered what kind of storm Chu Yuexin would create.

High school courses were a piece of cake for top-tier bug fixers like Gu Yiling, so he peacefully slept through two classes.

It wasn't until the third class that Chu Yuexin rushed into the classroom. Unfortunately for her, it was the class of a strict math teacher. Gu Yiling, as the only child of the Gu family, could sleep in class without consequences, but Chu Yuexin, a regular student without any influence, was given a scolding. The math teacher humiliated her in front of the whole class, causing her to feel deeply embarrassed, and occasional laughter erupted from her classmates.

Many people had witnessed Chu Yuexin benefiting from Gu Yiling's support while pretending to be aloof. But now they wondered why Gu Yiling didn't protect her in this situation.

Chu Yuexin stole a glance at Gu Yiling, who had already woken up. He sat with his head resting on his hand, a smirk on his face, seemingly enjoying her humiliation like it was a spectacle.

Resentment welled up inside Chu Yuexin. Why didn't he help her?!

"Chu Yuexin, are you listening?!" The math teacher slapped the desk and yelled, "Stand in the back! You have poor grades and now you're late? If your grades were even half as good as Gu Yiling's, I wouldn't mind you being late!"

"Yes!" Chu Yuexin quickly responded, standing at the back of the classroom amidst the mocking gazes of her classmates.

Standing there, she felt uncomfortable. Ever since she started hanging out with Gu Yiling, why did she have to endure such grievances? This morning, she had waited for him for two whole hours, but he never showed up to pick her up. In front of so many people, she was scolded by the teacher and lost face. How could she continue at this school?

It wasn't until the fourth period that she returned to her seat.

Gu Yiling snapped out of his daze when the girl next to him nudged him. Irritated, he squinted at her, causing the girl to blush and her heart to race. She handed him a note folded in half, saying, "Chu Yuexin gave this to you."

Gu Yiling took the note and glanced at Chu Yuexin, who was watching him intently. He opened the note and read it aloud, "Why didn't you come to pick me up today? Did something happen?"

With a sneer, Gu Yiling tossed the note out of the window.

Chu Yuexin's face turned beet red, and some classmates who noticed the scene chuckled softly. She never expected that Gu Yiling, who had always taken care of her, would treat her like this.

Finally, the morning classes ended. Gu Yiling stretched lazily and left the classroom without sparing a glance at Chu Yuexin. The original owner didn't have the habit of eating in the school cafeteria, nor did Gu Yiling intend to have lunch there.

Chu Yuexin pretended to pack her school bag, hoping to go to lunch with him as usual.

"Hey, Chu Yuexin, why didn't Young Master Gu have lunch with you?" the girl beside her asked sarcastically.

Forcing a smile, Chu Yuexin replied, "He's in a bad mood today, so I won't disturb him. Let's go to lunch together."

"No, no, I've already made plans with others," the girl quickly declined.

Soon, everyone left in groups, leaving Chu Yuexin standing alone in the classroom.