2.3

The front door of the store could be considered as a downtown area, but the back door of the store seemed to be in a slum. It was a dirty alley with a mottled ground and the stench of garbage water in the air. The space behind the walls on both sides was divided into small houses, with white and cheap clothes hanging in them.

Gu Yiling walked forward according to the coordinates sent by 233. Before taking a few steps, he heard a threatening voice coming from behind the corner. He hid in the corner, silently watching the scene unfold.

A student in an alpha school uniform was surrounded by two other alphas and three betas. The alpha who was surrounded lowered his head, and his long tea-gold bangs covered his eyes, making it hard to see his expression clearly.

Gu Yiling recognized these people through the original owner's memory. The one being surrounded was the villain, Victor, while the others were schoolyard thugs who extorted protection fees from vulnerable students.

The alpha leading the group swung his waist in the air, overthrew Victor next to the trash can, spat on his clothes, and threatened, "Boy, don't you understand your place? I told you to hand over the money, and yet here you are acting all poor?!"

Victor kept his head lowered and remained silent, but the clenched fists under his sleeves showed his anger at the moment.

"Our boss is talking to you! Do you hear me?!" Another alpha stepped on Victor's shoulder, applying pressure.

In the background, a heavily made-up beta shouted in a shrill voice, "Are you done? If you don't give me the money, I'll give you a beating! Are you wasting our time?"

"What's the matter, little baby? Are you getting impatient?" The leading alpha put his hands on his waist and winked at the other alpha. The alpha nodded, raised his fist, and punched Victor in the face. Victor closed his eyes in resignation.

Xu saw Victor being punched repeatedly, and Gu Yiling, who was still standing at the corner without moving, was reminded by 233, "Aren't you going to check your favorability?"

Gu Yiling looked at Victor, who had fallen to the ground, with disdain in his eyes and said, "...Can I just not save him?"

233 was surprised, asking, "Why?"

"He's utterly useless," Gu Yiling replied.

Gu Yiling had once been an orphan in real life, and Victor may have faced more irony, bullying, and beatings than him. But even so, Victor lacked the resilience and stubbornness that Gu Yiling possessed. When others mocked him for having no parents, he sneered back at them for lacking proper family education. When others stole his bread and clothes, he sprinkled laxatives on his bread and cut holes in his clothes, making them suffer the consequences. When others punched and kicked him in anger, he raised his fists like a madman and fought back, even if it meant hurting himself.

In the cold orphanage and the chaotic and dark slums, Gu Yiling learned to rely on his own fists and strength to obtain everything he needed. This mindset, though softened after meeting Joshua, was still deeply ingrained.

233 understood Gu Yiling's perspective through their shared emotions, but could only say, "...if it makes you happy."

Observing the alpha's increasingly brutal attacks, Gu Yiling sighed inwardly. In order to improve his favorability, he decided to help Victor.

"Sorry to interrupt, but..." Gu Yiling walked out from the corner, leaned against the wall, and looked at them with a mix of playfulness and sarcasm. He said, "Well, I believe you're called

Victor. You're the one I'm covering."

The sound caught the attention of several people, and they turned back. When the two alphas saw Gu Yiling, their eyes went wide.

On the ground, Victor barely opened his eyes and looked up.

Gu Yiling?

That shameless Omega leader who always shone brightly? The one who was framed by Ethan and misunderstood by Carol and Gu Yize? The one who remained arrogant and refused to bow his head? How could he be here?

"Who are you? Mind your own business!" The heavily made-up beta, noticing the two alphas' diverted attention, spoke in a sharp tone filled with jealousy.

Only then did the alpha who had his arm around Victor react and ask, "Who are you?"

This Omega in a school uniform appeared either rich or expensive, and the Empire placed great importance on the protection of Omegas. Anyone who harmed, imprisoned, or raped an Omega would face felony charges. Otherwise, he wouldn't be accompanied by a boring beta.

"You don't need to know who I am." Gu Yiling straightened up and rubbed his wrists. "Come at me together."

After easily handling the last person, Gu Yiling narrowed his eyes and glanced coldly at the alpha on the ground and the three trembling betas beside him. He said sharply, "Get lost."

The betas were frightened and ran away, while the alpha struggled to stand up and staggered out of the alley. They had likely never encountered such a powerful Omega in their lives.

Gu Yiling was quite satisfied with this body. Not only was it beautiful, but it also possessed high mental and physical strength. Even without adjusting his physical data, he could still exert his full strength.

Approaching Victor, Gu Yiling extended his hand with a smile.

Victor calmly glanced at him and showed no gratitude or infatuation in his eyes, defying Gu Yiling's expectations. He didn't extend his hand but stood up against the wall, silently preparing to leave.

"Hey," Gu Yiling reached out his hand to stop him and said displeasedly, "I saved you. Can't you even say thank you?"

Victor withdrew his hand and continued walking forward. "You didn't have to save me if you don't like me."

Gu Yiling was momentarily stunned. Was he that obvious? He lowered his head and chuckled, realizing that this villain was quite interesting. Victor was able to discern his true thoughts beneath his deliberate concealment, proving to be smarter than the original owner.

Following behind Victor, they walked for about ten minutes.

Victor stood outside a dilapidated residential building, turned to look at Gu Yiling, who had followed him the whole way, and said, "I'm home."

"I know," Gu Yiling casually kicked a stone by his feet, a hint of disappointment hidden behind his soft smile. He looked at Victor with his pure black eyes and said, "I have nowhere to go. Can I stay with you for now?"

Victor furrowed his brow. "Why don't you go home?"

Avoiding his searching gaze, Gu Yiling looked down and focused on his shoes. With a willful and aggrieved tone, he replied, "I don't want to go back."

"Did you have an argument with your family because of Ethan?"