1.8

Seeing the blood on his arm, Gu Yiling frowned and asked, "Why are you injured again?"

Shen Junling instinctively hid his arm behind his back, like a child caught doing something wrong. He replied guiltily, "It's nothing, just a minor injury. After leaving the casino, life should be relatively calm for a while."

"Tell me! This is the first time I've seen you injured since I moved here. Can't you give me a break?" Although he complained, Gu Yiling still accepted the situation and went to fetch the first aid kit. He firmly pulled Shen Junling to the sofa and began treating the wound.

"Hey, be gentle. I'm injured," Shen Junling winced as the medicine stung his wound, but a faint smile appeared on his face.

\[233: Shen Junling's favorability rating +3, now 75.\]

After tending to the wound, Gu Yiling walked into the room, retrieved a box, and tossed it to Shen Junling. "Happy birthday."

Shen Junling was taken aback for a moment before carefully holding the gift. His eyes filled with surprise, his voice trembling as he spoke, "You got me... a birthday present?"

No one besides Chu Yuexin had ever remembered his birthday. No one had ever given him a gift or shown him any care. Could it be that Gu Yiling actually remembered?

Gu Yiling nodded and, feeling slightly guilty, said, "Well, yeah. Actually, it wasn't me who prepared it. It was the previous owner. But now I'm the original owner, and the original owner is me."

"Open it and see."

Shen Junling nodded, handling the gift with care as if afraid of damaging it. Inside was a limited-edition Transformers toy that had gone out of production a few years ago. Among Transformers fans, it was worth thousands of dollars. The Transformer wasn't brand new; it had some signs of wear.

Gu Yiling's eyes became nostalgic as he spoke, "This is the Transformer you wanted when you were young. It was very expensive, and we couldn't afford it. I saved up money for a long time, hoping to buy it as a birthday gift for you. But someone else bought it first."

"That day, I went to the store with the money, only to find that it had been sold. I was so desperate, I almost cried. Then, a while ago, I saw someone selling the same Transformer online. It reminded me of what happened when we were kids, so I bought it as a birthday present for you. It's also a childhood dream of mine."

\[233: Shen Junling's favorability rating +5, now 80.\]

Shen Junling's rough fingers traced the outline of the Transformer, and he couldn't let it go. He could sense that this gift held a deep secret and love that the teenager had harbored for him for ten years. How could he ignore this beautiful connection from the past? How could he bear to let the young man feel sad and disappointed again?

"Thank you. This is the most precious gift I've ever received in my life."

Gu Yiling rolled his eyes playfully. "Don't be so dramatic. You still have a long way to go in this life."

"Can you accompany me for a walk?" Shen Junling asked.

"Sure, today's your birthday, so you're the boss. But after today, don't expect me to always listen to you like this."

The two of them got up and went outside. It was already nighttime, and the cool breeze carried the salty scent of the sea.

When they reached a place that used to be an urban village, now transformed into

a high-end residential area, Gu Yiling stopped. The starry night sky and city lights reflected in his bright eyes, which always held a touch of melancholy and disappointment. Shen Junling guessed that a significant part of it was because of him.