9.8

A bullying incident between prisoners eventually resulted in one prisoner's fracture and concussion, a prison guard's fracture, and several prisoners were injured, causing an uproar throughout the prison and even the upper-level judicial department.

Anonymous's revelations and the media's intervention made this incident completely exposed to the public's eyes. Many unknown violent incidents in prisons also surfaced under the government's strict network control, arousing public concern. anger. The public is quick to criticize on the Internet, demanding that the perpetrators and irresponsible prison guards be severely punished to protect the basic rights of prisoners.

Prisoners are also human beings. They entered the prison for the purpose of rehabilitating, but if they cannot even protect their basic safety and make them unable to see even a single bit of light, how can we talk about rehabilitating?

Gu Yiling was lying on the hospital bed, with drips hanging on one hand, while the other hand tapped flexibly on the laptop. After a while, he turned off the sci-fi movie-like interface with fluorescent green letters on a black background, opened a normal web page, took a sip of the boiled water on the bedside table, and began to browse social news slowly.

If there are outsiders like him in this world, they will easily find out that there are traces of manipulation behind everything that happened during this time, but for the cybersecurity department of this world, they rack their brains. The person who broke the news behind the scenes could not be found either.

Gu Yiling can help Ji Chuxing become a criminal genius again, and make the police hate it, but he knows from the beginning that this is not what Ji Chuxing wants.

There was a sudden sound of footsteps outside the ward, accompanied by whispers of flattery and praise, the door was opened, and several people dressed as judicial staff walked in with carnations and pennants.

Gu Yiling closed the notebook, the corners of his mouth twitched, and the interest in his eyes disappeared.

coming.

The person who was sent to condolences by his superiors naturally played an official tone for a long time, and they talked for a long time, sending flowers and pennants, and also said that they would give him paid vacation, and finally brought the words to the point and warned with a smile. He should not talk nonsense outside and damage the prestige of the judicial system.

Gu Yiling used a polite smile to cover up the impatience and boredom in his eyes, and found the right time to ask the question he cared about most: "Then what is the superior's treatment of Ji Chuxing?"

The judicial officer was stunned when asked, "Ah, what is Ji? Who is he?"

Gu Yiling's eyes darkened, but his expression remained the same, "The prisoner who was sent to the hospital with me."

He suddenly thought that there were so many people around him, and although their faces were hypocritical, there was no one around Ji Chuxing. These people are distressed by this incident, but they don't even know Ji Chuxing's name. In their eyes, Ji Chuxing is a prisoner. And when the public opinion passes, how many people on the Internet can remember the name Ji Chuxing?

In this world, no one cares about him at all. No wonder when he asked Ji Chuxing, "Did anyone come to see you?" Ji Chuxing gave a wry smile of surprise and sadness - "I have no relatives and no friends, who will come to visit me".

The judicial officer replied, "Oh, he, everyone in the city now knows that he bravely rescued the prison guards, and just in time for the approval and commutation period, the people above waved his hand and approved his application for a five-year commutation..."

After getting the most desired answer, Gu Yiling was completely relieved, and even the chattering face in front of him didn't look so annoying.

Gu Yiling's injury was lighter than Ji Chuxing's, and the recovery was faster. He stayed in the hospital and accompanied Ji Chuxing almost every step of the way. He didn't leave the hospital until Ji Chuxing was discharged from the hospital and returned to prison. But he did not go back to work in prison, because the vacation given to him by the people above has not ended.

Ji Chuxing, who returned to prison, had less than a year of his sentence remaining due to a commutation of his sentence. It was rare for him to live a stable life.

Scar and others were sent to other prisons, and no one came to trouble him again. The inmates who hadn't said a few words at ordinary times greeted him with smiles, eagerly hoping that he would bring some benefits to them after he was released from prison. The prison guards will no longer leave the dirty work to him, and their attitude towards him is even a little unconsciously polite.

All because he is about to stop being a wronged, imprisoned, discriminated criminal, but an ordinary man with freedom and dignity, and the ability to pursue his own happiness and dreams.

During these days, the most things Ji Chuxing did was sitting on the hard bed in the cell, or sitting in a corner of the playground, staring blankly ahead.

He misses Gu Yiling.

The soft curve of the corners of his mouth when he handed him the chocolate, the sparkling eyes when he whispered to himself, the firm posture when he fought to protect himself, the sleeping profile and trembling eyelashes when he crawled on the edge of the hospital bed... a scene Scene after scene, it played in his mind like an expired film, the picture was sometimes blurry and sometimes familiar, as if it would suddenly shatter and disappear without leaving a trace.

Ji Chuxing admitted that he was frightened. He was afraid that Gu Yiling would think he was a trouble, a burden, and abandoned him just like the parents he had never met and the woman whose face he could not remember. I can't see Gu Yiling Every day, he lived in fear.

"No. 47, someone came to visit you. Follow me." The prison guard opened the iron door of the cell and said formulaically.

But Ji Chuxing was stunned, who would come to see him?

He and the other prisoners followed the prison guards around the playground, walked through the long corridor, and stopped in a clean and tidy building that was no idea how many times better than the small and shabby cells they lived in. According to the number, he found his corresponding visiting room.

The other prisoners couldn't wait to run in, eager to see their relatives or friends. Only Ji Chuxing stood at the door in a daze. He took a deep breath and clenched the door handle until the prison guard urged him loudly. He pushed the door open with determination and walked in.

The first time he came here, all his eyes were white. The pale light of the incandescent lamp hanging on the ceiling made him a little dizzy. wearing person.

That person rarely wore casual clothes, the round neck clothes showed a slightly raised delicate collarbone, and the white and slender neck looked extremely sexy. He looks thin, but the exposed forearm muscles are graceful and smooth, showing that he is not as thin as he appears to be. He was smiling, the corners of his mouth pursed into a nice arc.

Ji Chuxing looked at the crescent-like corners of his eyes and felt that the whole world was hidden in his eyes.

his whole world?