2.12

After graduating from Glory, both Victor and Carol chose to join the army, while Gu Yiling chose to enter the Imperial Science and Technology Department first.

He applied to the Empire for funding and a studio and spent three years developing a brain-controlled mecha that was more advanced than the one Victor used to defeat Carol.

This invention attracted the attention of all parties in the Empire. It meant that the military strength of the empire could rise several steps and not fear other planetary federations for hundreds of years.

And it was a good thing for Omegas too. Most Omegas only had the physical strength of cdef, which was their shortcoming, so they couldn't operate hand-controlled mechas. But with the brain-controlled mechas, many Omegas with weak physical strength but strong mental abilities would have the opportunity to enter the army and realize their dreams.

All parties in the empire tried their best to win him over and obtain this technology. However, they learned that he had given this technology to the country for free and went to the army to find Victor. Gu Yiling hadn't seen him for three years, and he wanted to kill him!

The head of the empire praised him for this approach and greeted the army to take good care of him. In addition to his own strong strength, he had repeatedly won battles with foreigners, and his prestige had greatly increased. Within a few years, he became the head of the Second Legion, which held nearly one-fifth of the empire's troops. He was promoted to the rank of general and became the youngest general in the empire.

The same was true for Carroll. He won the competition against Carol for the head of the Mecha Legion and became the youngest head of the Mecha Legion, while Carol became the head of the First Legion and also held the rank of general.

In the imperial capital, the Mecha Corps, equipped with the brain-controlled mechas developed by Gu Yiling, achieved successive victories in foreign wars.

The people of the empire worshiped Victor like a god. He was almost considered the next head of state of the empire by default.

Who would have thought that the cowardly, incompetent, and humiliated villain who tragically died under Carroll in his previous life could surpass the Son of Destiny? And Victor always knew that without Gu Yiling, there would be no Victor today.

Even though there were always annoying rumors surrounding him and Gu Yiling, with many suitors around Gu Yiling and misleading gossip news breaking out from time to time, their relationship was never affected. Their sweetness was envied by others, and they were considered a match made in heaven.

In the third year of Gu Yiling's appointment as an admiral, the Neptune Federation suddenly launched a massive attack on the empire's realm, occupying several planets.

The Imperial Military Department held an emergency meeting, and after discussion, it was decided that Victor's Mecha Corps would be the main force to attack the Neptune Mecha Corps. Carroll and Gu Yiling led the First and Second Corps to retake the occupied Imperial Planets.

The First and Second Corps were powerful and quickly wiped out the Neptune Federation's army, capturing many prisoners of war.

"What a joke! In your little backcountry, you claim to have invented brain-controlled mechas? Let me tell you, all the brain-controlled mechas in our empire were invented by the head of our legion! How dare you boast in front of our head!" The interrogator of the second legion raised his head proudly, mocking the ignorant federal prisoner of war.

The prisoner of war spat out blood and sneered, "You imperial dogs, just wait and see. Victor has been trapped by the army of our Neptune Federation and will die soon, hahaha... You don't know yet, the people of your country have long known

the secret of the mind-controlled mecha, hahaha..."

"What did you say?!" Gu Yiling grabbed his collar and lifted him up, questioning him with a gloomy face.

"I said we already know how the brain-controlled mechas are made. Victor only brought one-third of the mechas because he underestimated the enemy. He must be no match for our mecha army. He is dead, haha... Once Victor is dead, the empire is not far from its demise!"

With murderous intent in his eyes, Gu Yiling slammed the prisoner to the ground and shot him several times in the head. The arrogant smile of the prisoner of war froze on his face.

He put on his coat and hurriedly instructed his deputy, "Contact the Second Legion and head to Neptune!"

That prisoner of war even knew that Victor had only brought one-third of the mechas, so what he said was probably true! There was a traitor in the empire, but who could it be? Regardless, the most important thing now was Victor's safety. Gu Yiling hoped he didn't have an accident; otherwise, he would make the entire Neptune Federation pay!

"Don't go!" Carol suddenly appeared and warned, "The duty of a soldier is to obey orders. If you leave now and the people of Neptune launch another attack, the military court will investigate, and you won't escape the responsibility!"

Although his words sounded righteous and dignified, Gu Yiling sensed the panic in Carol's eyes.

"It's you!" he said with certainty.

The technology of the brain-controlled mechas was one of the top secrets of the empire, and all the forces were fighting for it. After discussion among the elders, it was jointly owned by Gu Yiling, the head of state Eugene, and Deauville of the military. Rolle, who had become the head of the Eugene family a few years ago, was one of the few people who knew about the technology.

Moreover, among these people, Carol was the only one who had a reason to kill Victor!

"If anything happens to Victor, I will never let you go!" Gu Yiling coldly dropped these words, stepped into the spaceship next to him, and rushed to find Victor with the Second Legion.

Carol clenched his fists angrily and watched him leave.

Why do you care so much about Victor? Why don't you want to come back and be with me? Why do you want to help him, causing him to take everything that originally belonged to me? Then all of you will die!

The Mecha Corps lost contact since entering the Neptune Federation, and the Second Legion sent to support them couldn't be reached.

The Imperial Army concealed the news from the outside, fearing it would cause panic among the people, but internally, chaos reigned.

"I have a suggestion. We still have two-thirds of the mecha army. Let's appoint General Eugene as the leader and attack the Neptune Federation," the deputy head of the First Army proposed.

Except for the Mecha Corps that stayed in the Empire and the deputy head of the Second Legion, no one objected to this opinion. Victor and Gu Yiling's whereabouts were unknown. The leaders of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Corps still needed training. The experienced generals were all old, and the Neptune Federation posed a threat. Promoting Carol as the head of the Mecha Corps was the best choice.

Carol maintained a calm appearance, but inside, he was upset. After being suppressed by that damn Victor for so long, how could he not be excited at the opportunity?