2.6

A few drops of oil splashed onto Gu Yiling's white shirt, instantly cooling his expression. He raised his eyes and looked at the alpha next to him, who rested on the dining table with one hand on his hips, wearing an extremely arrogant expression.

Victor also put down his cutlery and looked at him, his eyes darkening.

"Was it you who bullied Ethan at the school gate yesterday?" the alpha asked, referring to the incident when Ethan pretended to be innocent in front of Gu Yiling and was mocked by him.

Gu Yiling sneered, "So what?"

The alpha smirked, "I'm sorry!" He winked at another alpha behind him, who quickly poured a cup of steaming hot water onto Gu Yiling's face.

Just as Gu Yiling tried to dodge, a tall figure stood in front of him.

Almost instinctively, Victor stood in front of Gu Yiling, perhaps acknowledging that Gu Yiling had already occupied an important place in his heart.

From the moment Gu Yiling rescued him in the alley and began living in his house, Victor knew that this day would come. Gu Yiling was too dazzling and perfect, and once someone got to know him, it was hard not to fall in love. But precisely because Gu Yiling was so dazzling and perfect, Victor, like everyone else, never believed that Gu Yiling would truly like him—a powerless, bullied, and useless alpha. So he treated Gu Yiling with goodwill and ignored any rejection, not because he didn't want Gu Yiling, but because he was afraid of losing his heart without gaining Gu Yiling's love.

There weren't many things in his life that truly belonged to him. He didn't want to experience the pain of unrequited love.

However, love had already taken root in his heart, firmly planted in the depths of his soul. It only needed a crack, an opportunity, to sprout and grow into a towering tree.

In that brief moment, Gu Yiling didn't perceive the turmoil in Victor's heart.

In order to manage his emotions, all he saw was a tall figure standing in front of him. The hot water splashed all over Victor's shoulders and arms, emitting white steam, which was quite startling.

Gu Yiling's eyes reddened, a mix of emotions and anger brewing within him.

"You! You son of a bitch!" He disregarded his usual composure and shouted, reaching out to grab the splashing alpha's hair and pressing his head into a dish on the table. The other alpha tried to escape, but Gu Yiling kicked him to the ground. Fueled by anger, Gu Yiling grabbed his collar and punched him in the face a few more times.

Before everyone could fully comprehend the previous second, they heard the screams of the two alphas, sending shivers down their spines. Though Gu Yiling had taught Victor a lesson about alphas several times before, he had always hit and run. But this time, Gu Yiling's actions were driven by pure rage.

People in the cafeteria wore different expressions, but one thought crossed their minds: Never mess with that seemingly gentle Omega.

The two alphas were knocked out by Gu Yiling's assault. Gu Yiling rushed to Victor's side, asking anxiously, "Are you alright?" He lifted the sleeves of Victor's shirt and saw a large red burn mark on his arm, his eyes filled with distress.

Victor shook his head. "I'm fine."

"Fine? It's not fine when it's so hot! Are you stupid? I wouldn't stand there dumbly waiting for the water to hit me. Why did you stand in front of me?" Gu Yiling was not only concerned but also annoyed, his tone

becoming more accusatory.

"I'm really fine," Victor replied with a helpless smile. He reached out and gently touched the boy's soft black hair before walking to another table in the restaurant where Carroll, Ethan, and Gu Yize sat. His dark brown eyes locked onto Carroll, and his aura seemed to overshadow even Carroll, the chosen one. The tension between them made the entire restaurant fall silent. After bottling up his emotions for too long, everyone almost forgot that Victor was also an alpha with 3s mental strength and 3a physical strength.