1.3

After lunch, Gu Yiling didn't obediently return to school. Instead, he sent a message to the head teacher, claiming to be unwell and went home early. He specifically asked the head teacher not to inform his parents, as he didn't want them to worry.

This was a common strategy used by the original owner. As a student with a good background and grades, the teachers often turned a blind eye to his actions as long as he didn't cause any major trouble. Therefore, in the eyes of Gu's father and Gu's mother, Gu Yiling was still perceived as a well-behaved and sensible boy.

Once he secured the house, Gu Yiling planned to meet his target in this world—Shen Junling. Shen Junling was one of the culprits who had a crush on the original owner but eventually pushed him into despair.

He hailed a taxi and headed towards a medium-sized casino in the red light district. If his memory served him right, this was where Shen Junling currently worked.

After completing primary school, Shen Junling was forced by his stepfather to start working. Despite Gu Yiling's desire to help him, there wasn't much he could do. Moreover, Shen Junling himself wanted to leave school and escape the discrimination he faced. He yearned to come out into the world as soon as possible, to break free from the clutches of his stepfather, and to prove himself worthy of Chu Yuexin.

Gu Yiling paid no attention to the surprised gazes of passersby as he walked into the casino, still dressed in his school uniform.

As the best bug fixer, he had acquired numerous skills while completing tasks in different worlds. He was adept at painting, calligraphy, musical instruments, gambling, spearmanship, and divination. Additionally, he possessed a powerful mental power, known as 233, which allowed him to easily manipulate people's thoughts and behaviors.

He exchanged his money for gambling chips at the entrance and didn't rush to find Shen Junling or start gambling. Instead, he leisurely strolled back and forth in front of various gambling tables, his eyes half-closed and lazy, as if he were taking a leisurely walk in his own backyard. In this noisy and chaotic environment, filled with the foul odors of sweat, alcohol, and smoke, the slender and elegant teenager seemed out of place.

"Hey, kid." A man with a bulky face sitting at a gaming table called out to him. "Is this your first time here? Want to join in the game?"

"Sure," Gu Yiling readily agreed and walked over to the gaming table without any haste.

The others made room for him willingly, their eyes filled with malicious intent as if they saw the words "Stupid and Rich" written on his forehead.

"What game are you playing?" the man asked.

"Anything," Gu Yiling replied casually.

"In that case, play this one. I don't think you can handle anything else. It's all about luck," the man said as he tossed a box of six dice to Gu Yiling. Gu Yiling took one die and pushed a chip worth a thousand onto the table.

"How much are you betting? Big or small?" the man asked.

Gu Yiling nonchalantly tossed ten thousand onto the table, not even bothering to look at it, as if he had merely thrown a dollar. He then uttered two words, "Bet big."

The sight of so much money made the surrounding people's eyes turn red, and they began to jeer and tease him like a pack of mad wolves tormenting a helpless little sheep.

"Hey, look at the rich sheep!"

"Brother, go ahead. You'll be left with nothing but your pants

."

The man's eyes widened, his hands trembling as he rubbed them together. He couldn't believe his luck. He had casually found a seemingly wealthy lamb, but it turned out to be a much fatter sheep. He swallowed and said, "Alright, let's bet big." He grabbed the dice cup and vigorously shook his arm.

Gu Yiling also began shaking the dice, but his movements appeared careless, as if his arms were tired from lifting heavy objects for a long time. He simply tossed the dice onto the table.

In the initial rounds, the bets were large, but Gu Yiling consistently rolled low numbers, losing nearly 100,000 in just a few games.

The man watched the stack of chips in front of him grow, his chubby face blossoming into a wide smile, barely revealing his eyes. Gu Yiling, on the other hand, remained calm, occasionally sighing as if frustrated by his bad luck.

"How about it, kid? Still want to gamble?" the man asked.

Gu Yiling pretended to be desperate, pushing all the remaining chips onto the table and angrily said, "Of course I want to gamble! And you, put all your chips on me! I can't believe my luck is so terrible today!"

The man felt a twinge of worry upon hearing Gu Yiling's intention to go all-in, but when he saw the stack of over 100,000 chips in front of Gu Yiling, greed triumphed over reason. He, too, put all his chips on the table and slammed his hand down, saying, "Alright, I'll bet with you on this last game!" After all, he was just facing a young boy. How could he lose?

A crowd had gathered around the table, drawing people from other gaming tables. While they were envious of the man's good fortune, they cheered and whistled, scolding both their fathers and mothers.

"You've made so much money. Don't forget to treat us when you go back!"

"Damn it! Why don't I have such good luck?"

The man held the dice cup with a smile and asked, "Big or small?"

Gu Yiling replied slowly, his tone tinged with a hint of strangeness—as if a hunter quietly awaited the foolish prey to walk into its trap. But the excited prey failed to discern it, assuming he was merely expressing his frustration through gritted teeth.

With a vigorous swing, the man hurled the dice with all his might, aiming for the smallest possible score.

Gu Yiling, in contrast, casually rolled the dice and placed them back on the table, crossing his arms as he calmly observed the man.

The man took a deep breath, his gaze fixed on the dice before him. He opened the cup with trembling fingers, and in an instant, his nervous expression vanished, replaced by a triumphant smile. "Apologies, kid. Four twos and two ones. I win," he declared confidently, reaching out to collect the chips.

"Wait, I haven't revealed mine yet," Gu Yiling interjected, covering his chips as he looked at the man coldly.

The man froze for a moment, then sneered, "Why? Do you think you rolled a lower score than me?"

"Hmph, that's not necessarily the case," Gu Yiling responded, slowly unveiling a cunning smile. It resembled a flickering light in the dark night, illuminating his face. He gazed at the dice and said, "It seems I have won."

A bystander exclaimed, "A stack of Arhats! Six or six equals one, the lowest possible score!"

The man slumped to the ground in shock, his eyes widened in disbelief.

How was it possible? How could there be a stack of Ar

hats? Such advanced gambling techniques weren't expected in a small casino like this.

He knew how to stack Arhats, so why did he lose earlier? Unless... a hideous expression contorted the man's face as he suddenly realized that Gu Yiling had deliberately pretended to be an inexperienced gambler, causing him to lose all his money!

Gu Yiling smiled lightly, paying no mind to the various reactions around him, and calmly retrieved all the chips.

The size of the bet relied on luck, regardless of skill. Deceiving an inexperienced novice who knew nothing about gambling was akin to cheating. The strength of the arm's shake and the angle at which the dice collided with one another had to be accurately calculated. A slight miscalculation could alter the final result. It could be said that betting size was one of the most revealing ways to test a gambler's skill.