5.5

In the afternoon, Gu Yiling planned to go out. Although the slave auction only started at night, he had the habit of wandering around every world to find out what was going on.

Just as Gretel was about to help him into the carriage, Gu Yiling avoided him. He hugged 233, and said viciously to the servant who was lying on the ground and arching his back to make Gu Yiling get on the carriage: "Don't lie down here, go get the bench."

Several servants hurried to get the bench, and at the same time, they thought to themselves: Oh, what is this little master who is so hard to serve? Hope nothing happens today!

Gu Yiling stepped on the bench and got on the carriage, and the carriage began to sway slowly on the street.

There was a heavy rain in the morning, washing the sky extraordinarily pure. It was midsummer, and the afternoon sun was so savage that people who were in direct sunlight could not open their eyes, not to mention the toilers who were working hard on the roadside, and even the servants who had not walked by the carriage for a while were sweating and raining. Most of the roads in the Middle Ages were simple dirt roads. After the rain, the roads were bumpy and potholes.

Gu Yiling opened the curtains and saw Gretel whose cheeks were flushed from the sun. He commanded expressionlessly, "Hey, Gretel, come up."

Gretel was startled, "Master, this is inappropriate."

Although the original young master occasionally cared about him, he also abide by the boundary between master and servant, and would not do anything beyond the master's concern for the servant, such as the master and servant sharing a carriage, in a strict hierarchy. The Middle Ages, especially for prestigious families, would never be allowed.

"Come up when I tell you to come up, how come there are so many words! You don't even listen to me!"

Gretel's face showed a tangled look, but in the end, he couldn't turn Gu Yiling, got on the carriage, and sat next to Gu Yiling, not knowing where to put his cramped hands.

Gu Yiling hadn't looked at him since he got into the carriage, and kept sleeping with his eyes closed.

233 sighed: [What the hell is wrong with you? Obviously they like each other, why are you so angry here? 】

Gu Yiling snorted coldly and did not answer.

Not long after, there was a sudden 'hey yo', 'hey yo' pulling the car, which is not uncommon on this section of the road. After all, the road becomes potholes after the rain, and the wheels of the carriage will sink into the pits if you are not careful. It's still hard to push the carriage out.

Gu Yiling didn't intend to take care of other people's affairs, but 233 suddenly moved his cat ears and said, "Wait! 】

Gu Yiling opened his eyes, smoothed the hair for 233, and asked: [What's wrong? 】

Gretel looked jealously at Gu Yiling stroking 233 gently, and felt that his status in the young master's mind was not as good as that of a cat.

233 explained: [Have you heard the sound of pulling cars outside? The owner of the carriage that got stuck in the mud was Diana Ansair, the hero's mother. 】

Gu Yiling still didn't understand what he meant, and continued to ask: [What's the matter? 】

233 rolled his eyes at him, [Did falling in love make your mind stupid? The female protagonist is just a commoner, but the male protagonist is the eldest son of the Ansair family. How could his parents allow their son to be with a commoner? In the later stage of the story, the male and female protagonists finally came together after being blocked by the male protagonist's parents. Gee, it's bloody enough! If you want to spoil the plot and change the fate of the original protagonist, it might be a good way to start with the male protagonist's parents. 】

Gu Yiling replied expressionlessly: [Oh. 】

233 wagged his tail triumphantly, but heard Gu Yiling say to Gretel: "Tonight, Xiao Hei doesn't need to prepare dinner, let him catch mice by himself. Since we have a cat at home, we should let him play. Its usefulness."

"Yes, Master!" Although Gretel didn't know how the cat they called 'Little Black' made Master angry, he was inexplicably gloating.

"Meow!" 233 waved his short hand and wanted to threaten Gu Yiling, whimpering in dissatisfaction.

This irresponsible host! How can you do this to him! The two team up to bully the cat! 233 felt that he was already black-bellied enough, but every time he was angered by the host who would avenge his revenge, his liver hurt!

Gu Yiling ignored 233's complaints and got off the carriage with Gretel.

Not far ahead, there was a luxurious carriage that was stuck in the mud. Four or five men dressed as servants were pushing the carriage, while a middle-aged woman in luxurious dress and a female servant stood next to it. An umbrella is being held for her, and another is fanning her.

This middle-aged woman is Diana Ansair, the head mistress of the Ansair family. Her floor-length dress was stained with stains, and her eyebrows were slightly furrowed, obviously very impatient.

"Dear Mrs. Diana Ansair, do you need help?" Gu YiLing gave a standard medieval greeting.

"May I ask who you are?" Diana just glanced at him, judging from his dress and the carriage behind him that he was probably an ordinary noble who couldn't enter the Ansair family, otherwise she wouldn't have known him. However, this aristocratic young man is outstanding in both appearance and speech, and his delicate and delicate face can easily arouse the favor of women of their age.

"I'm Colin Willard. In fact, we've met at many banquets, but unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to chat with you, so you probably don't have an impression of me."

"It turned out to be the son of the Willard family. I heard about you. You took on the heavy responsibility of taking charge of the Willard family at a young age. You are indeed a hero."

These words are just polite, Gu Yiling even heard a little bit of hatred of iron becoming steel, and couldn't help but twitch his forehead. Is the image of the original owner's incompetence so deeply rooted in the hearts of the people?

"Mrs. Diana is joking. Compared with your eldest son, Sir Cyril Ansair, I am nothing but a mediocre person. Not only is Sir Cyril outstanding in appearance, but he also studied in Italy, and is full of talents. It can be said that he is the best of all the girls in the city. The lover of your dreams. Madam, you must be optimistic about your son, be careful that he is hooked up by a woman who does not please you."

Gretel looked at Gu Yiling in surprise, the young master has always had no affection for such an arrogant and hypocritical noble boy as Cyril, not to mention that he would never falsely praise someone like Cyril because of his personality. Master, what's the matter? Was he just courting Lady Diana? Or do you really think that Cyril is beautiful, talented, and the dream lover of all girls?

No mother would not like to hear others compliment her son, not to mention that Gu Yiling's expression was so sincere, Diana's formalized polite smile softened, and she covered her mouth and smiled and said, "Mr Colin really knows how to talk, how can my son have one? You say it so well?"

"I'm telling the truth. Oh, you see, I've been talking to you, and I forgot that your carriage is still stuck in the ground. What are you guys doing, why don't you hurry up and help push Mrs. Diana's carriage? !"

"I'm really bothering you, Mr. Colin."