C2 | Part 18

-✘-

"I'm sorry," Sasuke breathes before Sakura could utter a single word. Her face contorts with disbelief and anger. Even hearing him alone is making her furious.
"You're too late," she says in response, her eyes filled with anger and felt no sympathy for him at all. "How dare you play with me like this? Isn't it enough that you took more than five years of my life? What more are you asking for?" She says, gripping the keychain tight.
"Nothing," he lies.

"I've taken years to put back all the pieces you broke, and now you're back, breaking it all over again in every possible way." Despite the sadness in her words, she remained angry and resentful of him.
"It's not my intention to be close to you again. I apologize if my gift was—"
"This isn't about just the gift!!" Sakura says loudly at him. "You- why did you kiss me? Why did you tell me you still want me? You clearly don't!" She let out a sarcastic chuckle.

Sasuke fought the urge to tell her anything. Nothing about this is going to make him the good guy. If she wanted to shout and spat hateful words because of what he did, he would accept it.

Despite all her anger and her hurtful words, Sasuke remained quiet. Clearly he wasn't affected as much as Sakura was, the pinkette concludes. What she's doing now is just embarrassing herself for someone who couldn't even care less about her. No words can hurt a man like him, she's just wasting her time.

"I really hate you, Sasuke, Kami I wish I never met you." She says in a low voice. She immediately looked away, knowing well her tears were about to come. She turned around to leave, but suddenly felt his grip on her wrist stopping her. She turns to look at him with the attempt to look mad, but her eyes were filled with nothing more but sadness and regret... and he.. he had the same look.

"Maybe.. we should just end this. Properly." He finally says. He could no longer see Sakura in pain like this. Having him around was causing this. He had been sending her mixed signals because he couldn't fully let her go. He wanted to leave her with signs that he still loved her despite leaving, and it's doing nothing else but break her apart. "I was wrong for leaving you without a word." He says, his grip still on her wrist. "Sakura-"

"Don't you dare say it." Sakura mumbles and takes her wrist our of his hand. She knew he was going to say he never really loved her, or probably say she deserved better, whatever it was, she refused to hear what he has to say.

Somehow...

...somehow it scared her that he was decided to finally tell her goodbye.

"Sakura just liste-" he mumbles, but she cut him off by gripping the collar of his shirt and pulling him down for a kiss. It took Sasuke by surprise. He should be telling her goodbye before he's gone from her life again. Yet here she was, kissing him. Her grips loosen from his shirt and slithers its way to his neck, pulling him closer. If he responds to her kisses now, he won't know if he could still manage to let her go.

Before he could respond, Sakura broke their kiss and looked at Sasuke with... longing. Still, he could feel her rage. "Why should I listen to you?" she breathes, her brows furrowed. There was still time to stop, he told himself. Yet he couldn't. This time he initiated the kiss before she could utter another word.

Sakura just wanted to shut him up... but she started something she couldn't easily get out from. Sasuke's hands were now pulling her head closer to him, his kiss getting rougher on the lips, and she couldn't stop feeling every little thing about it. His soft lips, his hands on her head, her hands clinging on his collar. She was too quick to respond, and hated the way she loved it when his lips are taunting hers. She felt his tongue licking her lips, asking for permission to enter, she opens it a little and his tongue was quick to enter. Sakura felt blood run through her cheeks. Her face was getting hot. When his tongue finally met hers, there was no more hiding. Their tongues make a sensual dance, and Sakura could shamelessly feel her body get hot and desire more of his touch.