Part 39

"Shut up, Aki." I giggled as he joked around. Or at least that's what I know, otherwise I'd slap him on the face.

"Well, I have to go now, Aki. Just give me a call if you need me."
He turned to face me gave me one piercing look that was as if digging up my deep thoughts. "What?" I asked confusingly of what seems to be the problem. Aki shook his head and grinned, "Nothing. Go on."

I left him sitting alone in the bench and quickly proceeded upstairs to Sasuke's office.

Sasuke was already inside and typing on his laptop. He didn't seem to notice my presence.
"Uhm, Sasuke." I coughed, but Sasuke continued what he was doing and showed no acknowldgement about hearing me or anything. "Sasuke. It's about the dinner party for the weekend."

"Just message me the details." He said coldly.

What is the matter with him?

I went back to my station and continued the reports.
Gladly, I'm confident that I'm going to finish these reports by Friday.

As the afternoon and the end of shift came, I cleaned up my station and decided to check on Sasuke before leaving. Apparently he was studying his paperworks and it's probably best not to bother him.

I'll just probably send him a message later at night.

I arrived almost immediately at home and found mom preparing dinner.
"Welcome home, honey. I'm preparing mushroom soup and curry for you tonight."
"Wow, thanks mom." I hugged her from behind while she stirred the soup on the stove.
"What's wrong, honey?" She sounded a bit alarmed.
"Well, it's really nothing mom, I just want to ask.."
"Go on?"
"What could be the reason why a gu- I mean- why a person is ignoring you?"
"There are a lot of reasons honey. Maybe they just don't like talking, or talking specifically to the person, or they don't have the time, or maybe the person is mad at the other, really honey, it's too many to mention."

I'm not saying that Sasuke was really ignoring me, perhaps mom was right with the part where he just doesn't have time.

Or.. or the part where he's mad at me.

But why?

What did I do wrong if that was the case?

"I'll be up on my room, changing. I smell." I paced up to my room and quickly took out my phone.

Write new message......

'Sasuke, sorry I wasn't able to tell you I headed home, I didn't want to distract you.' 5:57pm

'No prob.' 6:03pm

'About the dinner party, here are the details. De Vermont Hotel, Event Hall, 15th of August at 7pm.' 6:10pm

I grabbed my shirt and sweatpants to change while I waited for his response. I seriously don't think of any reason for him to be mad at me. Why is he acting so... different?

A buzz on the phone notified me about Sasuke's response. I opened it and found myself disappointed with his conversation killer phrase.

'Got it.' 6:24pm

It's probably best not to bother him for a moment. Maybe he really has no time, or maybe you're just thinking too much, Sakura.

I hugged my pillow tight and tried to forget the thoughts running in my mind right now.

I didn't want to think about anything.
I didn't want to think about him.
What is wrong with you, Sakura?

For the following days,

It had been the same.

I tried and tried and I tried even more just to think Sasuke was busy.

But it gets harder to believe.