Part 89

A week had gone when I had passed a resignation letter to Sasuke and he looked at it like he had already expected it, not much reaction, is what I really meant by that. I bit my lip by just the thought of leaving the company. But that doesn't mean I have to leave him too, right? That doesn't mean I won't get to see Hinata, Tenten and my fellow colleagues here, right?

Though I did pass it and got ready for the changes, I was thankful that nothing had changed just yet, I was simply back to my daily routine and no one had treated me differently. They had understood it as soon as I did. But one thing I didn't really like was finally meeting the applicants filling out my soon to be ex-position time by time.

Rikka had sent her friend and colleague to apply for the position and had notified me two days ago, as well as this morning before I arrived at the office.

"Hello, you must be Ms. Haruno?" She greeted me politely and offered a hand. I took it gently and shook it. "I'm Konan. I was told by Rikka-san about the secretarial position here at the main office. Here's my resume." She added before I could answer and smiled brightly while her blue hair shone franctically bright on the sunlight.

She was a few inches taller than me, a perfectly structured face and would be very fitting for a supermodel considering how flawless and effortless she walks which make me question why she didn't consider that profession instead.
"Hi, thank you for coming, Konan. Rikka did inform me about your arrival. Welcome to the main office." I greeted back. "I'll call you right over, have a seat first, make yourself comfortable." I said, gesturing her the couch over the lobby in front of Sasuke's office. I immediately went inside and informed Sasuke about the new applicant he'll be having an interview 1 on 1.

"How is she?" Sasuke questioned like he always does when an applicant came strolling by, probably feeling tired of finding a fitting secretary for him considering that this may be the 13th this week. Although I've got to admit it was making me feel a bit... happy.
"Well, she's.. beautiful." I complimented.
"Really?" He responded with a playful tone in his voice while adjusting the hems of his sleeves by his wrist.
"Yep," I confirmed, a bit queasy telling it though. "Anyway, haven't you chosen yet?" I asked, driving the topic away.

"Not yet. I blame you for setting the standards too high." He said with nonchalance as if it was an innocent type of flirting. I felt my cheeks flush yet it was no time for that. I had reports Ibneeded to finish before I leave the company and if that Konan doesn't pass, I would have to accommodate more applicants and there was still a time limit on everything.
"Well, choose already, we haven't got much time." I suggested and said it quite hurriedly.
"Boring girlfriend." He mumbled. "Fine, let her in."
I had gestured the blue haired Konan and directed her inside. Sasuke gave me one piercing look which I responded with a big roll on my eye before I shutted the door close and left them inside.
"Goodmorning, Mr. Uchiha." I heard her say.

I wasn't the type to eavesdrop so I left and continued finishing the summary of my reports. Not half of an hour later when I heard the door open and saw Konan first to go out already.
"It's really nice meeting you finally, Mr. Uchiha, I truly admire your art for organizing your people." She smiled gently before him. "It is also nice meeting you, Ms. Haruno. I should be going now."

Packing her stuffs, she had headed for the elevator and was now out of sight. I turned to look curiously at Sasuke who seemed to look confident for being complimented.
"So.." I interjected. "What did you tell her?"
"We'll call her." He said this time.
When he had said it, it took me a moment to finally understand he had found a replacement. It wasn't confirmed yet, but for the last 12 applicants that he had an interview with, he didn't hesitate to reject them, he was still a cold-hearted bastard after all, so he had straightforwardly said they won't have the position.

"Looks like you found a replacement for me. Should I start packing?" I said comically.
"I found a replacement for your position babe, not you."
"Are you flirting with me?" I chuckled.
"Finish your reports." He hissed.

It was that peaceful Friday morning afterwards.
Today, I slipped out of the house and took the bus, refusing to practice on the car dad had bought. Yes, I am more comfortable on the bus and public transportation.

I arrived shortly at the office, quite earlier than usual. I had to pack up some stuffs that took comfort on my desk too, it wasn't much, but those were items I pocketed and left it here when it was useful like a little frame of me and mom, of course, it was a motivation.
While on the process, I had noticed a sticky note where Sasuke had written saying,

'Call the blue haired woman. 10PM sharp.'

Knowing him, he probably couldn't remember the name and took the effort to write down the color instead of her name. I did as I was told, and contacted the number provided on the resume she had given yesterday.

'Hello?'
"Hi, Ms. Konan, goodmorning. Mr. Uchiha is asking for your presence 10PM sharp."
'Thank you for the notification, Ms. Haruno. Goodmorning to you as well.'
"You're welcome. See you."
Although it was far early in the morning, she had sounded like she was ready for another interview, or she just sounded beautiful.(Unlike me who probably sounds like a growling beast when I wake!)

Looking over my phone ended call, I noticed the message icon from multiple persons was in my phone's inbox. There were three new messages.

From Dad,
'I'll catch you next time!' 6:06 AM

From Tenten,
'Hey, did your picky boss need another week to choose or is this your last shift? Please tell us it isn't. Goodmorning btw.' 6:25 AM

From Master,
'I will be arriving late, tiger.' 6:43 AM

Way to go for our last shift together, I rolled my eyes, taking note of his late arrival. Sitting on my empty chair, I rested my head on the cold hard desk, unable to think this gloomy day was my last day here.

My last day.

Our last day.

Popping my eyes open, I bolted awake, not aware that I was falling asleep earlier for resting my head shortly. It was now 8:05 AM, at least I hadn't overslept much, opening my computer, I took notice of the presence that had arrived momentarily.
"Goodmorning again," She greeted, her voice firm and gentle.
"Oh, Konan, you're early."
"Ah yes, I'd rather be early. I am never late. Besides I wanna tour around somehow."
"Want me to tour you?"

"Ah no need, thank you so much for your offer though." Konan smiled. "Uhm, I hope you don't mind Ms. Haruno, but may I know what kind of boss is Mr Uchiha for you?"
Though a bit startled with her question, I assessed it carefully and gave it a thought.
"Well, to me.. he is a great boss. He is understanding even though he may be stubborn. He is kind even though he doesn't look like it. I mean - well - it's really hard to explain but I am most thankful to him for giving this opportunity to someone like me."

"What's wrong with someone like you?"

"I haven't finished college yet you know, I mean- But he still-"

"You two are going out, aren't you?" She grinned playfully while I made myself flush on the cheeks involuntarily, not foreseeing her question. "T-that has nothing to do-"

"Don't you think it's just out of pity?"