Part 42

A/N: I know the previous chapter was a bit of a cliffhanger, but here's the neeexxxtt. Mwahahahaha ~

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

The flaming red hair woman Karin had held the arm where I held him just a few minutes ago. She wore black and she looked.. pret- I mean - okay without her glasses on.

"I'll have this." I grabbed the glass of wine Hinata offered me.

Just a taste maybe.

Naruto held the mic closely to him and started, "I'd like to thank you all for coming to this party. This is just a simple gathering of UC and UE's partnership. Sasuke, our guest of honor, without him this would be impossible. And again, thank you UC, for giving us this opportunity. Cheers to UC and UE partnership!" He held his glass up. "Cheers!" The crowd said altogether and imitated Naruto by holding their glasses of wine up and drank.

I was hesitant to drink it, but.. but I need to. I drank all the contents of the glass and well... I didn't like the taste but I like the feeling.

"Sakura you drank all of it at once?" Hinata asked.
"Aren't we supposed to?"
"Just a sip would do."

Hinata and I stared each other for a moment..

Until we bursted out giggles.

"Hi," an unfamiliar voice spoke behind me, I turned and saw a tall, blonde long hair man smiling. "Sorry for interrupting you and Hinata."

"Oh, this is Mr. Deidara. One of our board members." Hinata gave me a smile, not just any smile, an I-told-you-smile to tease me.

"Thank you for the introduction Hinata, and you must be..?"
"Hi, I'm Sakura, Mr. Sasuke's secretary. It's very nice meeting you Mr. Deidara."

Like what Mr. Jiraiya did, he took my hand and kissed it. The difference was, this blonde's kiss was giving me few electricity on my body.

"Sakura, I must go. I, ugh, need to attend to Mr. Naruto." Hinata smilingly said suddenly and left. Some part of me didn't believe that was true. Hinata!

"Can I be your escort for tonight?" Deidara smiled. He wasn't like the type of Naruto, who smiled and had good positive vibes around him. He was more like... the aura of Sasuke, yet he smiled more often than him.
"I," I spoke. Wasn't I supposed to be Sasuke's accompany for tonight?

Sakura, hello, he's with Karin tonight! You saw that woman's hand on his arm! A voice behind my mind spoke and slapped me with the truth.

"I wouldn't mind." I finally said as I took his arm when he gestured.

Deidara took me near the buffet table and I was able to see the food choices.

"I'm in heaven." I carelessly said. Deidara looked at me and chuckled. "Would you like to eat dinner with me?"

Eat with him? But I should be eating with...

"Well, I'd love to, but -"
"Do you want to eat with Hinata? There they are." He pointed.

Hinata looked at us and waved. She gestured to join them. But Hinata wasn't the only one there. Naruto, Karin and Sasuke.

Deidara dragged me there just about time when I wanted to eat with him alone instead..
"Deidara and Sakura?" Naruto looked confused. "Wow, it's been years since I saw you with a woman, Deidara." Naruto laughed.
"I know, but good thing that bitch
broke up with our Dei-dei. That woman was crazy anyway." Karin added and laughed.
"Now, now. I have company." Deidara interrupted.

They know each other?

"Sasuke," Deidara called, I could feel my heart is about to drop any moment. "I hope you don't mind me accompanying your secretary for tonight."

"It's not my right to accept your permission." Sasuke said bluntly.
"Well, Sakura said she wouldn't mind."

Okay, my heart dropped.

Sasuke gave me a look, I didn't know what it meant but he was not happy.

Not very happy.

The six of us ate dinner together at the table. For me it was awkward, but they barely felt that, obviously.

"So Sakura," Naruto said. "Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked bluntly as I almost choked out the water I drank.
"N-no." I answered as-a-matter-of-factly.
"That's good. You and Dei-dei will look perfect together." Karin chuckled.

Yeah right. So you could have Sasuke by yourself, I bet.

"Shut up." Deidara answered. "Say, Sakura, do you want to go to the balcony? The stars there are great." He said sweetly at me.
"Aww that's unfair, I was about to drag Sasuke there with me." Karin pouted.
"Yeah sure, let's go." I answered right away and prevented Karin from giving out more informations on their plans for the night.

I don't think I could bare it.

Deidara and I were half way the stairs to the balcony when I wanted to back out.

I mean, this kind of moments, I want to spend it with someone special..

I decided this out on a whim. I feel so stupid for dragging him into my drama though..

"Deidara.. can we have a drink instead?" I asked.
"You sure?" I nodded and headed back down. I just felt sad and maybe a bit of drinking would help me feel ease.

Deidara and I sat on the mini bar.

We were about to order when Karin and Sasuke came over the other table. Sasuke quickly spotted me and I avoided his eyes.

I need to ignore them. Ignore them, Sakura.

The bartender served us different kind of drinks. Some were sweet, some were bitter, some were the combination of both.

I liked it.

But somehow it was pinching my head bit by bit.

"Whoa Sakura, take it easy. Don't take it all up at once." He chuckled.
"No don't mind me I can handle this." I took one big gulp to the glass the bartender gave me. "One more here!"

"Sakura, that's enough, I think you drank too much tonight."
"No, no, no worries, I got this."

My head was spinning like crazy, I know what I'm doing but.. I just need... one more drink 'til I completely forget my frustration.

Before my lips could touch the glass, a hand held my glass and forcefully took it out of mine.

"That's enough." Sasuke glared.
Why is he glaring? And why is he stopping me?
"Why -" I hiccoughed.
"I'll take it from here."

He held my arm and dragged me out of their sight.

● ● ● ●

A/N: Omg I'm so excited with the next chapter lol! Don't forget to hit the vote button please, comment as well! Yay for new charactersss!ヽ(´▽`)/

Nic xx