C2 | Part 10

"Are you sure you're planning to wear that?" Sasori hesitated.
"Of course. I don't see what's wrong with it." Sakura pretended not to notice.

"Look, as your friend- I don't want you to wear that." He shrugged. She was wearing a bit of a daring black top and an above-the-knee-length black skirt to match. He was a bit conservative after all and he thought Sakura was the same.

Actually, she is conservative. But after all that guy put her through, making lovey-dovey with all his business partners' daughters in front of her, making her uncomfortable, she ought to be daring once in a while to probably make him realize what he lost. Not that she was telling all that outloud and especially not that she was planning to get him back.

"I wish I could cancel all my meetings today to accompany you." The redhead regretted he actually made this day's schedule full, but it wasn't all like that, his meetings were with international partners who are always pretty occupied so setting a meeting with them takes time.
"Look, Sasori, I'm a big girl now." Sakura chuckled.
"I can't put my coat on you later, so can you at the very least, bring it with you? I don't want you to get cold." Sasori offered, and Sakura knew he'll never stop bugging her if she doesn't accept.
"Alright." Sakura said in defeat, with a small smile on her cute face.

Kira informed her a week ago about this business-social gathering they were planning to attend and invited her as well since Sasuke and his team will all be attending.

Sakura didn't hesitate and made immediate preparations for it. She ordered a few make up products online for this convention night, she wanted to be prepared. Surprisingly, Sakura knows how to do her make up, thanks to Tamaki who taught her how it's done because of her party nights at college.

She let her hair loose, put eyeliner and light eyeshadow, a few strokes of blush on and a peck of natural pinkish red tint on her lips. Grabbing the coat Sasori took off, she started driving towards the event hall it was going to be held at.

"Lovely evening to the beautiful lady in black." A familiar voice greeted the pinkette a few minutes later when she arrived and it felt just nostalgic. Turning around, she witnessed her two friends and ex-colleagues, side by side like always.
"Mr. Uzumaki! Hinata!" Sakura ran towards them and pulled the two on a tight hug.
"Please, Sakura, call me by my first name. I'm no longer the business partner of your ex boy.. ex boss." Naruto cleared his throat. Pretty sure he just meant her ex boyfriend instead of ex boss.
"Good to see you here, Hinata, Naruto."
"You look very sexy tonight, Sakura." Hinata giggled.
"..and very single." Sakura added carelessly.
"Does that mean you didn't bring any date tonight?" Naruto asked, sipping his red wine.
"Of course."

"How are you anyway? I haven't heard from you ever since you left.. but Hinata here keeps me a bit updated."
"Yeah, I'm sorry for not getting in touch. I just graduated months ago and started working for my father... and temporarily working with Sasuke. Business partner and all." The pinkette grabbed a glass of red wine from a waited and started drinking.
"You're fine with that?" Naruto asked, hiding a hint of worry.
"Why shouldn't I be?" She took another sip. "Where's Tenten?" Sakura asked Hinata. "Late, probably."

The conversation of the three broke when a suspecting business partner of Naruto came to greet the two. Sakura smiled and left them to start roaming around.

She came across someone she knew, unpleasantly, she was greeted. "Good evening, Ms. Sakura."
"Good evening to you too, Ms. Konan." She beamed a smile.
"I've heard. Congratulations on graduating."
"Wow, uhm, thanks."
"I'm sorry about what happened before." She mentioned calmly. She was probably meaning the denial of providing Sakura the new address and phone number of Sasuke back when they lost contact.
"No, it's okay. I know you were just being professional. I should be thanking you."