C2 | Part 13

"Fill me in. What are you really up to?" Tenten eyed the pinkette suspiciously. She, in fact, had seen her with Sasuke the other night after all.
"I kissed him." Sakura whispered and chuckled naughtily.

Tenten and Sakura was in their favorite and usual coffee shop beside their office building, having their small chat during break hours. Tenten really wanted Hinata to come along to knock some humanity to their pinkette friend but she was busy with Naruto, who will be conducting a trade show in a few days and she had to be with him to help.

"Do yourself a favor, Sakura. Stay out of his life. You fell once, remember?" The brunette brutally slapped the words on Sakura's face.
"Please, Ten. If someone falls, it's not gonna be me." She said, a smirk of an assumed victory on her face, as she added her 2nd sugar cube on her black coffee.

"Are you really serious about this revenge thing?" Her friend rolled her eyes and slouched on the café's comfiest chair.
"Maybe," Sakura tried to restrain her smile. It was not returned back.

"Oh come on Ten, you have to admit this is kind of exciting. Imagine me - a weakling, once hurt and broken by fake love finally returning to the field to take on another battle and win. The best part is that you get to see your insensitive boss finally losing in his own game." She was obviously determined, Tenten noticed. She didn't smile, nor gave encouragement because it seemed that Sakura was already taking this revenge stuff seriously. She might get hurt again. She didn't want that.

"Just assure me you won't fall for him again." Tenten asked, but somewhere deep inside her mind will not be convinced by it.

"I won't." Sakura's smile gleamed.

"Anyway, your birthday is coming up and I just received the invitation. Can you at least tell me about it." Tenten clasped her hands, setting the mood right again by changing the subject.
"I don't know anything about it," Sakura answered, "Sasori told me not to plan for it because he has something under his sleeves. I trust him, plus the invitation looked mysterious and exciting" She was so excited about it. She is turning 26!

26!! Back then, she always dreamed of getting married at this age, have a child by 28 and be a full-on housewife. She had dreamt of it when she was still with Sasuke in his too-big-for-one mansion.

Remembering it now, Sakura pictured Sasuke in his big room, alone, with piles of paperwork on his desk. His house awfully quiet like always, and his face never pulling off a smile. Like how she had met him. He was cold, and distant, a playboy too, but in the end of the day, he will always be alone and by himself. He would always smirk though, when things go his way with her. But that was years ago. She didn't know how much he changed. He may no longer be like that.

But who cares, right? He chose to be alone! Sakura reminded herself.

"-kura? Paging Sakura from earth? Are you listening?" Tenten snapped her fingers in front of Sakura's face. "Are you okay?" She asked her unattentive friend. "Oh, sorry, I'm okay. I'm just.. thinking about things."

-✘-

It was a weekday morning and he was glad he is out of responsibilities today. After probably years, he finally took a time off of work, and Itachi, his brother, reckoned this was a sign of something, he couldn't figure out if good or bad, but he was still glad his brother was finally taking a rest. "Hey," he greeted. "It's very unusual for me to see you home on a weekday."

"Yeah, you'll probably see me more often." Sasuke slightly smirked.
"Why?"
"That girl is driving me crazy." He said as he remembered the night they kissed. Her lips smoothly pressing into his. Shaking his head off of the inappropriate-at-the-moment thought, "I might start working here at home." He said, exasparated. Honestly, he wanted to be away with her as further as he could be. But working from home on a permanent basis or for a long term may not always work for him.