Part 28

A/N: Here's for more SasoSaku moments! I made it a little lighter than SasuSaku moments though! But I would rate their moment in this chapter as 7.5 out of 10 because I believe I had gone really light with this one since because they're just starting lol.

Please vote if you like it, and If I may ask, do you feel some spark in between Sasori/Aki and Sakura?

Really hope for your reactions on this chapter!

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"
"Oh, it's.."

I took up every courage left in my body to say it.

"It's about Ms. Akasuna Hara."
Aki stopped typing on his laptop and turned to look at me.
"What about her?" He asked rather seriously.
"She - she bumped into me today." I said in almost a whisper.
"What did she tell you?"
"She said if I could convince you to talk to her.."

"Tell her I won't." Aki said forcefully.
"Oh come on Aki, she was almost begging me.."
"No, I won't, Sakura." He insisted.

Is this supposed to be the time where the woman acts cute and all? Nah nevermind that. I'm not cute no matter how I tried to.

"Fine, I even covered up for you, she told me she likes me for you. I made this whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing convincing because I thought you would want me to. And this is what I get for it." I frowned and hope my plan would work.

Aki took a minute to stare at me until he bursted out laughing.

"Are you that desperate to even use reverse psychology on me?" Aki laughed.
"Well, sorry I tried!" I pouted and frowned, only this time, it was true!
"Okay fine." Aki sighed.
"Okay fine what?"
"I'll talk to her." He said gloomily.
"Really? That's gr-"
"On one condition." Aki grinned.
"What now?"
"You'll be with me the whole time we're talking."
"Wait what? No! This is personal for the both of you, I'm not gonna ruin it for her and stop dragging me to it!"
"You dragged me into this. But fine, the deal is off if you won't agree anyway."

Sometimes Aki could be so evil.

"Fine. Fine." I ended the conversation. Case closed! Aki smiled at me and returned to his laptop.

I took the bottle of water in my bag and believed I had gone terribly dry with our conversation.

"So, how is that guy Sasuke treating you?"

I coughed inside and almost splurted out the water I've been drinking. Aki turned to me and went close as he offered me a handkerchief.
"What - what about him?"
"I, err, I figured it out. So, what about him? Is he into you?"

Something smells fishy. How could he had an idea about that? Hmm. Am I that easy to read?

"What do you mean he's into me?"
"He look a lot like a womanizer. Is he making you sort of a target?"

An arrow had shot right through me. Now that he mentioned it, it was what I really feel. I was just the next target for him. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Not to him but myself for sort of thinking I was different somehow. I looked out off the gaze Aki was giving me. I had to lie, of course.

"Sort of, but I'm not falling for it."

Aki suddenly placed his hand on my cheeks and turned my head to face him.

"You look sad though."
His eyes were daring me to say the truth, it was as deep as Sasuke's eyes, but it was different. I'm not sure whom I get intimidated the most.

I was drawn to the way he looked at me that I almost.. almost felt I'm in love.

He poked my nose driving me out of my thoughts which I'm really thankful for.
"Sakura, you don't have to settle for a guy like him."
"What - no - I'm not settling! I'm just staying because, I need this job."

I almost thought Aki sighed. Or did he?
"Fine, just take precautions when you're around that guy. And it's getting a little late. I'll take you home."

Aki and I were walking together on our way to my house when a buzz on my pocket startled me.

Master calling.....

Why is he calling me now?

I opened the call awkwardly around Aki.

'Hello?'
'Why did you leave so suddenly?'
'You were having a conversation with Mr. Hozuki, I figured I should leave.'

The background sound of Sasuke's call was noisy. Full of crowd chatter and a catchy beat song. He's probably in the bar Hozuki was talking about and hoo-

'(N'aww turn that off Sasuke, let's drink!)' A woman's voice had appeared on the call which proved me right that he is really hooking up!

Does he have to let me know he's with some women?! Ugh!

I hanged up.

"Why the long face?" Aki said.
"Oh, it's.. it's nothing."

Though Aki didn't look close to convinced, he remained silent and I was thankful for that.

"Well, here we are. Thank you for taking me home, Aki." I smiled.
"You're welcome."

Aki suddenly bent down his face to mine and gave me a sweet kiss on my cheek. I could feel my face burning fire much more than Aki's red hair.

A cloud of sunshine had suddenly invaded the gray clouds in my head.