Part 17

"I'm home." I greeted mom as I stepped inside our front door.
"This early, honey?" Mom was quite shocked about it, so was I.
"I don't work in the ramen shop anymore mom, err Sasuke - I mean - my boss took me for a full time job so I had to quit." I explained. Mom doesn't look happy about it, yet she look satisfied with my answer and thankfully didn't ask anymore questions. Phew.

I changed my clothes to pajamas and quickly sent Sasuke a message.

'No wonder you were okay with me going back to the ramen shop! Thanks a lot!' 7:05pm

'You're welcome.' 7:07pm

And now he's being sarcastic as I was. Ugh. He is so annoying.

I didn't bother replying at all, I turned my phone off and decided to help mom instead. She was preparing dinner.

Some home made yakisoba! Yum!

"So, how was your date with your 'boss'?" Mom asked out of the blue.

I almost died of choking.

"We- he's - mom - we're not dating mom! He's just my boss!" I said nervously as I stammer at each word.
"I was just kidding, honey." Mom laughed. She's so mean sometimes. But I love seeing her smile.
"Anything good happened today, then?"
I blushed with the thought of the kiss Sasuke gave.

But no.

Mom asked for the good happenings. And that kiss was not good. I blushed even more as my ego said his lips were so soft and sticky to her lips that it was a bit addicting though.

"Nothing much. We just.. talked. You know, like, getting to know your boss or your assistant. Something like that." I said and it sounded very convincing.
"Well that's great, honey. It's a good thing to know each other. Really. Since you'll be working with each other a lot of time. You literally spend your time with him, and getting to know his character would help you in some ways."

I do hope so.
Like, by knowing he's a pervert and so I have to research tactics on how to avoid them. That will be a big help, I thought bitterly.

We had finished our dinner and I took the washing dishes chore. I missed doing this somehow. With me working on the ramen shop, I couldn't eat dinner with mom nor help her much with anything.

Perhaps being replaced in the ramen shop had its positive sides too.

Maybe I didn't think of it much and even hated Sasuke for it. Great, now I feel guilty.

I took a quick shower to freshen up a bit. It was already 9:24pm.

I turned on my phone again to send him a message, perhaps a more apologetic kind. I was about to open my messaging app when suddenly..

"Master calling........."

Oh no. I'm in trouble again. I gathered all the left courage in me and answered it.

"Hello?"
'Where were you?'
"Home, of course."
'I couldn't contact you. Why did you turn off your phone?'
"O-oh? Did I turn it off? Ha ha. Silly me!"
'Not funny. I've been calling you quite a lot of times now. Each call you missed will cost you a lot, tiger.'
"You're going to take it from my salary?"
'No, I've got better ways to take your debts, babe.'
"Can't you just forgive me?"
'Adorable apologies doesn't work on me. But perhaps if you do it personally, I'll make exemptions.'
"Nevermind! Fine, I'll pay my debts!"
'You sure?'
"How many calls did I miss, then?"

There was a moment of silence. Perhaps he was counting it.

'Nineteen.'
"Nineteen? How long have you been trying to call me?"

I blushed. Was he that worried?

No. He's not worried. At all.

'Stop asking. Just pay up. Monday, and you'll be working overtime. Got it?'
"F-fine."

We both hang up. Overtime on Monday? I really got a bad feeling about it. Yet what choice do I have?

Sunday morning came and I overslept. My mind wouldn't shut up about the shameful kiss and the worry issues my ego had been building herself up.

"Sakura, honey, can you buy this things for me?" Mom shook me as I lie on my bed, apparently not wanting to stand. But I managed to do so. Mom gave me list of groceries she needs. I quickly took my sweater, jogging pants, tied my hair in a bun and placed my phone and the list on my right pocket.

My hair wasn't supposed to look messy, but it did, and I wasn't supposed to look homeless yet I look like I'd overqualify. Whatever.

I did some jogs to get to the market place and took mom's list to start buying.

I was halfway done with the list when I saw Aki nearby.
"Aki!!" I called out. He looked my way and he unexpectedly smiled as if he was the happiest person to see me. He paced towards me and and took grab on my waist as he dragged me off.
"Aki wh-"
"Just go with the flow." He whispered.

Another woman's voice had been calling out for Aki.

"Oh there you are. Wh-" The woman who had been calling him out had appeared in front of us, she looks beautiful, yet she was in an older age, probably like mom's.

"I'm on a date. Can we talk some other time?" Aki said coldly.
Wait, what date?
"Oh, sorry Sasori. I understand."
Sasori? Who?
"Aki, please. We're going now." Aki kept hold on my waist and dragged me as he turned around.

"Sakura?" A familiar voice called.

"Sakura and Sasori? That's interesting." She chuckled.

It's Karin.