Part 85

Taking the usual turns and paths towards his room, I stood in front of his bedroom door with hesitation, I couldn't decide, battling in my mind was that - if this is okay to visit him or I could have just gave him space for a while.

Storing all my courage in my chest and letting it out in one blow, I've decided to go forward, he was troubled, and being his girlfriend meant I should be someone who will lend him a hand or simply make him feel I was there for him.

Sighing, I balled my hand into a grip and lifted it to knock when the door suddenly flew open. Sasuke looked at me with confusion for a second, and amusement right after, while I looked back at him, stunned and halfway down to backing out.

By the looks of it, he was still wearing his formal attire for work, yet this time his necktie was gone, his hair was ruffled and messy in a sexy kind of way, his coat already off of him, his sleeves tucked up above his elbows and three buttons on his white linen shirt were undone, giving a good glimpse of his chest.

Goodness, am I observative or what.

"Luring yourself into the trap?" He smirked playfully. "Come in." He gestured inside, which made me want to back out 99%.
"On second thought-"

I gasped, he took me by surprise when his arms slithered by my waist, wrapping it carefully and carried me inside.

"Sa-sasuke!" I shouted, sounding exasperated as much as possible. His arms left me soon when my feet landed the ground.
"You're not going anywhere until you tell me why you're here." He crossed his arms over his chest, leaning over the door.
"I was just- paying you a visit!" I exclaimed.

"Most of the time, girls who come knocking on my door keeps begging for more."

Asshole.

That wasn't even funny.

"Why- thank you for such a reminder you're a playboy. Now get out of my way. I'm going home." With my blood almost reaching its boiling point, I looked at him fiercely at his dark obsidian eyes,

"Don't make me carry you again." He said, a smirk trailing over his lips.
"Okay, give me a reason not to go." I crossed my arms over my chest, arching one eyebrow at him, glaring.
"You're my girlfriend, you're worried, and that was the past and it never happened again." His eyes carefully scanning for my reaction, although he looked at me playfully like he was enjoying the show.

I snorted out and rolled my eyes, asking for an explanation wasn't a good idea if you really want to go. One way or another he'll make his point and get away with it.

Carefully observing his room, his desk was filled with paperworks, this may be usual, but the amount of it wasn't. Clearly, something was up, and he didn't care enough to tell me.

In the end I couldn't resist, I was really worried about him, being troubled with this and that.

I sat on the edge of the bed, while he sat on his chair beside the desk, studying the paperworks I assume his dad had sent him to review. (Normally he would pin me down in the bed, but now.. Wait what-)

"Sasuke," I mumbled,
Not leaving his eyes on the paper, he hummed, "Hmm?"
"Is there something troubling you? Something I should know..?" Twirling my hair absent-mindedly, I asked nervously.

He winced, and he might've thought I didn't notice it. I'd rather not acknowledge it but wait for his answer instead, I don't want to hold him back. Sasuke placed the folder he was studying on top of his desk. Focusing on me this time, his dark obsidian onyx eyes swarming with unreadable thoughts stared through mine.

He sighed before he decided to say, "In fact, there is. You're still my secretary after all. There are issues with the company, conflicts that needs to be straightened up. I can't disclose much information since I haven't fully confirmed it yet. Long story short, the company is at risk if we don't resolve and cope up with this immediately." Though he acknowledged it to me, somehow it felt that he was talking to himself more than me. A sign that he is more troubled than what I've thought.