Part 88

"I can't do this! I can't do this! I wanna go!" I cried out at the driver's seat at the first day of my driving lessons. It was two days ago when dad and I went to the so-called Audi branch and bought me a white Audi R8. The cars were indeed beautiful, but just thinking of myself driving one? Nope.

"Relax, sweetie." Dad chuckled, he sat at the front seat beside me and told me he had the time and 'courtesy' to take over my first day for driving lessons today.
"Can't I just take the bus?" I panted, not yet touching anything and thinking he'll change his mind about this.
"No, I'm not gonna allow you. Now, I can teach you all day just so you learn and get used to driving, honey." Dad was obviously determined to do so, making my chances of quitting way down below the drain.

By then, he teached me the buttons and functions of the inside of the car. Knowing this car will be holding my dear life, I memorized it all after a few hours of repitition and pop up questions. I was very much scared to die in shame because I lack the knowldge of the proper driving.

"Very good," Dad complimented after I answered several questions about the functions. It felt great having this time with dad too. Back then he'd always help me with my homework no matter how hard it may be, and we're simply bringing back those memories.

We really had a good time, and probably, it would be the best time to tell him about my plans too, about my current job.
"Dad, I just want to tell you that I've decided." I started, and there was a sudden change of his expression, although he tried to make it neutral, it was obvious that he was somehow tense and nervous about it, perhaps he thought there were more chances of me saying no.
"I'll take the job." I added in the middle of silence between us. It was no mistaking it, a glow of pride and happiness had caught him, and it made me feel, like, it's worth it.

"I'm - well - I'm very happy, Sakura, finally, wow." Dad managed to pull me in a hug, with him tapping on my back. "What about your job with him?" He suddenly asked that left me astonished because I never thought he'd ask.

"Well, I'll be quitting the post. Aaaand, we're still going to see each other."
"I see." He added quite unethusiastically when I've finished my sentence.

"What? Don't you like him, dad?"
Whoa wait- Did I just ask that?
"I have nothing against him." Dad said frantically.

No backing out now.

"Then- why is it like- both of you aren't getting along?" I asked, remembering the tension-filled moment by the breakfast a few days ago.
"It's nothing about him, it's just- about their family. Long story, sweetie."
"I have all day, dad." I answered back, mimicking him about teaching me driving all day if he has to.

For a moment he went silent, as if weighing the consequences if he answered, or picking his lines to say.

"I don't want to tell you because it's something I don't want you to concern yourself with, but you seem persistent and I know you wouldn't let this go easily. So.. I'd tell you some," He said rather queasily.
"The Uchihas- we used to know each other. Sasuke's father, that guy, well, we used to go to the same school back in middle school. I was a scholar, your grandparents couldn't afford to enroll me in that prestige school after all. Anyway, Fugaku, he wasn't just an acquiantance, but a friend too. Ever since freshmen year we were friends, close friends if you may say. Somehow - at some point in our lives, there were these conflicts and we couldn't manage to fix them, and of course, you don't have to know about it, but ever since then, there was a big gap between us. I mean, right after I left school and they graduated, he was working on a big company they owned while I-on the other hand- had worked tirelessly and took any jobs available without a degree on hand. There was a big difference between us in many many things."

Unable to hold back my tongue any longer, I interrupted and irked like a curious cat, "But dad.. I thought you're a drop out? Yet now you're telling me you were a scholar, why didn't you countinue to finish your school then?"
"Something... came up. I had to leave school."
"I don't understand, if it was just some middle school problems and conflicts with you and Mr. Fugaku, why does it have to take this.. this serious?"

"Trust me, it is more than that."

A part of me had wanted to know more and ask him questions, but the tone of his voice suggested that this conversation is done.

"Well, take a break first, I'll go out for some fresh air." Dad mumbled halfway leaving the car holding its handles.
"About Sasuke..." I took another chance to ask, hoping he'd answer me now instead of telling another history.
"Like I said honey, I have nothing against him."

"So... are you okay.. with me, going out with him?"

Dad took almost a minute to breath like he hadn't been, like he was under pressure. It was something I knew that meant it wasn't a good sign. When his lips parted, there was a big hesitation in me that didn't wanna know his answer just yet.

"I have nothing against him.. yet.. to be honest sweetie, I am against your relationship with him." His brows knitted with an uncertain way, unsure if he brought it up perfectly.

Emotions slowly cracked loose on my head, but immediately went black right after, I just couldn't say something when I finally confirmed a nightmare. I didn't even know what I'll do if this happens, which it did, I haven't planned on it even though I somehow expected it. But, no matter, I wanted to feel positive and be positive.

It was their first meeting afterall. Not technically though. And besides,
Sasuke had nothing to do with what had happened between my dad and his dad.
So, I let out a handful of inaudible sigh and smiled nervously.

"Don't you think it's a little too early to say that dad?" I chuckled fakely.

"Maybe, maybe not."

● ● ● ●

A/N: Sorry for this late and short update. 〒▽〒 And again, thank you guys for the support on my SR! Love you guys!

Nic xx