C2 | Part 5

Excusing herself out when the CEO finally came was quite embarrassing and might be a bit rude in some way, yet she could endure those more than the staring contest she was having with the CEO himself. She couldn't believe it. Perhaps this company was the reason why Itachi became the successor of the Uchiha Corporation, her mind thought of a conclusion.

Sasori immediately came in aid to the pinkette. Cursing himself for not knowing this, he was putting the blame to himself. "I'm sorry Sakura, I didn't know." He breathed. Still no response. "I could take over this project if you want."

Sakura flinched with what she had heard. Well, it was a good idea after all. Sasori could take this project and she could just take the next one. But...
"No.. I'm okay. I just needed air. Don't worry. I'll try my best." Sakura had considered his proposal, but she didn't want to let go of this. This was the first target company this year, and she can't blow it off just because Sasuke's the CEO. She's changed, moved on and she is very professional. There's no way emotions could interfere. She won't let them. Straightening herself up, she entered the room once more, six pair of eyes on her.

"I'm sorry about that," She heaved as she entered the room once again, but this time, much more composed. She is not going to lose her cool because of this. "So, first, thank you for giving us this opportunity, Mr. Uchiha. It might've been a busy schedule for you." Sakura directed her emeralds directly at the obsidian ones.. the familiar ones. "I'm sure that you have an insight with our proposal?"

There was an awkward silence before he answered, at least he did. "Not quite, Ms. Haruno." He fixed himself to the vacant seat by her opposite, and unusually avoiding her gaze. Kira, the representative, had an obvious curious face on him, apparently, he did not introduce themselves to each other yet and they were overly familiar with one another. Sakura wanted to avoid misinterpretations, so she wants to clear those up before they even think about what.

"You're probably confused. Such a small world really. I used to work for Mr. Uchiha as his secretary. I know him quite a bit." She chuckled fakely.
"Barely." He immediately added, leaning his elbows on his armchair with his slick fingers touching his face. The arrogant boss. What! Barely?! You.... jerk!
"Forgive me for the assumption." This is no time for arguments.
"I don't have all day to reminisce, Ms. Haruno."
"Right. Apologies." The cherry blossom looked at Sasori for.. probably strength and encouragement. Right now, he was all she had. The redhead smiled faintly at her, sending her a silent message of wisdom. And.. Sasuke did not fail to notice that, but he kept it to himself. Perhaps the two were together, and they even had the audacity to have a date and intimate moment at the middle of this business meeting. He was busy for godsakes.

The Haruno started her presentation smoothly, like meeting him was nothing, like his presence was not even there. She wasn't the same as before, the blushing and tense woman before him. To be honest, he barely focused to what she was proposing, unfortunately, her figure was much more interesting and very distracting. How it changed. How her curves enhanced, her features more sharp but.. her voice. It's didn't change, it was still the sweet angelic voice he keeps hearing on his dreams. He inhaled. Damn. This isn't like him.

"I refuse." He said, breaking her sentence in the middle. She was a distraction and he had no time for that. He had had enough of distractions, and she was the biggest one. Sasori did not react of somewhat, but all of their eyes landed to the CEO.
"Well, we could negotiate some factors of the proposal that you don't like-"
"Your processes are too complicated, too broad for our firm. I could get a better offer. We don't want to waste your time, and I wouldn't want you to waste ours. I'm telling you straight to the point that I refuse." He stood up and headed out of the room. The other members of his company was as shock as Sakura. Kira had thought this was the best offer yet. How could he refuse it? Was there a flaw that he failed to see? But this reaction... he hadn't seen this yet. Sure he was always a cocky and arrogant boss, but not rude like this.