Part 81

"You're l-"

"I know, I know, I'm so sorry.." I cutted him off. I was expecting it as I saw his car parked in front of our house, so, better block the nag. Sasuke scanned me from head to toe, which made me a lot more uncomfortable with my get up.

"W-what?" I shrugged embarrassingly.
"Not bad."

"Why didn't you come in at the house?" I asked curiously, since I met him leaning on his car on my way home. Mom would usually let him in.
"Your mom's not around."
"Where is she?" I mumbled by myself, looking over the dark litted house.
"Probably with your dad. They need some alone time too y'know. Now let's go, babe." He said casually as he started his car.

'Where are you, mom?' 7:19 PM
I click send right away and hopped over the front seat and Sasuke began to drive.

It took a while before she responded saying,

'I'm at your dad's home. I left the address on the kitchen table. This place is amazing honey, we'll be moving in next week, I've arranged it with your dad.' 7:31 PM

'What time will you be home then?' 7:34 PM

'I'm staying here tonight, I've got a date too.' 7:35 PM

Well someone's officially 16 years old again. I locked my phone and looked over the place nearby. Looks like we're still minutes away from Sasuke's parents' home.

"Do I look okay?" I blushed, thinking of his immediate approval. Yet was disappointingly responded by a "Hng."

Okay, fine. Hng it is.

"Did you ask what company is your dad from?"
"Oh- that, no. I always forgot."
"Well you should ask."
"Why is it so important?"

"He might be working on one of our rival companies, and it may be trouble for us if he knew you work with the enemy."

"That won't happen, and if it did, I'm sure dad will let me choose for what will make me happy and not by the benefit of his company."

Yeah, that's right. I'm sure dad will never let me choose, too. Though I may be a little hesistant about it.

"I'm pulling over," Sasuke started to slow down his pace when we arrived at the front gates of his parents' home. I looked myself at the side mirror, feeling nervous when my mind involuntarily reminded me of the new added item on my invisible problem list, specifically to the self consciousness around the Uchiha family.

"Come on, tiger. It's not like you haven't met them before." Sasuke noted on the other side, which was a fair point. We walked through the pathway leading to front doors while I mumbled and thought of another reason out.

"Yeah, but, this time they'll be meeting me as your girlfriend, not your plain old secretary before, and I don't even know which one would be disappointing. Or perhaps it is both, and the other one is just- you know- less disappointing." At that point, Sasuke stopped on his tracks and faced me, I could've sworn he was getting irritated already and was merely just holding back a sigh of exasperstion.

"What are you worried about?" He asked gently, tucking in strands of hair behind my ears.
"What do you mean?" Pulling up my innocent voice. Yet one raise of his eyebrow and, well, after a long audible sigh escaping on my lips, "I'm just worried- they won't like me for you."

"Sakura, mom likes you so much that she wants me to 'lock you in' and make you pregnant." He snorted out.

"Wait, what-"
"She sounds desperate sometimes."

I didn't expect that that statement would actually make me feel ease at all. I flushed looking at Sasuke, feeling bad for doubting myself.

"Good evening, sweetie," Mrs. Mikoto kissed Sasuke on the cheek and added a little comment of "..and his lovely woman," as she kissed me on my cheek this time.