Part 26

It had been two and a half weeks since I've been working with Rikka as Sasuke assigned me to. She said she was really thankful for having me around, it was giving her less pressure for the deadlines that Sasuke was giving her. But I was thankful as well, I learned a lot from her and how I've had a chance to prove myself that I can do something too.

"Wow Sakura." She chuckled. "You can do reports better than I do now." I blushed.
"Of course not Rikka, I just, I wanted to help you with this."
"Well you did a good job! Thank you for this!" She smiled. "Well at least I won't have to worry now." Rikka added.

"Worry about what?" I stared at her, curious of how can this worry her.
"Well," Rikka went closely to me and said in a soft whisper, "This is supposedly confidential between me and Mr. Sasuke. But I really do trust you and I know well that you are close to him. So, he promoted me." Rikka smiled brightly as her eyes glowed happiness.

Wow. At least that guy had paid off the pressure he was giving to her.

"Wow. What position?"
"Accounts division manager at the Southwestern branch." She giggled.
"Wait, does that mean you'll be leaving this place?" Rikka nodded.

Is this why Sasuke let me work with Rikka? To be trained for her job? Am I going to replace her? Suddenly I felt the pressure. I did remember Sasuke once said that they hire professionals. Not someone like me.

"Are you okay, Sakura?"
I nodded and smiled to give Rikka reassurance.

"Well, I've got to go now. See you tomorrow!" Rikka left off.
I was about to, too. But then I wanted to confront Sasuke with this. I'm not prepared.

I opened the door on his office and closed it behind me.
"Sasuke." I said as gently as I could.

His eyes darted from his paperworks to me. I felt my heart throbbed as his eyes studied my face. I've been so sensitive with his actions - no, scratch that - even without actions, even with just the way he looks at me ever since something so initimate happened between us.
"Waiting for me, tiger?" He grinned.
"No, of course not - well - sort of - yeah. I wanted to talk with with you." I blushed.
"What is this about?" He stood up and walked in front of his desk and rested his behind on it a little while crossing his arms.
"It's about Rikka."
"Pardon?" He gestured his hand on the back of his ear.

I wanted to say it loud rather than get close to him, but the information was said to be confidential so I really had no choice.

I stood in front of him, almost daring myself to stare back at his mysterious and intimidating eyes.
"Rikka, it's about Rikka. But.."
"But?" Sasuke imitated.
"Promise me you won't get mad at her."
Sasuke chuckled. "We don't make promises, tiger. We make agreements."
"Fine. I want you to make an agreement with me that you will not get mad in any ways as possible to Rikka."
"So what can I benefit from this agreement?" Sasuke smirked, daring me.
"Well, erm, let's see, you can make me do ONE any-related-to-work-thing?"
"Isn't that your job description in the first place?" Sasuke said, obviously trying hard not to laugh. "We can rephrase that." He teased.
"Ugh, fine! ONE any-not-weird-thing!"

Sasuke stared for a moment and smirked.

"Deal, babe. So what's up?"
"Well, Rikka said something to me that was supposedly only between you and her."

Sasuke remained calm and composed, showing no sign of anger nor disappointment. Well, this might be better than I thought.

"So I knew that you had promoted her. Well, it gave me the idea that, it was not coincidental that you let Rikka train me before she goes. So, are you, like, wanting me to replace her?"

Sasuke gave me an expressionless face. It was hard to read what he was feeling about this.

"Don't you want it?" He asked, but it was far more serious than the usual way he talks. He stood up this time, making me admire the difference of our heights as he went closely to me.

"I - well - I do. Really. But, didn't you tell me that this company only hire professionals? I'm not sure if I'm in line up with that." I said nervously while I tried to walk backwards to regain the spaces inbetween us that he was invading.
"Rikka said you've been doing and helping her with the reports. You seem to be good at writing." He slowly walked towards me as I try to walk away while still facing him... until I was cornered in his bookshelves.

"I am very fond of writing, but that doesn't make me a professional, which is something you require." I pretended not to be intimidated as ge gazed his onyx eyes unto mine.
"Well maybe I have misjudged that." He grinned.
"I'm not good at this."

"Ms. Sakura, are you questioning my decisions?"
"No - I - I just don't want to disappoint you with the way I work. I am not a professional, all I can do is assist anyone."
"If you don't believe in yourself, at least one of us will." Sasuke said as he smiled. It was probably the warmest smile he had shown me, and I.. I never felt so drawn to the way he looks.

"Can I get the benefit from this agreement that I was told?"
"Wh-" His lips was on mine again, his hands held my face and tilted it up to give him a better angle for the kiss.

He was.. he was a lot more gentle this time. I couldn't resist but to feel - to feel okay with it. His lips were soft and warm and gentle. It was such a taste of heaven.

His hands left my face and placed it on my hips. He caressed it and it was giving me such.. such sweet pleasure inside.

The door slammed open and my eyes widened to find a man standing by the door. I pushed Sasuke breaking away our kiss.

Sasuke turned to look at the man.

"Geez, sorry for interrupting!" He chuckled.
"Hozuki you're an ass." Sasuke grunted.

I can die out of embarrassment just right about now.