Part 67

Today, Sasuke asked me to be his girlfriend.

I must be going crazy.
Am I hallucinating or something?

"Hey, say something." He said, bringing me back to what I know called reality or so.

"W-why wouldn't you know why you wanted me, Sasuke? Is that a decision out on a whim?" I said suddenly, which obviously made him uncomfortable.

He sighed and shrugged as he said, "I don't know either Sakura, this.. this is new to me, I don't know anything about it. Can't you just help me out and say yes?"

"Y-you told me to think about it."
"Scratch that then. I'm growing impatient by the minute."
"That's not how it works."
"If I do agree for giving you more time, I expect the answer to be yes."

"Look, I'm gonna think about it and your stubborness is making me consider no."

"How daring of you," he smirked as he pulled my waist and leaned closer to my face, only to kiss my forehead sudddenly and made my heart melt little by little. "Fine, think about it then."

After he took me home, I was almost blank the whole evening that made Sai and mom worried, which I didn't want to happen at all. I reassured them by saying "I'm okay," a few times they got silent during dinner and left early for bed.

Obviously they weren't convinced.

Nor was I, honestly.

Am I really okay, though?
Or am I more than okay?

"Sakura," Sai's voice halted and crossed the room to sit on the edge of my bed. "Did something happen again?"

I shook my head in response, thinking if I should tell him or not.

Well, he is my bestfriend.

So I should.

"Actually.." I started,
"Did he do something again to hurt you? Don't you deny that you didn't cry, I saw your face." He raged suddenly.

"I - well - I did cry, but, uhm.. Sasuke asked me to be.. his." I said embarrassingly and covered my face with a pillow.

"His?"
"G-girlfriend.."
"Don't tell me you said yes?"
"Why shouldn't I?"
"So you're considering it?"
"Ah Sai you're confusing me!"

But really.. why shouldn't I? He said this was new to him. Perhaps.. perhaps it meant he'll be mine and I'll be his. Maybe this is the first time he'll ever be in a relationship.

"Do you like him?" Sai asked softly.

Do I like him? Yes? No? I don't know. But one thing I know is that it pains me to see him with someone else and being treated non-existent to him.

"I - I don't know.. I think.. I do.."

Sai stared at me for a moment with a blank expression on his face. Yet a few minutes he sighed and reached to pat my head.

"I don't trust him.. yet. But if you do like him, then, both of you should make it work. But I'm not going easy on him if he hurts you. I'm not a 3-year judo champion for no reason." He smirked.

"I get it." I smiled and arched an eyebrow with his 'humility'. "Congratulations on your project by the way." I added, remembering the compliments the director had been throwing at him every shot.

"Thanks, it's been a rough day."
"How was it rough? I didn't see you having trouble at all."

"Well yeah because Sasuke left with you. And that Yamanaka had been asking me to take more of her solo shots by then, I should've taken a break by that time, I hardly had enough sleep too. Plus, she was being extra difficult with her demands."
"That's because she's rich."
"Then I'll make sure I'll avoid rich annoying women like her as much as I can." I giggled on how Sai complains, he barely does at all, so it was amusing. Maybe perhaps he was that tired.

Sai left the room, and I was left hanging again. What should I do? Does that mean Sai has no problem if I did want to be Sasuke's girlfriend?

A buzz on my phone had suddenly startled me making my thoughts a lot more active, expecting it was Sasuke, checking for an update if I have an answer yet.

Unknown number calling....

"Hello?"
"Sakura?"
"Tenten?"
"How are you? I wanted to know about what happened on the pictorial, like, omg did they take pictures of you two too? Aaaahhh is it possible for a sleepover there at your house? The three of us!"
"Oh sleepover? I don't mind at all! When?"

Excitement had flooded on my mind, I was finally gonna see them again, I'll be able to... open up.

With these past few days, we never had the chance to see each other, I would've visited them but they'll be distracted and end up not meeting the deadlines so I only had to reach them by text message time by time.

"Probably this coming Friday night. I asked Hinata too, we're both too busy by this week so we couldn't visit you there personally. We missed you!"
"Friday night's okay. I'll be expecting you then. I missed you guys!"
"Good. It's set. I'll hang up now, see you!"

After Tenten hang up, at least I felt light, like, finally I'm going to release the stress I'm feeling right now and even get advices from them about the situation.

The evening had started to go deeper and I had to have enough sleep for tomorrow.

Though I believe it took almost an hour of tossing and turning and thinking about this and that before I was fallen deeply into sleep with a picture of Sasuke and me holding hands through the night.

If this is a dream, please wake me up already. I might fall for it.

The moment I opened up my eyes the following day, I expected I dreamt of everything, that my mind had made everything up.

It was all a dream.

Sasuke would've never asked me to be his.

"Sakura," Mom mumbled on the closed door, suddenly losing the drifting thoughts on my head. I opened up, revealing mom who wore her pink dress and yellow apron before my door.

"Thank goodness you're awake, now get settled and Sasuke's downstairs. Eat breakfast with us. We'll wait for you honey," Mom blushed and headed back down.

Is this a dream again?
Should I slap myself?

Nevermind. I should get ready. A quick shower and a little time for dress-decision making was all I needed, I headed quietly downstairs right after, uhm not that I was that excited. I peeked over the place and saw a part of Sasuke by the kitchen.

"..her decision, Sasuke." My mom said in a whispery way as I overheard them talking.

"Sa-sakura, honey, come on let's eat. Sasuke paid a visit."
"I noticed. Why are you here?" I asked rather bluntly as I directed to Sasuke who sat in the opposite of my chair.
"Mrs. Haruno did tell me I'm welcome here."

"Mhm. I believe I did." Mom nodded as she giggled.

If this was a dream, I wouldn't want to wake up.