Part 72

"She told you that?" Sasuke sniggered while I peel out the apple skin with a little knife and did my best not to look ashamed as I sat on the chair near his bed.

"Maybe your brother is going to get married soon.." I said as an excuse and rolled my eyes on him. I offered the bowl full of peeled and sliced apple to the chuckling devil.

"Or we could try making one."

"Try?" I said in confusion.

"We could do the whole baby making process but not really make one." Sasuke crunched the apple seductively. I know, because it was obvious.

"And what do we get out of it?"
"Pleasure... and probably some practice."
"Nope, and we're not married."
"But you're all mine, are you not?"
"Not my marriage vow." I fluttered my eyes beautifully.

The door creaked open and we were facing a woman who was obviously a nurse holding a clipboard on her arms. She had black hair and hazel brown eyes who stared astonishingly at Sasuke with her cheeks burning red.

"Hello, Mr. Uchiha, I came to check up on you." She said quite confidently even though she looked nervous.

"I'm fine." Sasuke said bluntly, almost irritated probaby for interrupting our conversation.

"How about your feet?"

"Fine, doesn't ache badly."

"That's good to hear. Doctor Hamada said you can leave the hospital by tonight or tomorrow morning if you prefer." The nurse smiled brightly at Sasuke, as if she was imagining I wasn't there at all. It was somehow boiling me up.

"I'll be going now but I do hope you remembered me?"
"Excuse me?" Sasuke said confusingly while I almost choked out of nothing.
"We met in a Restobar," she winked before she left the hospital room.

I glared at Sasuke who seemed to be looking at me with playful eyes and an almost smile twitching on his lips pressed in a straight line, restraining it from appearing.

"You slept with her, didn't you?" I said, maintaining my calm, or maintaining it in.

"I don't recall her at all, tiger. But I did slept with you too, a few times, I believe."

"You know that's not what I meant." I said pressingly.

"I told you, I don't remember, and if you're that jealous, let's start off counting the times we'll be sleeping together from now on." He teased with his expressionless face as if he didn't care anyway and patted the hospital matress beside him.

I was left with him alone until the evening when we prepared to leave the hospital, and was suffering from his egoistic responses and statements, but, well, liking him more by the minute. I'm glad he's opening up to me though, it must probably be a special feature of being a girlfriend.

"Are you going home?" Sasuke asked after we arrived at his house while his driver assisted us upstairs.

"Of course."

"Are you not going to take care of me?"

"Well, we shouldn't have left the hospital so quickly then if you want to be taken care of much more."

"Whatever. Go home." He grunted and shooed his hands off me.
"M'kay." I smiled cutely and left.

Although I really did want to spend time with him, I ought to come home for mom too.

Besides, there was something I remembered that I needed to ask of her. Mr. Jiraiya had guessed completely her name with no hesitations.

I have a feeling they knew each other.

But why does it matter?
Am I just a curious cat?

"Mom, I'm home. How are you?" I said suddenly when I met mom by the front door, obviously waiting for my arrival with her worried thoughts.
"I'm fine, dear, I was worried about you."
"Relax mom, I was with Sasuke the whole day." I hugged her tightly.
"Is Sasuke okay now, too?"
"Yep, nothing really serious. He went home."
"Thank goodness."

Mom and I went inside the house and I was ready to ask her about Mr. Jiraiya and their relationship.

It was nothing to be suspicious of, but why do I feel so nervous of asking it?

"Mom.." I mumbled.

"Yes, honey?"

"Well, I have a question.." Scratching the back of my head to ease some of my nervousness, "Do you know Mr. Jiraiya?"

For a moment I felt relieved of seeing mom's confused reaction as if she had no clue, but it faded right away and was replaced by tense.

"J-jiraiya? Oh. Yes. I do know him. He used to be your father's friend. How did you know him?" She said, failing to hide the tremble in her voice.

"He's working at the same company as mine, he's Sasuke's uncle I believe. And, it confused me too, because he asked me if you were my mother without any clue. He definitely knew y-."

"I see." Mom said in unison. As if not wanting to hear anymore.

And maybe I should set my burning curiosities aside and let mom calm. It had been almost a month when she stopped crying and sobbing, I didn't want that to be back at all.

"I should be going upstairs then, loveyou mom." I paced suddenly to my room, avoiding more curious questions from escaping my mouth.

After a long hot shower and a 100% cotton pink bear printed pajamas lingering on my freshly washed skin, I fumbled on my bed and stared at my phone.

Somehow I miss Sasuke already.

Am I reasonable to miss him even though we've been together earlier?

I typed in the message conversation box of me and Sasuke's, blushing for each and every letter.

'Are you sleeping?' 10:57 pm

I click send.

'How do you expect a sleeping person to reply a yes on your question?' 10:59 pm

'I was just asking.' 11:03 pm

'What a lame excuse to talk to me.' 11:04 pm

'I didn't want to talk to you. I wanted to know if you were sleeping!' 11:06 pm

'Just say you miss me and cut to the chase, babe.' 11:11 pm

'I don't.' 11:12 pm

'I'll make you miss me then.' 11:15 pm

'What do you mean?' 11:20 pm

I giggled over the phone stupidly and wondered what he had in mind.

Well, until I got impatient and it was 5 to midnight without any word from him.

I was sleepy already, but I wanted to wait for his reply.

Which were none until the last tick directed to midnight.

I feel the struggle of having an arrogant boyfriend is now taking in place.