Part 62

A/N: Sorry it's been a while since I've updated Sweet Revenge. (I'm caught up with the other one lol) But here it is! And it seems like I've been encountering an error since I can't see part 61 on my end ╯ □╰)

Nevertheless, here's the update! ♡♡
Try out my Trapped in the arms of a Killer | SasuSaku if you find the time lol!

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

"Wake up sleepyhead," I heard a voice ruin my good peaceful sleep when I was dreaming of being on a chocolate wonderland.
"Sakura," it said again, yet I ignored it as I was about to pick up a flower made out of chocolate, I don't want to wake up now. I'm too lazy and I'm craving for chocolate.

I was about to eat when a sudden feeling of fingers were flailing beside my body frame that had caused my eyes wide open and made me fully awake as I let out an involuntary laugh and electric shocks over my body.

"S-s-stop!" I commanded as numerous giggles and laughs escaped my mouth, yet the hands flailed more, causing my body scramble over the bed as I did my best to catch the suspect.

"St-stop," I almost begged, and finally, his hands left. I turned to glare at Sai who had amusement all over his eyes as I slapped him in his arms.

"You have got to stop waking me up like that!" I said impatiently soon as I stood up the bed and fixed the sheets of my scrambled bed.
"Then you've got to wake up more instantly." Sai said reasonably sarcastic as he raised his eyebrow and ignored the glaring looks I gave him and all.

"By the way, do you mind if I come over your office, or your building most likely?" Sai said as he leaned on my open bedroom door.
"What for?" I asked, why would he be interested and all?
"Job." He smiled.

"Well, I can always ask Sasuke about that, save yourself for today."
"Gee, you're the best, that what I love about you."
"Ha ha ha. You love everything about me. I'm perfect." I chuckled sarcastically, he would always say that whenever I do him a favor, so mehhh.

Soon as we all took breakfast together, I waved Sai and mom goodbye as I went to the bus top.

I came in the office half an hour earlier, Sasuke wasn't there yet, as usual, so I started pulling up the computer programs I'll be using for today anyway. Thinking it's still early to start work, and considering I still haven't moved on with the business trip on the weekend, thinking of the moments we shared with our friends, the kisses, I thought.

Oh wait. This is no time to think about that. I shook my head, hoping the thoughts will be gone if I did, but I just couldn't help but blush.

Although it may have felt heavenly, the sudden silent treatment of Sasuke last night was troubling me. What did I do wrong now? Ugh.

The sudden creak of the door had startled me, Sasuke went in, fresh and hot as always with his business suit.

And as expected, he ignored me.

I'm not giving up easily, you hard headed man.

"Goodmorning, Sasuke. Would you want a coffee?" I asked nicely as he took a seat on his chair.
Sasuke acted as if he had heard nothing and as if I was invisible when he flipped the folder on and started studying it.

"Just call me when you need me then." I said soothingly as I turned around and headed to my desk. Sighing, I started working anyway.

For hours of complete silent treatment, lunch came and I was deeply thankful that Tenten came over to chitchat. My throat had gone dry and I almost felt my tongue runaway for not being used enough.

Tenten and I were both on the cafeteria eating our lunches and talked about him. I had to confide this to Tenten because she was so pushy, but other than that, she also had helped for Sasuke and I to be able to talk about the problem on the bus resulting for us to be okay. (though it didn't last long enough)

I half expected she could help me with this one again.

"He's jealous." She whispered as she giggled while she munched her octopi-designed hotdog.
"Jealous of who? Sai? I told him he was my bestfriend. And - and not like Sasuke likes me, I mean, he's a womanizer alright, I completely know I'm just one of the hundreds of women he used to play around with, I even heard that when he got drunk, which is enough proof for my theory, why would h-he be jealous?" I rolled my eyes at Tenten's statement and with the thought of Sasuke being jealous.

"You're completely in denial." Tenten grunted. "I know you're just denying the fact that Sasuke might be jealous. Well, I don't blame you. But tell me, why are you so bothered with him ignoring you?"

With simply one question, something inside my head had snapped. Tenten was right. Why was I bothered with this anyway?

It was nothing of my concern.

"I- I think I just got used to him talking to him and all,"
"Really." Tenten asked with a tone of sarcasm as she stared and raised one eyebrow over me. "Or you like him." Tenten suggested.

I looked at her confusingly, giving a thought to what she said. But if that was the case..

"I'm not supposed to," I shrugged.

Tenten looked at me sadly and pulled up a smile, perhaps she thought I was right. "We don't know that." She said, looking at a bright side.

I went back to the office soon as Tenten told me she needs to head back first for she was chasing a deadline. I had 20 more minutes until I get back to work.

Giving a thought of Sai, I remembered promising him last night that I would ask Sasuke for an available job.

I should just ask formally.

Besides, it was business related anyway, he might have at least talk to me about it.

I creaked the door open revealing Sasuke's tired look on his face as his free hand massaging the side of his head and elbows propped up on the armchair as he read the documents of the folder on his other hand.

It was probably not the right time to ask, yet having second thoughts, there is probably no more right time at all for him to talk to me. I'll just give it a shot and expect for the best.

"Sasuke, uhm hi, I just want to ask if there's an available post for any job as of the moment."

"Planning on applying for a different post?" Sasuke said coldly without his eyes leaving the papers he held.
"Uhm no, it's actually for uhm- Sai, my friend." I said nervously.
"I could request a list of job availabilities from the human resources so your friend could choose."

"Oh, thanks." I said enthusiastically somehow, not wanting to end our only conversation for today.
"You're welcome." He said, ending it, anyway.

With the sudden urge of still wanting to talk to him, "Why are you ignoring me?" I blurted out suddenly.

Sasuke looked at me, probably surprised, but it didn't show in his emotionless face.

"Is there any reason for me to talk to you?"

A small pang of electrick shock had travelled my body for the unexpected response he gave. He was right. He was definitely right.

"N-none at all, Mr. Uchiha." I muttered as I fake a smile and left.