Part 54

After Sasuke and I went out of the water, he made sure I had something to cover myself up. Even having the courtesy to offer his polo shirt and closing the buttons by himself.

He was pretty serious about the not-sharing part.

Well.. not like I like that or anything! Pft!

"Are you okay, Sakura?" Aki who had suddenly appeared in front of us sounded a bit worried.
"Aki, I'm fine." I reassured his concern-filled eyes as I gave him a smile.

"You shouldn't have done that." Aki hissed.
"She'll be fine with me." Sasuke said bluntly.

"I'm leaving." I said awkwardly.
What is the matter with these two?

I walked out and headed to Hinata who was fanning the barbeques with Naruto in a nearby cottage. Some of our colleagues were there.

Including Karin.

"Sakura, there you are. Sorry I couldn't help you earlier - considering how scared you look in the water - but I saw Sasuke dragging you so you're in good hands I s'pose." Hinata giggled. She was wearing an orange shirt that looked really familiar. I could guess it was Naruto's. Guess he didn't like sharing too.

"Hi Sasuke and Aki!" Karin shouted, "Getting along well?" She grinned.
"Hi Sakura, would you care for a lunch date - I mean - lunch with me?" The blonde guy Deidara shouted.
"Oh shut up Deidei." Karin snorted.

I snickered with whatever joke Deidara was pulling off.

"Hinata, have you checked out Aki? He looks so hot." The two brown bun Tenten dreamily said.
"Yes, indeed." Hinata giggled.
"Oh please, Tenten. You think every guy in this beach is hot." Neji barged in.
"Well, you're in the beach too but I don't think you're hot, mister grumpy." Tenten showed her tongue.

"You think he's hot?" Naruto curiously asked. Hinata turned to him and blushed intensely as if regreting the moment she agreed.
"I - well - I think he's okay."

"Sakura," the burning red hair Aki called, "you sure you're okay?" I nodded as response, he really did look worried, and as if I'm required to tell him all of the things I felt earlier just to ease him.
"W-would you care for a walk?" I asked, one half melting smile from him and I knew.

The sun was high yet the clouds surrounded and embraced it with only little rays of sunshine touching the shore.

Aki and I walked through the sand, and I was hoping it would help ease his worriness and grumpiness.

"Listen, Aki, don't worry, I'm really really okay, I got scared with the water but - but Sasuke helped me,"
"Well, he was the one who dragged you there in the first place."
"I- well - you're right -"

"I just really don't trust that guy."
"He doesn't look like it anyway. I mean, he's arrogant, bossy, egoistic, he's a monster and evil and-" I blushed with realization that I was probably saying too much about him, "What I'm saying is, he just may not look like the first guy you'd trust your hear- I mean, you'd trust, period."

I mentally facepalmed myself. Aki gave me an emotionless look and didn't respond. I figured I might have to start the conversation to blow the awkwardness away.

"I've always wanted to try this," I smiled and bent down and took my slippers as my bare feet lay on the wet yet warm sand.
"Walk on sand?"
"Mhm. I've been on the beach once but I could hardly remember. I grew up in the fields so we barely go to the beach. I usually walk barefeet on the grass. So, this is new to me."

Aki finally smiled and from that point I knew he's okay and the conversation earlier was scratched out.

I smiled back and walked through the sand happily. It was definitely different from the feeling on walking through the grass.

What happened next was something I didn't expect.

I sat on the sand as a sharp thing met my right foot. It was aching.
"What happened?" Aki asked worriedly.
"I think I stepped on something." I squirmed. Aki fell on his knees beside my feet and went to look.
"You stepped on a cracked shell. Come, let's get this cured."

Cracked shell? I didn't know about that. If I did, I wouldn't have risked my feet.

I placed both of my hands on the sand so I could force myself up as I struggle to stand, when Aki suddenly wrapped his arms around the back of my knees and his other arm supporting my back.

Suddenly he was already carrying me.

"A-aki I can stand and walk, it's just a little wound on my foot,"
"Not taking any chances."
"No, seriously-"
"Sakura, I prefer carrying you, so be a good girl and let me."

I knew the conversation mission-put-me-down was already killed. I pouted with the thought.

Soon as we reached the cottage,

"Kyaaaaahhhh why are you carrying Sakuraaaaaa omg love is in the beach air." Tenten squealed and giggled. I blushed embarrassingly, I knew they would misundertood.
"She stepped on a cracked shell, do you have a first aid kit?" Aki panted.
"Oh my. Are you okay Sakura? I have the first aid kit here,"

Soon as Aki gently placed the medicine on my foot, I took a quick look on my surroundings. Apparently, Sasuke isn't here.

Karin isn't here as well.

I tried setting the thoughts besides and focused on what is happening now. After Aki had carefully wrapped my wounded foot, I smiled and said, "Aki, thank you so much, I'm sorry for troubling you. I won't step on sand again."

"Oh really? But you enjoyed it before you stepped on the cracked shell." Aki grinned.
"I know, but it hurts."
"Well, you don't need to avoid the sand. You just need to avoid those kind of shells."

It was as if Aki was giving another meaning to his words. Or was it just me?

I spent the past time on the cottage with our colleagues who had endless stories to tell. Especially Tenten. She was really enthusiastic.

Even though being with them was fun, I had been bothered by the fact that Sasuke wasn't with us. Karin, too.

Should I ask their whereabouts?
Are they together?

I figured I should look at our room, in case Sasuke was there.

"Where are you going?" Aki asked.
"Uhm in my room, just grabbing a few things."
"I'll com-"
"No need Aki, really." I smiled as I took my steps slowly towards our room.

The sun was soon setting, the bright lights of the blue sky was turning into deep orange. The people on the water was few and the music of the mini bar grew louder. I took a few more steps to reach the villa, and as I took sight on it.

There they are.

Sasuke held the doorknob, yet I remembered I had the keys.

Karin was behind him.

Perhaps they want to be in the room.

I didn't hesitate to walk towards them. Karin saw me first and greeted,
"Oh, Sakura, uhm hi."

Sasuke turned his face as he heard the sound of my name. I gave them a small smile and offered the key. No words can explain how I felt. I didn't know what I was feeling or am I suppose to feel this way.

I turned around and left them,

with a tear struggling its way down on my face.

● ● ● ●

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I wasn't feeling well - emotionally and physically and mentally. Sorry it came in late, but here it is! Enjoy └(^o^)┘

How do you like it so far? Lol ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Nic xx