♚ EPILOGUE ♚

-✘-

He planted soft wet kisses on her neck as he wrapped her into a hug from the back while she was chopping off some carrots for dinner. She squirms a little at each kiss, getting a little ticklish, "Stop it" she says with a stupid wide grin, but he had kept himself wrapped around her, unable to stop himself.

He kept his arms wrapped around her stomach even though she kept moving as she prepares their food tonight. "My parents are coming in an hour, I have to finish this," she says, feeling another kiss from him in her shoulder. "Fine," he says, Sakura drops her knife and faces him, pulling him for a kiss on the lips. "I'll make it up to you tonight." She whispers with a wink, and Sasuke was quick to let her go and comply.

He returns to his laptop, checking his work emails.
"How's the project anyway?"
"Good. Sasori was able to close a deal." He says in approval.
"Glad you're in good terms." She peeks.
"We're a good team, but he doesn't like me that much. Could be worse if you actually dated him."

"I wasn't interested in dating." Sakura reasons out.
"Why is that?" He said with a smug face, earning a glare from Sakura, but her face was red.

Sasori and Sakura were good friends, and still are, even after knowing what had happened that night half a year ago.

He was first to figure it out, after Sakura had been absent at her parents place a few days after the night he had talked to Sasuke.

Sakura revealed to the raven that she had known for the past few months about the secret, and how she came to know it, that there was no use in keeping his mask any longer. She had spent a couple of nights with Sasuke, mostly just keeping him calm until he falls asleep in his home. He was a silent crier, but he definitely cried rivers, a sight Sakura never thought she'd see, almost the same as she had gone through for the first few weeks that he had left. She had spent the night with him, patting his back, and hugging him back. He would embrace her every chance he gets, saying it was the first time he had cried to someone.

For the past five years, he had struggled alone and kept this secret, restraining himself everyday to find where she was and tell her everything, and thus always find the distraction at work helpful.

Sakura had felt bad for him, knowing how he had kept this for years alone. She, on the other hand, had friends that kept her sane, and accompanied her at her worst days. If she had done the same thing, alone, she wouldn't have last half a year.

Sasuke told her it felt like the whole wall he built around him started to crumble the moment she walked at Youbi. He tried his best not to engage with her because he knew things would take into drastic turns, that there was simply no way of maintaining professionalism with her around. And he was right about it.

She just ended up resenting him more and somehow still ending up in bed with him.

Still, she was thankful they had gone through the contract. She was glad they met again, a second chance to continue where they left off.

The first week that they had been together, it was more surprising that majority of the people around them weren't surprised at all, like they had seen it coming. Even her co-workers in Youbi where no one knew of their history.

Perhaps the sexual tension, Tenten suggests when Sakura had told her and Hinata about it.

Sasori, who was the first to know, also said he had expected they'll eventually work out, then shamelessly returned the earring she lost at Sasuke's house. He wasn't really happy with the news, but he was glad to finally know her decision, saying he could finally stop himself from hoping. He didn't harbor any resentment towards her, because somehow he knew it all along, and besides, he said it had always been that way anyway. Sakura never once gave him a glimmer of hope despite his obvious advances, so the feeling was already existent, and he was long prepared for it. He wasn't with Sakura all these years just to have his feelings returned. He wasn't like that. He remained to be her best friend regardless of her status with Sasuke.

Sasuke's parents were also relieved about their relationship, saying Sasuke had changed drastically ever since they had separated, and was glad they could finally see Sasuke back to his senses again. Itachi was the happiest among all of them, who couldn't stop thanking Sakura, telling her he knew instantly that something good was bound to happen when he saw her in his brother's car. He thanked Sakura because he knew his brother would leave again. He also told her about how she was the only person he never shuts up about whenever his brother is drunk, so he knew all along that he never stopped loving her.

Her parents on the other hand, had been okay with them too. Even if they weren't, Sakura won't do anything about it, and would still be with Sasuke. But they were okay with the two of them, especially after knowing how false the rumors are. They were incredibly apologetic to the two of them and had decided to support them. Sakura was still in the process of forgiving them, with Sasuke helping her along the way. After all, Sasuke said he had long forgiven her parents, and he would like to at least fulfill his wish that Sakura maintain a good relationship with them. It was the core reason why he had decided not to pursue her for the past years, after all. He knew how important they are in her life.

Sasuke had been the happiest, of course. When they just got back together, it only took a month before he had asked Sakura to live with him, saying they could "get to know" each other again under the same roof, and that she was free to go anytime she wanted if the pace of their relationship was too fast for her. Sakura didn't mind, and in all honesty, she wanted to be close to Sasuke as much as she can. She thought it was just the heat of the moment, but they couldn't keep their hands off each other even after weeks of being together. They just badly wanted to be with each other after being far apart for so long.

Shamelessly, for the first few weeks of living together, they wore each other out every night, they couldn't help but be rough with each other as if one of them would be leaving again the next day. Sasuke said it was only necessary after he had kept himself caged for so long like it was torture. Sakura blushes at that thought, but recalled their first sex that he had a condom ready, raising her suspicion.

Sasuke embarassingly revealed he had bought it ever since Sakura's first visit to his house unannounced, saying he doesn't know what possibly could happen, but it was best to be prepared anyway. It sounded silly to Sakura because he was always the first one to keep her away.

Sakura liked it anyway. In fact, she had been enjoying her time with him the most. She felt robbed for not being able to do things with him for years, so she managed to make it up for the years they have lost. No one else but Sasuke knows about her strong sexual drive.. and perhaps that one cashier in the convenience store when they decided to stock up on condoms and bought a lot of boxes because they didn't want to keep coming back for it. That poor cashier girl swallowed at the sight and looked at them both for a brief moment before turning red in the face and scanning the items with such haste.

The first few months together was definitely bliss, but it was just the beginning of it.

They had decided to live at the farm, where Sakura found it peaceful and fitting to start the next chapter of their lives together.

A knock on the door was heard, cutting off her sweet nostalgia. Sasuke and Sakura prepared themselves, and opened the door together.

Sakura's parents was on the other side with their wide grins, holding a big gift.

"Congratulations on your engagement!" they said.