Part 10

I arrived in the office by 7:00am in the morning wearing a dress Sasuke had bought me, the skirt was a bit short, but all of the dress was, so I don't have any much choice. Rika wasn't there yet, but some of the employees were. Most of them were the one who looked rather annoyed when Sasuke was introducing me.

At first I thought they were just irritated by the fact that they had to stop what they were doing at the moment just to listen to what my name is. But now, they were still looking at me with dislike. I just knew I couldn't bare it much longer.

I took the keys that Sasuke gave me and went inside his office. The room was still the same as what we left yesterday. I sat on the couch and waited. It was 7:06 when I checked the clock. And I'm starting to get sleepy.

It's still early anyway, I'd probably be awake before Sasuke arrives. Just a nap would do, right? I removed my doll shoes and lied on the couch, and I started to doze off.

I woke up with a start and saw Sasuke in his suit and tie and his hands both on his pockets and was standing in front of the couch. I checked the clock and it was 8:03.

"I-I'm sorry I dozed off, I got here an hour ago." I sat properly on the couch, desperately fixing my hair and wiping my face in case of saliva waterfall on my mouth.

"Glad you're awake. You could've been in trouble." Trouble? Like he's going to suspend me? His eyes darted from my eyes then to my skirt. It gotten shorter due to my position while sleeping, I stretched it back to its normal length. He grinned. Something tells me we were thinking a different kind of trouble. This pervert!

He went to his table and went back to his paperworks. I had nothing to do and decided to make us both coffee. I spotted a sticky note nearby and decided to write something and stick it to the his coffee cup.

'How do you prefer your coffee next time? Creamier than this or bitter than this? '

I gave his coffee and went back to the couch and started drinking mine. It took a few minutes before he noticed the note. He smiled and turned to look at me, I avoided his eyes and distracted myself from anything else.

"Sakura, I have a meeting. Look out on the office in the mean time." He was in a hurry. It was probably important.

I took his emptied cup to wash it. I removed the sticky note and noticed he had written on it too.

'How do you prefer your coffee next time? Creamier than this or bitter than this? '
'Just like this, babe. '

I blushed and smiled by myself. Get yourself together Sakura, what are you thinking?

There was a knock on the door suddenly. I opened and saw another woman. Is she another ex?

"Who are you?" She said.
"I'm Sakura, Sasuke's-"
"Oh, right. His personal assistant and girlfriend, is it?" She smiled. I couldn't make myself nod since I'm not really his girlfriend.
"I'm Karin. Can I come in?"
"Oh, of course." I opened the door wider for her.

She sat on the couch and started looking around.

"Would you like coffee or water?" I asked.
"I would like you to sit beside me." I don't know who is she and what she's up to, but it's for the best if I followed her. So I sat.
"What's your name again?"
"Haruno Sakura, miss Karin." She looked a bit shock and interested when I mentioned my name as if she had heard it before. Or I don't know, maybe she's just playing around.

It was half an hour of an interview-like questions with Karin when Sasuke came back. It came out as a shock to him, she's probably the true girlfriend and his true love, or perhaps a special ex?

"What are you doing here?" Sasuke said coldly.
"Just checking you out dear." Karin said, teasing him probably.
"Well you can go now and tell my father your new update on me." He said.
"As a matter of fact, I will. Anyway I only came for her. I think I've got all that I wanted." Karin stood up and went to the door.

"What did she ask?" Sasuke asked after Karin left.
"Err, it's all about my personal life. I was kind of glad you came back at that time." I said.
"Why?" Sasuke asked, but his voice was more comforting and welcoming and concerned.
"It was getting a lot more personal. As if she's digging my past way too deep." I said. I didn't like it. I didn't want to bring back the past when and how my dad died. It was heart aching.

It took a moment before Sasuke said anything. "Let's go out. We need to refresh for a moment to forget all about this at least for a day." I blushed.
"Now?"
"Now."

Like a date?