C2 | Part 14

Sakura was flustered now. She didn't really remember coming up with an excuse if her assumptions were incorrect. She told Itachi she was just here for some documents to discuss, but she didn't even had one paper with her. That excuse won't work directly to Sasuke. She waited on his living room couch, and she heard the first few drops of rain on a Monday gloomy noon. She was involuntarily tapping her left foot nervously, thinking of what to say while Sasuke offered to get her a soda in the kitchen.

Shortly, Sasuke came back with a soda and a plate of butter cookies. He placed it on top of the small table in front of the couch where Sakura can reach it.
"Uhm, how about you?" She asked, trying to break the ice.
"I just had my coffee. Thanks." He said. Sitting a bit distant from her but close enough to hear her out. It was indeed an L shaped couch. They had memories in here too. Some quite inappropriate like the incoming thoughts he was having right now because of the sweaty pinkette not too far away from him; and why the heck is she wearing something formal and almost inappropriate at the same time? The neckline shows a bit of it and her dress was tight enough to get her curves noticeable. Was this the reason why she visited? To seduce him again? He tried to drift away from the kiss they had the other night.

"So.." Sasuke started, "uhm.. do you have something to discuss with me?"
"Uhm yeah. It's uh- about- about my birthday!" What was I thinking???
"What about it?"
"Sasori and I thought you should be uhm - guest of honor."
"I don't really think birthdays have guest of honors."
"Well, not mine apparently."
"Okay then." Sasuke was confused.

"Yeah, that's about it." Sakura stood up, not touching the food nor the soda at all - and wanted to bid him her farewell.

"You know you could've just called me if you wanted to tell me that."

The rain poured heavier. It was noon but the clouds were too dim and a storm was starting.

"I know. I just - wanted to tell you in person. And now I did, so I must go." She quickly turned around and headed to the door. The rain was getting heavy, but she didn't mind. She wanted to be out of this place. She embarrassed herself. Moreover, the couch was making her uncomfortable. Or more likely the memories she gets from it. They would often make out on it.

"Sakura- wait!" Sasuke followed her to the door but she never looked back, she was so ready to leave. She ran to her car and the rain covered her wet from head to toe. Sasuke didn't follow but he was still at the door, concern fills his face. Sakura was wet now, from the rain of course, and she immediately reached her car door and clambered inside. Sasuke was still on the door, she can see that from her window. Probably waiting for her to leave before he heads back.

Sakura turned the keys and started the engine. Second try. Third try. "Th-this cannot be happen-ning." Sakura was now freezing. Why must it rain now? Her dress is ruined, her make up and her hair - all to seduce him - but now she'll be seen bare naked on the face, humiliated, even.

Before attempting another, Sasuke was already walking towards her car under his transparent umbrella. He knocked on the door and Sakura only opened her window.
"The engine isn't starting." She said.
"I'll check it out for you." Sasuke let go of the umbrella and opened the hood. He was all wet now. After several minutes, he called out, "This may take a while, go inside."
"Uhm no thanks, I-I'm g-good here." Sakura was really freezing, but for her, she would rather choose to freeze now than to go back.
"Don't be stubborn Sakura. Go inside where the heater is on." His face was wet and contoured to a do-it-or-else face.
"Fine." She ran towards the house and went to the nearest bathroom, gathering two bath towels. The heater on his house was so warm and cozy and was perfect for weathers like this.

She stood beside the front window, observing Sasuke as he scanned through her car's hood. She wanted to leave as soon as possible. Why did this happen now??? Shortly, he took his soaking shirt off, revealing his muscular body and continued to scan and check on the engine of her car. Sakura still couldn't deny that his body was so familiar to her, how it was shaped, how it felt like when touched. Even though they would often make out, they never really reached base 3, and when the heat is getting intense, Sasuke would initiate to stop and kiss her on her forehead instead. He always said if he wouldn't stop it there, he won't be able to stop at any cost afterwards. Sakura blushed at these perverted thoughts and tried her best to shake it off.