Part 36

"I believe you are Uchiha Sasuke? It's nice meeting you." The blonde guy named Naruto said as he entered the room together with the lady beside her.

"The pleasure's mine."

"This is my secretary, Hinata." Naruto smiled as he introduced her to us.
"This is mine. Sakura." Sasuke smirked as he said it. I know he meant something more than that!

"Please have a seat." I offered them, they both smiled and took the seat opposite from ours. "Would you like some refreshments?"

"Oh, no need, thank you Sakura." Naruto smiled. "So Sasuke, about the partnership, I hope you've gone through all of the things we could offer to your company."

"Yes, I believe so. I'm considering your offer, although before that, I'd like to confirm some things about your company. The Konoha Enterprises once gone bankrupt a few years ago as far as I know. And I want to hear it from you, Naruto, as the Executive Director of the opposing company, what can we expect from you?" Sasuke kept a straight face while he talked. He was a different man. Much more.. authorative and.. intimidating.

Naruto gave a half smile, perhaps he liked the challenge of Sasuke's question.

"The Konoha Enterprises once rose up again from the ground ever since I became the Executive Director. I know you knew that, Sasuke. I know you know what I can do for you,"

The heat between them grew hotter, I didn't even know it could be possible for just a minute conversations.

"Even for future plans you might be thinking of." Naruto grinned.

Something smelled fishy about his statement. Future plans?

It took a minute or less before Sasuke reacted, and as expected, he grinned back. That was all it took to know the partnership will soon be happening.

"I believe the board meeting will start half an hour from now?"
"Right. Well, rest for now, I know you've traveled far to get here." Sasuke offered.

That sounded nice of him.
Which is very weird. This is the business type Sasuke, I guess.

Hinata, the secretary of Naruto came by me which surprised me a bit and said in a small voice, "Can you accompany me to the restroom, Sakura?" She blushed. "Sure, no problem." I nodded and smiled as I lead her out of the conference room.

"We will be partners soon as well, I hope you don't mind." She spoke as she smiled nervously at me while we head to the restroom.
"Actually, it's just my first day on the secretarial duties so it should be me asking if you wouldn't mind working with a newbie." I giggled.

"Oh, wow, congratulations. First day on the job was never easy, but it will be worth it on the long run. You will meet new people, like you and me now, you'll get to travel places and have fun as well, and you get to know more about him." Hinata blushed with the last word she said. "I mean, your boss, they, well you know, they will be the persons you get to spend your time with." She added as she got even redder.

"You like Naruto, don't you?" I teased.
"Uhm well, you see, it's - is it that obvious?" Hinata flinched with the sudden realization I had.
"Sort of." I giggled.
"Oh well, it's just - just a little crush. It'll all go away soon." Though Hinata smiled, something about what she said sounded that she was in pain.
"Don't say that, there's a chance, you know. I mean, you're beautiful. Look at you."
"Oh thank you Sakura, but, love like this aren't meant to be answered. Well, he's a fine, rich and capable man and I'm just his secretary. I may be close to him all the time but the gap between us is bigger than what it seems. There are.. limits.." Hinata said sadly.

Somehow her words had gotten into me as well. She was right, we have gaps to maintain.

"I'm sorry I'm telling you such things, it's just that, it's really easy talking to you even if we just met." Hinata giggled. She's beautiful, and it might've been impossible for Naruto not to fall in love with her. Well, I don't know that.

After a quick trip to the restroom, Hinata and I came back strolling to the conference room.

"Hinata, I forgot a few documents in my car," Naruto spoke as he spotted as through the door.
"Oh, let me get it." Hinata offered. "I'll come," Naruto said. Hinata blushed as she turned to look at me. I almost giggled.

"The conference room for the board meeting is at the 27th floor." Sasuke informed them.
"Thanks! We'll be there."

Naruto and Hinata both left the room with only me and Sasuke alone.

"Let's go?" I asked Sasuke, but he acted as if he didn't hear anything. "Sit."

Fine. Fine! Arrogant beast!

"Just so you know, we're in the company." In case he had something in his dirty mind.

He chuckled. "I know it perfectly." Sasuke's face was slowly pacing towards mine, I know where this is going..

oh please no..
please..
don't fall for it Sakura..
turn back..

The door slammed open and I almost slapped the soul out of Sasuke's face.
"Ow!" Sasuke glared, but it didn't matter now, I turned to look at the man who stood by the door this time.

"Hozuki you bastard." Sasuke said bluntly as he took sight on the man who had interrupted his move.
"Oh ouch, geez sorry Sasuke, I didn't mean to.. interrupt." Hozuki said as he restrained a smile.

I felt myself flushing, he knew what we - I mean - Sasuke was doing! Oh such embarrassment.

"What are you doing here?"
"Looking for you, dear."
Hozuki entered the room and took the seat where Naruto sat a few moments ago. "I just want to ask about- wait - what's that?"

"Is that a wound on your lip, Sasuke?"

I felt myself blush even more.
I.am.about.to.faint.

"Yea, the woman was marking her territory I believe." Sasuke grinned as he teased. "She was pretty aggresive too, you know. Even pinning me down at the bed by herself and making us fall off the bed in the process." Hozuki chuckled.

That - That was a lie! I didn't pin him down! Well, it was an accident! It was his fault!

It happened like this,

A buzz on my phone started ringing that morning when we were arguing about what happened. It was Aki who was calling.

"Aki? That guy's calling you this early morning?" Sasuke said coldly. "Give me that." He took grab of my phone and I was left panicking of what he might do.

Oh no! Sasuke might answer it and Sasori might think something's up with me being with Sasuke at a weekend morning! Oh please!

"Sasuke give it back!"
Sasuke restrained and held his hand high so I couldn't reach it. I struggled to reach and I ended up leaning on him that caused us to fall down by the bed. Luckily though, Aki stopped dialling.

"Easy, tiger." Sasuke smirked.

Sasuke and I were on the floor and I was on top of him, and I swear that time that I felt a strange bulge and lump when I was on him. I quickly ran to his bathroom and took refugee.

That's how that happened! And I was glad it was over!

I blushed myself with frustration.

● ● ● ●

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to hit the vote button and comment your thoughts about the story! I'll be gladly accepting it! Love you guys!

Nic xx