Part 9

The rest of the day seem to be awkward, well, at least for me. Sasuke doesn't seem to be bothered at all. He'd been busy throughout the past hours, signing on paper works, answering phone calls, being consulted by others, but time by time he would stop for a minute to look at me while sipping his - is it 3rd or the 4th? - cup of coffee. Which made my day 10x more awkward by the minute.

It was 4 in the afternoon when I stopped halfway of rearranging his books on his shelves and had remembered about my job on the ramen shop in a few hours from now.

"Sasuke, my day shift is almost over. In case you've forgotten." I opened up. Sasuke stopped signing or writing notes or whatever he was doing with the paper, to face me.
"Just because I've once said I will not be needing you before I sleep, doesn't really mean I can't order you to stay for another couple hours at night, babe." He said.

"It's not like that, err, you see I have a night job." I said bashfully. His reaction was almost beyond my expectation. He gave me a sort of what-the-fck kind of look and said "And what kind of job is that?" Before I could even answer he cutted me off, "Quit the job, I'll double your salary."

"I'll think about it."
"It wasn't a request." He snapped.
"I can't just leave them." I insisted. He gave a one long look before saying, "Fine. But let me take you there." With the way he said it and the way he looked at me, I just knew I couldn't argue.

We arrived at the ramen shop by half an hour. Aki was once again making preparations for the opening of the shop while his dad was nowhere to be seen. Probably inside, cooking his speciality.

Sasuke seems neutral about this. Before I get off of his car, of course I had to thank him. "Er thanks for dropping me off here."

"You're welcome, babe." But he wasn't looking at me when he said it. He seems to be glancing at Aki.

"Be at my office tomorrow at 8." He added before he left.

The ramen shop was at its usual night. Mr. Namito was working hard, he would take all orders and make it himself, and time by time he would talk to half-drunk customers into not drinking much since it's another problem if they lay drunk ang asleep at our closing time. Aki and I are working double time to bus out tables and take orders too.

Having that thought of even mentioning to Mr. Namito and Aki that I'm quiting was unpleasant. I would feel bad of adding more workload for them.

It was closing time, and as expected, Mr. Namito was looking over the drunk man's phone and calling for someone to pick him up.

I was a bit distracted and took the wet bottle of beer and slipped down my hand. It shattered. I should pay more attention to what I'm doing. I bent down to pick up the pieces.

"Sakura, don't-" Aki said, it gave me quite a startle. I didn't have any idea why would he said it until the shattered piece I picked up made a cut on my finger. I dropped it instantly and looked at my finger.

It was bleeding. It had blood. I don't like blood. I saw it on my father the days before he died. No. I don't want this. My hands were trembling and my eyes were involuntarily getting teary.

Aki took my hand gently and wrapped my finger with a cloth. "This way you won't see any blood now, do you?" I sobbed quite a few but he was right. There was no more blood that can be seen yet I perfectly know he was just covering the cloth with the blood stained on it.

Aki unwrapped my finger and he applied the ointment for it. He was gentle. I looked at him for a moment and he was carefully doing it, he looks cool, I blushed with the thought.

Aki turned to my blushing face after he applied the band aid and said "Er, it's done now. Next time don't pick those up yourself." I nodded. " Uhm, do you want me to take you home?" I blushed even more that I had to avoid his eyes. "No need Aki! I'm okay now. Thank you!"

I got home a few minutes after. Mom was sitting and reading a book, probably waiting for me

"How was your day, honey?" She smiled. Until before we sleep I had told her what happened on my first day. Another day awaits!

Goodnight, Sakura.