Part 37

A/N: Hi lovies! Thanks for continuing my story. So here's another update for you guys. Hit that vote button if you liked it and feel free to comment. ;)

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

"The woman should have at least bit you somewhere hidden so I won't have to be distracted by it." Hozuki chuckled happily and Sasuke smirked as he occassionally glance at my direction, probably wanting to see my reaction. No sir, I am not going to give them the satisfaction!

"Well anyway, Sasuke, how did it go with mister goodie good two shoes?"
"I've considered it, Hozuki."
"He was able to convince you that fast?"

Sasuke gave him no answer but a grin of his face.

"So be it. I'll go ahead and proceed with the plan." Hozuki left quickly, he waved us goodbye and gave me an additional wink.

What is it about that plan they're talking about?

"Sakura. Let's head to the board meeting." Sasuke stood and left the room, it took us a few minutes to wait for the elevator to arrive. As the elevator reached the 27th floor, Sasuke paced to the right and went through a deserted hallway. At the end of it, it had a double glass door.

Apparently there were already a few men wearing business suits and women with expensive designer dresses inside.

I felt my heartbeat drummed crazy, I didn't know what's making me nervous. Perhaps the fact that I'm in a room filled with rich, wealthy and intimidating people?

"Ah, Sasuke, the main man." A middle aged man smiled as he saw Sasuke and I enter the room.

Sasuke only gave him a smile of acknowledgment and headed to the available seat near the front.

The room occupants was majority of old and middle aged men and women, ones that I haven't seen before. But some were very familiar. Karin was there, and Aki's mom was there as well. She gave me a warm smile as she took sight on my presence. On the opposing side of Sasuke, sat a man with flaming red hair like Aki's. With his aura, I can bet he's a lot like Sasuke. Although I strongly believe that a dwarf has even more chances on getting taller rather than Sasuke getting along with that guy. Naruto and Hinata were already there too. Perhaps this was some kind of a general meeting? I don't know. Whatever.

The man that sat on the middle front of the table was a muscular middle aged man. He looks good for his age. The thing that bothered me is that.. he and Sasuke looked alike. It's as if he was an older version of Sasuke.

I was startled to find him glancing back, I quickly looked away and took interest on the floor. I felt my throat had gone terribly dry.

"First of all," the man on the middle front spoke, "I'd like to thank you all for coming to this meeting."

"I'd like to discuss about few matters on the partnership with the Uzumaki Enterprises." He turned to glance at Sasuke who doesn't seem to be uninterested at all.

"A question for the Executive Director of the UE, if I may." The man with the flaming red hair asked bluntly.
"Go on." Naruto looked serious this time, unlike the happy go lucky aura he gave us a while ago on the mini conference room.
"So, The Uzumaki Enterprises, excuse me, I have no intention to be offensive but based on my researches you've had troubles with bankrupcy and management a few years ago, probably 2-3 years from now, I believe."
"True," Naruto spoke, "However may I imply that we were able to rise up again from ground after just two to three years at a time. Even compete with globally leading companies such as yours."

The man with the red hair kept a straight face, as if he didn't really care.

"How about the management? I've found out that 1 year and a half ago, a lot of your employees faced crisis."

Naruto merely chuckled. "That's exactly the time I came in to fix up everything. I don't mean to brag, but UE, under me and my father's management, rest assured, that we can help you as much as you can help us. We are not here to compete."

"May I ask you, Sasuke, have you reviewed the information about UE that my people had provided before you made an action?" A middle aged woman asked. She had a sour face, probably not liking where this meeting is going.

I turned to look at Sasuke, he didn't seem to tense or anything at all. He kept a calm and careless face. "Yes, I did. And apparently your people gave me nothing but the UE's crisis regardless of the dates. So I had to check the strengths, opportunites and benefits we can get from them by myself. Thank you though." He said cooly.

"I am confident that my people had given all what is needed!" The woman said as her voice started to omit a high pitch.

"Not all of what I need. I believe I am responsible for this partnership and I strongly believe I have made the right decision as I do not look on the past but rather see the potential. That is all."

No one spoke for a moment.
It was a hot steamy conversation.
Some may be afraid to get burned.

"All those not in favor of the partnership?" The man in the middle spoke. About 5 persons raised their fists, including the man with the red hair and the woman with the sour face.
"All those in favor of the partnership?" The rest of the people on the meeting raised their fists, it was 5 versus 10.

"This short meeting has ended, you may now go."

The crowd started to disperse, but Sasuke remained seated and it's probably best if I did too. And to add more awkwardness, the man in the middle remained seated as well.

Sasuke stood and I followed him to the door. But before he exited, he paused at a place and said, "Trust me on this." It was obvious he was talking to the man inside. I didn't seem to get it.

Unless....
Is it possible?
Could this man be....

Sasuke's father?

Sasuke did not wait nor asked for any answer, he left quickly and I was about to follow until the man inside spoke to me that gave me a surprise and a fright.

"You must be Haruno Sakura."