Part 60

A/N: Hello guys, sorry for the late updates before, I'm currently working on a new story called Trapped in the arms of a killer, a SasuSaku romantic fanfiction too, so I might be updating there as well.

Hopefully I'll find time to update both alternately together with my schedule at work. So please read the other one too, nyahaha! ヽ(' ▽ `)/

Phew! 2.2k+ votes, thank you so much dear friends/readers! I've never even expected I'd go far as 1k, so realllyyyyy thanks! (/・ω・)/here is the updaaatee!

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

I woke up with the sudden cross of a hump of the coach bus on the road, I gently opened my eyes and took sight. The bus inside had dim lights and everyone else was dozing into sleep, it was 10pm in the evening.

Glancing at Sasuke who had his eyes closed as he whispered, "Go back to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there."

A smile trailed around my lips, "I'm not sleepy anymore." I whispered back. Sasuke looked at me with a sudden smirk on his face, "What do you want to do then? Get naughty?"

"Too bad you can't touch me here, ha ha ha." I teased as I chuckled with a careful and quiet volume of my voice.

"I already am touching you, tiger." Sasuke grinned as he moved his hand on my waist, startling me and notifying me that he had his hands on me, since I started sleeping.

I never meant literally touching.

But knowing Sasuke, he could turn that literal statement to a metaphor. Sasuke's hand on my waist had gently traveled higher, making me shiver and send electricity over my body.

Oh no.

Not here.
Not in the public.

This is so embarrassing, I thought nervously as I bit my lip.
"Maybe next time you'll have second thoughts in daring me." Sasuke smirked as he swiftly planted a soft kiss on the side of my forehead.

Involuntarily holding the part where he kissed me with my free hand, I blushed crimson red and felt embarrassed.

It was quiet, everyone was sleeping in their seats and Sasuke, me, including the bus driver on the far front seat lay awake. It was a calm and gentle night with visible billion of stars appeared on the night sky outside the window pane.

"Sasuke," I said, causing him to look at me with his dark onyx eyes, "What do you hate so much about Aki?" squirming on my seat, I felt nervous, as if I've asked the wrong question when Sasuke eyes narrowed.

"He's too touchy with my property."
"D-don't tell me I'm that property?" I asked nervously.
"Okay, you're not the property."
"Then what is?"
"You told me not to say it's you." Sasuke pointed out sarcastically. Well, at least he had humor, and that honestly made me smile.

Building up the courage, I asked, "W-were you jealous then?"

Sasuke arched an eyebrow and said mockingly, "Jealous?"

"I don't do this jealous thing, I simply didn't want others invading my property." He said rather seriously, making me feel uncomfortable with asking any more questions. I suddenly felt disappointed though.

I didn't want to admit it, but I would have want to heard from him he was jealous. Yet knowing him, he wouldn't have.

After all I'm just a property of him simply because I was his secretary.

"How about you?" He suddenly said, cutting off my thoughts, "Were you jealous when that woman carressed me?"

Me? Jealous? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes. No. I mean, yes it's a no.

"Of course not, I was just-" thinking of a better excuse, I bit my lip and added, "-just shocked that a stranger was touching you."

A smirk lifted on Sasuke's lips, as if knowing the truth behind my lame excuses. "You prefer me not to be touched by strangers then?" He whispered.

"Uhm, no, I was just shocked. No biggie."

"Well, good. Attachments are not my thing, Sakura." He said, making my heart stop for a moment. For a moment I looked Sasuke in the eyes, and broke away immediately.

It was crystal clear to me now.

He may be possessive with his property, but he was never attached with it. Including me.

I was just a mere property for him, a temporary one. He was still free to find another one in my position, it didn't matter to him as long as he wasn't attached.

If I went away from him, I doubt he'll find me back.

"Sakura," Sasuke said, "This is our stop."

I quickly scanned the view outside the window and it was the building. We're back in the corporation.
The people inside started to wake up and yawn, scrambling and taking their luggages outside.

"Back already?" Tenten yawned.
"Move fast or I'm going to leave you." Neji grunted.
"Calm down, Mr. Grumpy. I'm faster than Flash, so wait for me in the car. Cool, it rhymed." The brunette giggled as she fixed her hair and took her luggages.

Soon as we were all out of the bus, our colleagues started their farewells and went to the cars that had been parked on the building's parking lot during our business trip vacation.

"Sakura, Sasuke." The blonde Naruto greeted us and smiled, "Thanks a lot for approving this vacation to happen. Til next time then."

Hinata pulled me as she hugged me tight, "Thanks Sakura, it had been fun. I'll see you soon. Take care, okay?"
"You too, thank you." I responded with a hug back and a smile.

Soon as most of them had left the parking lot, Sasuke opened the car door for me, "I'll take you home."

I smiled faintly in response, not forgetting the realization I got earlier at the bus. Taking a seat, both of us had drove towards the usual and familiar paths on my way home. It was closely by midnight.

After approximately 15 minutes, Sasuke and I reached my home and quite expectedly, mom was probably waiting inside as the lights were on. Sasuke helped me take the luggages over the door as I knocked.

"Mom? I'm back!"

The door quickly opened soon as I took another knock, and I was more than surprised to see the person looking back at me.

It wasn't mom.

"S-sai?!"