Part 75

"What was that?" I asked mom who seemed to be nerved, as if she was caught doing something she shouldn't have, yet she was almost at the verge of crying too that had made me a lot more worried than ever.

Earlier after seeing Mr. Jiraiya come out of our house, I didn't have the opportunity to ask him any questions at all. The look of mom as she she took sight of me had been bothering and made me suspicious of her relationship with Mr. Jiraiya.

"Honey p-please"
"Did he do something to you?" I asked nervously, who I had hoped she'd say no.
"Oh dear, of course he didn't do anything-"
"Then why are you like that? What's bothering you?" I sat closely to mom and hugged her by my arms which made my mom hug back.

A smiled trailed over her lips as she let a teardrop fall on her cheek and said, "I love you honey. So much. You do know that, right?" I nodded yet I still wasn't convinced.

"I missed your father." She sobbed.

It started making sense, maybe a little, perhaps Mr. Jiraiya and mom had talked about dad, considering he was his friend after all. I started patting mom's back as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I do too mom, but I bet you miss your first love more, haha." I joked, hoping the moment would be a little lighter.
"Oh heavens no Sakura, I missed your father more." She pointed out as she wiped her tears at the back of her palms. "First love never dies, but, you will love the last one a lot more than ever. Why else would you be here if your dad wasn't my last one?"

I stare at her with confusion, for years my dad had gone, mom had been depressed, but for some reason a few months ago, she started to smile a lot more.

Mom kissed my forehead and reassured, "I didn't took your father for granted. I loved him. Despite of your teenage mom being stupidly in love with someone else before, I came to love him more. He was always there for me, to reassure me, to embrace me, to let me know someone loves me. Although, it took him years to get my yes for marriage, haha."

"Why did it take so long then?" I raised my eyebrow at mom comically.
"I was still hard to get you know." Mom winked and laughed.

After a heart to heart talk, I came to reassure myself that mom was okay, but it was still suspicious. Or perhaps I was thinking too much.

Lying down and taking a rest on my room while checking over my phone, I passed through Aki's phone contact number and remembered when was the last time we talked.

I clicked on the call and was immediately answered in a few seconds of rings.

"Sasori here."
"Not Aki anymore?"
"Sakura, how have you been? And uhm, yeah, just a little change."

"Okay I guess.. I came up to check on you. I haven't seen you a while A- I mean, Sasori."
"I'm sorry about that. I've been busy."
"Busy with what?"

"Women. Just kidding. Something big, I'm planning to surprise you with it."
"I'm looking forward to it."
"I have time tomorrow by the way, well before a business meeting, wanna grab some coffee?"

Oh I don't think Sasuke would like that, I thought suddenly. But he might be okay with it, he did mention before that he won't have to be scared of me being stolen away if I was his.

"Sure, so I could catch up with you."
"And me to you."
"Okay, I'll see you then."
"See you. Bye."
"Bye Sasori."

I hit end call on my phone and went back on browsing. I'm not quite sure if I should tell Sasuke, would he care now that I'm his girlfriend?

"Hng" I'll tell him tomorrow, he might be asleep already.

I closed my eyes and let myself into sleep as another day had passed and fortunately will be ending it with a smile.

"Honey.."

"Honeyyy..."

"Sakura..."

"Mnnhggg 5 more min-"

"Sweetie, I believe you overslept. Aki is outside, waiting for you, don't make him wait too much, he looks like he has a place to go too." Mom shook me for the last time while I realized that she was correct. Sasori has a meeting after our coffee together. I quickly rushed to my bathroom, tripped to look for an outfit and applied a bit of make up and all done less than 30 minutes.

And they said it was impossible pft.

"Oh, I'm really really really sorry, I know you have a meeting, and I took long to wake up and fix everything." I gawked embarrassingly while seating on the front seat of Sasori's car.

"No big deal. We still have 40 minutes." He smiled gently as he started driving.

Now before I forgot, I have to tell Sasuke too, you know, just in case he needs to know.

"What is it?"
"Oh, goodmorning to you too."
"I don't wake up until 8:30 on a weekend morning, woman."
"Right, I was just - uh -"

Suddenly I felt hesistant of telling him where I was and whom I'm with. But I don't want to lie at all, that would be the first step to manually destroy your relationship.

"Well?"
"In case you're interested to know or you need to know, I'm actually with Sasori - Aki, and we're driving to the coffee shop."
"What the hell are you doing with him in this early morning?"
"Coffee...?"

"Are you fully aware of our relationship? That actually means you're not free to date anyone anymore."
"I - I know, but we're not dati-"
"......."

Oh great, he hang up on me. I bit my lip and felt nervous about it now. A bit guilty since I haven't told him last night. But he didn't really need to hang up on me, that's just rude!

After arriving at the coffee shop, we ordered cappuchino, black coffee and a pair of croissants for breakfast.

"What's up with you and him?" Sasori asked suddenly as he sat down over the chair, placing our orders on top of the table.

"Him? Oh, you mean me and him?" I scratched my head, which I believe is a mannerism if you're feeling nervous about something. Or whatever.

Sasori looked at me intensely in the eyes as if uncovering the truth himself as he sipped on his coffee cup.

"Actually we're together now." I said rather quickly, taking a big bite on the croissant while Sasori almost splurted out his coffee.

"What?" He coughed. "Have I been gone that long?"
"Not that long."

"So, tell me about this surprise of yours."
"It's still a surprise, and you'll not be getting it today, or I think."

After some chit chats, follow ups, we realized it was 5 minutes to the time of his meeting, I gasped audibly as I was holding on Sasori and he's gonna be late because of me!

"Sakura, chill, we'll meet here too."
"No, I gotta go home Sasori, I'm very very sorry. It was nice spending time with you, I'll message you. Just prioritize your private business first, okay?"

"Oh, see, he's here." Sasori stood up to hand shake the man who just came in.
"Goodmorning, Mr. Sasori and uhm -"

I smiled to meet him too and offered a hand.

Until a sudden pang of realization shot through my jade eyes and the smile on my lips left no trail of its existence as I studied the structure of his face.

My heart beated like crazy and my mind went blank.

This was impossible.

Or this may be impossible.

But..

Please be true.