Part 38

"I - I am, sir." I spoke nervously. The man inside gave me a half smile and didn't have to say anything at all.

"Sakura." A hand held mine and I turned to face Sasuke looking from me to the man.
"Let's go."
On the deserted hallway, Sasuke dragged me to the elevator, we waited for a few moments before we got in and a few more silent minutes until we reached Sasuke's office.

There was something off, it's as if he wasn't comfortable seeing us earlier.

"Sasuke, are you okay?"
"What did he tell you?" Sasuke asked,
"Well, he just wanted to know if I'm Haruno Sakura."
Sasuke had a deep thought, it was obvious with the way he looks.

There was a sudden knock on the door that startled me and my thoughts. I opened the door and found Naruto and Hinata behind it.

"Come in." I offered. Naruto and Hinata strolled inside with such good mood that I instantly felt happy as well. I personally think they can't wait to give out the news for their company.

"Thanks Sakura. Well, I came to thank you and Sasuke for the great day. It had been a successful business partnership." Naruto smiled brightly to Sasuke who only acknowledged him with a nod.
"Oh and Sasuke, I was hoping if we could invite you and Sakura for dinner on this coming weekend. We arranged a simple gathering. Of course I've invited the other board members as well."

Suddenly I felt so excited about the dinner party for the weekend. (But I doubt it's going to be simple if they invited the other board members!)

"We'll come." Sasuke grinned. I don't know what's on his mind but this has to go the scheduler.
"Great. Hinata, please provide Sakura the dinner's venue and time."
"My pleasure." Hinata squeaked.

I took the scheduler on my desk and looked for a pen. Hinata came over and greeted me,

"Sakura," she whispered. "Here, borrow mine. And here's the venue and time. It would be held on De Vermont Hotel event hall, 15th of August on 7pm."

I wrote all the word she said and as I read it again..

"You call this simple?"
"You're funny, Sakura." Hinata chuckled. "Well, Sakura, promise me you'll come."
"Do I have to?"
Hinata blushed cutely as she nod.
"Yes, I want to get to know you better, and - well, you know - spend more time with my colleagues."
I rised my brow at her. "It's true! It's not just about him." She explained as she got even redder.
"If you say so, Hinata." I teased. "Fine, I promise I'm going." I reassured her.

Besides, it's just for a little fun.