Part 59

"What do you mean y-you're not giving up?"

Aki only grinned, ignoring the question, he walked through the underwater floor and paced to the shore.

"Sakura, just keep safe."

"I know Aki, I'm avoiding some shells," I chuckled as I stepped on the knee length saltwater.

"Yaaaaaay I won!" Tenten jumped up and down as she held the ball over her head. Karin crossed her arms as she rolled her eyes. "You just got lucky." She mumbled.

Looking for Sasuke around the corner, I spotted him lying beneath the beach umbrella.

Being caressed on the back by an unknown woman. Of course the sunblock was just a prop.

I dislike how the woman kept her lingering fingers on his bare back. It's just - irritating.

Should I just turn around and forget about this unsightful scene?

I should.

But.. but..

"Sasuke, c-can I have the keys?" I said forcefully, making the woman turn her face and pausing her fingers unto his back. It was that one woman from yesterday. She stood up and grinned as she handed over the keys. "Here, I figured you'll be back."

My jaw mentally dropped as she handed the keys and went back to Sasuke who lied motionless and didn't seem to care.

Well, I ignored him back and went to the room. I'm going to pack my things, not because I'll walk out but because we will be leaving the resort by the afternoon.

And no, I am not mad about anything.

Just irritated.

After packing things up and taking a quick shower, I combed my hair and pulled the hem of my shirt properly.
"Sakura," I flinched with sudden sound of my voice.

"Oh, Sasuke, I was just - uhm - packing my things for later,"
"Where have you been?"
"Uhm, swimming. How about you?" I said rather sarcastically as I continued to comb my hair.
"Just lying down."

"Oh really? Last time I checked you were with some woman carressing your back."
"She was putting sunblock on me."
"Yeah sure."

"At least she was barely clinging into me."
"W-what?"

"Oh nothing," Sasuke crossed his arms and stared with his emotionless eyes.

"Is this about Aki earlier? He grabbed me! I struggled loose too!"
"But you chose to cling on him."
"Well of course! I was still scared of the ocean!"

"Nevermind, why don't you just tag along with that asshole then?"
"Aki is not an asshole, he's super nice unlike you now."
"Run along with him then."
"As a matter of fact, maybe I will."

"Go ahead."
"Fine!"

"Fine."
"Fine!"

I held my breath until I shutted the door close and headed outside. That evil - arrogant - womanizer - monster - bastard! I stomped off the sand and grabbed a shell nearby and threw it forcefully at the saltwater.

How dare him!

It's- it's as if he's thinking I wanted to cling on someone else, well sorry to burst the living bubble on him but no! While him, on the other hand, was more than willing to get touched by someone else!

Grr. He just makes me so angry sometimes. And I hate it, I barely get angry. It's a bad emotion, and I hate how he easily he could bring it out from me.

I audibly sighed from this rough day. I want it to end soon. I sat on the sand and wrapped my arms on my legs as I looked over the views of the beautiful ocean.

"Hi," a voice suddenly spoke behind me, looking over my shoulder, it was Tenten.
"Hello," I replied with a smile.
"You okay?" She asked concerningly.

"Uhm, yes Tenten, no biggie. Why do you ask?"
"Well it's very obvious you're feeling down."

"Is it?" I asked while imagining the face I'm putting on right now. It didn't look very good so I instinctively pulled up a smile in response. The two brown haired bun Tenten giggled.
"You walked out the room yelling 'Fine', I'm sorry I overheard."

Oh, so she heard about the fight, a blushed ran across my face, thinking back, I acted wrong. Nevertheless, whether this is a trip or not, Sasuke was still my boss. I shouldn't have raised my voice on him. I'm ashamed of myself.

"You're really brave, you know. I mean, to pour up all your madness to him," Tenten said encouragingly. "You must be really close with Mr. Sasuke."

"Not much," I said as I shook my head. I barely know him much and that was true. I think?

"I work for the company for two years now, and believe me I met all of his secretaries - well - not all in person, some was just I knew from a distance because not much stay long enough."

"Well, I definitely know why." I rolled my eyes thinking of that bastard again.
"I've lost count of them, you know. But what I can say is that you seem the first secretary he grew close with,"

I didn't know why, but what Tenten said had crazily lightened up my mood bit by bit.

"There's a spark in between you two, too. You'd look perfect together." Tenten whispered and giggled as she pushed my shoulder lightly to tease. I didn't want to feel happy if others felt Sasuke and I were sharing same sparkly romantic feelings.

Because it was clear with us that there's no romance.

'Til the noon came, everyone started packing up and was dressed in casual outfits as we were waiting for the coach bus' arrival. Sasuke leaned on a post, while I made good distance away from him on the opposite post.

Sasuke's eyes met mine and it took me probably 0.5 seconds to look away. Damn it he caught me, last thing I wanna see is his lips curving into a smirk of egoism.

When the bus coach arrived, our colleagues had scrambled over making a line towards its entrance.

Carefully scanning for Hinata to steal her from Naruto, I caught the sight of Tenten whispering over Hinata's ears and then shouted as she faced the others, "Same seats from the first trip! No exchanges!!" She grinned as she looked over me and headed inside.

TENTEN. WHAT. UGH.

I glared at Sasuke who was glaring back. Together with sat on the bus back to our original seats, carefully avoiding each other and reacted nothing when his arms brushed into mine.

The bus started from half an hour now. As I took a quick view out of the window, the sun had setted and it was time that the dark illuminating night sky had replaced its shade.

Thinking back to what had happened, whether it was his fault or mine, whether it was true that I was the first secretary he grew close with, still, I wasn't in the right position to raise my voice on him.

I had no right to be mad if somebody else had touched him.

I had no right to be mad if somebody else wanted him and he wanted them back.

I was just his plain secretary.

"Sakura," he whispered suddenly, causing me to look over my shoulder and face him.
"I'd rather prefer you stay mad at me. Stop overthinking, babe." He said soothingly as he wrapped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close.

H-how did he know?

"Go to sleep." He muttered.
"O-okay, let me go then,"
"Nope, sleep here in my shoulders. I slept on yours. Just simply returning the favor." Sasuke smirked as I stared at him confusingly for a moment.

A smiled trailed on my lips as I closed my eyes and curled up on his shoulders as his hands wrapped on my waist.

Heavenly.