Part 64

A/N: Sorry, sorry, sorrrrryy guys! It's been a few days since I've last updated my story and I feel so guilty. (˘̩╭╮˘̩) Really.

I've been catching up with my sleeping schedule and my job is stressful as well so.. yeah, I'm sorry! (。_。)

But here's the update, I hope you still like my story nyaaaa (ಥ , ಥ)

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

7 years later...

Lol that's a joke.

Here's the update:

"Thank you for the dinner, Aki. I really appreciate it." I said as I let my teeth shine with my smile, making Aki smirk a little while we walk out of the restaurant and headed home.

Aki probably knew I was bothered with Sasuke being there. That, or he was the one who was bothered and left earlier than expected.

As I seated shyly on the front seat while Aki drove, silence had taken the space between us. I peeked over Aki who was clearly focusing his eyes on the road, and admired how much of a great friend he is to me. He always warned me about him, that Sasuke wasn't some guy I should be trusting.

He was right.

"Sakura," He said, making my thoughts drift away and all my focus directed to his voice. "Why'd you say we're on a date?" Aki arched an eyebrow, looking me as if he had the idea and wanted me to confess.

"I- well, I-" I started, stammering and thinking of an appropriate excuse.
"You do know you're a bad liar, so don't bother trying." Aki said cooly.

"Were you trying to make him jealous with the use of me?"
"N-no! Of c-course not! You're crazy!"
"Told you not to bother trying." He said, smirking as his eyes remained on the road.

"I don't mind." He mumbled, and I thought I heard it wrong. What does he mean?
"Don't mind - what?" I said, looking at his beautifully shaped face by the side view.
"I don't mind if we pretend we're in love." Aki said, throwing a serious glance at me, which I quickly took my face off of his sight due to great embarrassment.

"There's no need for that, you're crazy." I said as I pouted by the window pane.
"Suit yourself."

After almost an hour drive, Aki and I arrived my home by almost 10pm. Although I admit it was awkward, I'm happy with his reassurance that he'd be there for me.

"Welcome back," Sai greeted as he went out of the door, probably hearing the car.

"Oh, thanks, by the way, this is Aki." I said as I directed my hands to the flaming red hair of him. "And Aki, this is Sai." I said as I placed my arm over my bestfriend's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm only her best friend, I hope you don't walk out- ouch!" Sai said as I punched him on the side with the statement, clearly he was referring to the previous incident with him.

"I see, it's nice meeting you." Aki shook hands with Sai and smiled. "I'm guessing your boss met him too." He said as he directed to me, with rather amusement over his eyes,

I only responded with a nervous smile and a nod.

"Now I know." Aki said a playful smile on his lips.

After a while, Aki went back to his car and drove away as we waved goodbye. While me on the other hand, I went directly back to my room as soon as I lost sight of Aki' car and changed. Today had been exhausting. Emotionally, I think.

I'm not really sure if I'm ready for another week of silent treatment from him, but I guess I had to get used to it, I mean, I was told several times that I was just another target or something.

Even though my friends had considered him jealous, well it happens a lot of times back then but he never got to the point where he never talked to me.

So probably it was the first option, I was a target.

Completely cool with that.
Yes, I'm cool it.
Or I have to.

I let out a big sigh and started letting myself doze into sleep. Hoping for forgetting it somehow, and for a much better tomorrow.

But apparently, life says nope.

The next day started rough. I woke up by 7:45am which eventually is the time where I'm supposedly at the building.
I scrambled over the house, grabbing this and that. Run here, run there. I really hate getting late.

I arrived by the building by quarter to 9, directing to tell Sasuke my apologies for the bad performance. He was still, in fact, my boss.

"I'm sorry for being late," I said, fumbling my fingers with embarrassment.
"You've never been late before, any specific reason why you're late now?" He said coldly while he studied his documents.

Perfect opportunity to support the Aki and Sakura love-team-pretend, my subconscious said. But not that I'm considering it....

"I- had a few plans last night.."
"I believe you were with him, Aki, I've overheard you speaking with Ino last night."
"Oh, uhm, yes. I'm sorry."
"I don't want to interfere or anything, but even though you have dates the night before your job, I expect you to come in time the following day. Are we clear on that?"
"Y-yes."

Well, he didn't care much.
Maybe that's a good thing.

"And by the way, there would be a photo shoot by tomorrow, for a news magazine. You may at least wear something approriate since you're my secretary."

Yes, your secretary. I know.

"Now you may go." He added.

Aaaaaaanndddd that's how our conversation ended.

Get used to it, get used to it, get use to it, block out emotions, block it out, I chanted on my head.

But what about that photoshoot? Never heard of that one before. I wouldn't want to look crappy tomorrow if ever they took a picture of me though, I better prepare for that, otherwise it's forever embarrassment.

"Hi Sakura, where have you been?" A voice greeted as I went back to my office table.
"Oh, Tenten, hi. I was late, were you here earlier?"
"Yep, heard news. Photoshoot!"
"Right, Sasuke told me."
"But do you know who's going to be taken a picture of?"
"Errr, Sasuke and family?"

"No, the so called princess of the Yamanaka's named Ino & your Sasuke."