Part 49

"You look bothered ever since the Uchiha family dinner, Sakura. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Hinata frowned after she took a bite on her cinnamon bun.
"Uh - yes - I'm just thinking of a few things lately. Anyway, thank you for waiting 'til the end of my shift. Did you want to talk about something?"

"Oh, right, yes, I came to talk to you about the business trip!" Hinata giggled as she -probably- mentally jumped up and down.
"Business trip?" I gave her a quizzical look, what business trip?

With the look I gave her, Hinata gave me a more confusing look,
"You don't know about the business trip?" I shook my head in response.
"Remember the folder I gave you the other day? It was the information of our business trip."
"That folder? I thought it was confidential so I gave it directly to Sasuke."

"Well, I came here to you wondering if you have advises on - you know - beach nights, what to wear or what to do -" Hinata flushed and bit her lip as she entwine her fingers. "Sakura looks fit and sexy, I thought you might be good with fashion and building the right confidence."

It was easy to think she was doing this for Naruto. But she's is definitely doing this for herself. Naruto was just the sideline.

However...

"I-I'm not really good with fashion or confidence myself," I scratched my head with a bit of shyness upon admitting it. "But, I think we could figure that out ourselves."

As soon as Hinata and I got out of the building, we stopped on our tracks as an unusual sight caught my attention.

"What is it, Sakura?"

A matte black color was parked by the entrance of the building.

But that wasn't what caught my attention.

Aki was leaning on it with crossed arms wearing a black shirt and torned jeans. He was looking around and stopped at the direction of us.

"D-do you know him?" Hinata whispered.

"Sakura, I've been waiting for you." Aki smiled as he paced towards us, "Hi, I'm Aki, Sakura's friend. And you are?" He greeted Hinata, who seemed to be affected with Aki as well, given with the blush on her face.

"I'm Hinata. It's nice meeting you, Aki."
"Pleasure's all mine. You girls need a lift home?" Aki smiled cutely. He didn't act like a boastful guy with the offer hey-look-at-my-car kind of way. That's what I like about him.

"Uh no need Aki, Hinata and I will be in town, we'll be buying some few things."
"Can I accompany you?"
"We don't want to trouble you." I smiled nervously.
"Being with you isn't troubling." Aki claimed. Causing my cheeks probably getting redder by the moment. "I mean - uh - being with you ladies - not a big deal, heh." Aki ran a hand through his hair as he stammered while his cheeks get a bit red too.

Aw he's shy. I restrained myself from pinching his cheeks.

"Okay, Aki, only if you help us out." I negotiated. Aki gave me a big grin that probably means challenge accepted.

The three of us got in the car and Aki started the engine.

I've never seen his car before. Not even at their house when I visited.

"So, is this a new car?" I asked.
"Uh, yeah. Been waiting to get this."
"You're rich, you could buy it anytime you want."
"I prefer to buy it with my own savings." He smirked.

Soon as the three of us got to town, we went to the first closest clothing shop by the street.

"This is the challenge?" Aki exhaled and gave us a pout.
"What? This is crucial."
"You got a point. Girls go for hours just to buy a piece of clothing. Take note: a piece of clothing."
"Well then, maybe boys like you could help us out, which is basically why I agreed for you to come along."
"I'm not good with women fashion. I'm a man."
"Hmm. You got a point."

"Well," Hinata spoke, "You could choose a dress that would look good on us. I think?" She hesitated. Though, it was a good idea.
"Give it a shot Aki." I teased.
"Fine. But if it's going to be the swim suits, count me out."

It definitely took us time to choose a dress we think would fit. We have to consider the way we look on it, we have to consider the price if we could afford it too.

Aki wasn't much of a big help too, because every time I try out a new and different dress, he would say I look good on it.

I blushed with the thought.

I know he's just saying that so he wouldn't have to hurt my feeling by being completely honest.

"What is this for, anyway?" Aki asked.
"It's for our business trip." Hinata answered as she shifted clothes to clothes on the shop.

Speaking of business trip, how come Sasuke didn't inform me about this? I better ask.

I grabbed the phone on my pocket and typed the message for Sasuke.

'I heard about this business trip. How come you never told me?' 6:49pm

'I was planning to tell you by tomorrow.' 6:51pm

'But that's one day before the trip!' 6:52pm

'I know, tiger. You should be thankful at least, I originally planned to tell it by the day of the trip itself. I don't want to take chances of you backing out on it.' 6:57pm

As if that's reasonable!

I shoved my phone to my pocket, as well as our conversation, and went back to choosing the proper swimsuit.

I'd go for one piece. Something similar with the highschool swimsuit.

Hinata suddenly paced at me holding two hangers of two-piece swimsuits.

"Which one do you like?"
"The red one. It'll look good on you."
"Silly, this is for you."
"W-what? No, I'm not wearing that."
"Oh come on, you shouldn't be ashamed with your body." Hinata pouted.
"Let me guess, you chose a two piece swimsuit and you want me to accompany you with wearing it too."
Hinata giggled and blushed.
"Don't worry, we'll be wearing shorts anyway. So what do you say? For self confidence?"
"Fine," I sighed, "For self confidence, ha ha ha."

After the mini shopping, we headed home and Aki dropped Hinata by the front gate of their house. She waved goodbye, giving us a happy face before she got in.

"Had fun?" Aki asked as he stopped the car by the front of our house.

"Yea, thank you for accompanying us, Aki. Although you weren't much of a help since you think all the dress I wore fits me, making it harder to think if there's a dress that would really fit me and all,"
"Ouch. Are you really thanking me?" He grinned. "But I really do think you look good in all the dress you wore."
"Yeah right." I said sarcastically as I went out of his car. "Thank you so much Aki, you're a good friend. You take care, okay?"
"You're welcome Sakura. Yes ma'am, I will."

I waved him goodbye as I paced to our front door. I stopped at my tracks and turned around as Aki called me out, "Oh and Sakura, sorry I wasn't able to help you. Maybe I wasn't focusing on the dress after all." Aki smirked and left with his car.

What was that supposed to mean? Not focusing on the dress? Then wherr are you focusing then?

Is it completely necessary to blush with that statement?