Part 25

A/N: Here's another update my fellow friends/readers/sasusaku fanatics ♡♡♡ Please vote/comment/suggest! :')

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

Sasuke unexpectedly held the front door on his car for me. What is he trying to pull off? That he was a gentleman?

"In." As expected, still commanding as ever. I came in followed by him after, and he started to drive.

"Why are you taking me home?" I asked.
"No specific reason."

Although he made it clear that he just wanted to take me home, I wasn't really convinced.

"So, how were you earlier with Rikka? Do you find her job, hard?"
"Yes. And even harder with you giving impossible deadlines."
"Because I need it as soon as possible. Anyway, starting today you should learn what she does, probably most of everything."
"What for?"
"Stop asking. We're here." He snapped.

Mom was on the door, apparently shocked to see a car parking over our house.

"Mom, I'm home." I called as I went out of Sasuke's car. I hugged her and she hugged back but as I saw her face, her eyes didn't leave the sight of Sasuke.
"Honey, why don't you invite him inside?" Mom smiled.

I hesitated.

But mom asked for it and I didn't want her down.
"Sasuke, would you - would you come over before you go?" I tried to say it without slight awkwardness and apparently failed to do so. Sasuke grinned.

Sasuke, me and mom sat on the living room. It was far beyond the most awkward moment I've ever had in my life.
"I believe you are my daughter's boss? Thank you so much for taking good care of her." My mom smiled so cheerfully at Sasuke and he returned it.
"Yes I am, Mrs. Haruno. You don't have to worry."

"You reminded me of someone I know." Mom unexpectedly said to Sasuke while she unusually smiled bright.
"Was he arrogant too?" I joked.
"Actually he looked arrogant as well, but he was one of the sweetest person I knew." Mom said. "Well, I'll be in the kitchen making our dinner, Sakura. Be nice to our guest. He's your boss too you know." She giggled as she left the room.

"You should go, it's getting late." I whispered.
"Are you asking me to leave?" Sasuke gave me a half smile.
"Will you?"
"What if I don't? Can I sleep in your bed?" He teased.
"In your dreams!"
"Fine, tiger. I've got things to do too anyway."

I felt relieved. He's finally going to leave.

And it's not that I hate him, I just feel so uncomfortable seeing mom meeting the guy who had touched me so much in the early morning. I blushed.

"Mrs. Haruno." Sasuke went to the kitchen slowly followed by me, "I need to head home. Got some errands to do. But thank you for inviting me." Sasuke smiled and mom did as well. It was really suspicious that she was unusual today because of Sasuke. She saw him once, but she didn't react much at all. Or perhaps I was too panicky that time and didn't notice the way she acted when she saw him.

"Okay, keep safe! You can visit anytime." Mom said. "Oh and Sakura, will you please show him outside?" I gave her an ugh-do-I-have-to kind of look but she didn't bother.

I escorted Sasuke outside our home while making an obviously irritated face.

"Why the long face, babe?"
"How can you act so casual around mom? Haven't you forgotten you almost did something to me this morning, you pervert? And now you're seeing my mom!" I whispered closely to him.

Sasuke stared at me. He barely spoke and gave me a mischievous grin.

"What?" I asked, uncomfortable with the silence around us.
He held my chin and tilted my face up.

He planted a soft, warm kiss on my cheek.
"Bye tiger." He whispered before he left.

I was left hanging with a weird and unusual heart beating in my chest. It took me a few minutes before I could contain myself.

"Sakura." Mom called, I went by the kitchen and hoped I was not blushing.

"Yes?"
"Is he gone? Goodness how rude of me, I didn't even ask his name." My mom said.
"Well you could always ask me." I chuckled. "He's Uchiha Sasuke."

Mom's bright expression fell.

"I - I see."
It was obvious how mom had startled with the knowledge of his name. Did it perhaps ring a bell in her past?
"Why? What's wrong mom?"
Mom took a minute before she spoke.

"Well, honey, I just thought it was such a coincidence to have the same name Sasuke and sort of looked like your childhood friend, right?"

Now I remembered. A month ago, when we were unpacking, mom had seen a picture of me and my childhood friend. I had little memories of him. He was the only friend I had. Other kids would bully me but he would stay to defend me. If I was to compare that kid and Sasuke, it's definitely coincidence. That Sasuke I used to know would probably grow up like he was. Not arrogant and egoistic like that guy!

It's just a coincidence, right?