Part 86

A/N: Hi guys! Thank you once again for reading my SN. ♡♡ Here's another update! (Gomeneee for the cliffhanger btw lol!)

And I hope you don't mind checking over the picture attached on this chapter! I drew it from scratch and colored it by myself (Paint Tool Sai)! Uchiha Sakura winter outfit on The Last! It's my first attempt of drawing our cherry blossom, it wasn't supposed to look like a semi chibi but oh well.. credits to me onegaishimasuuuu~ ≧ ▽≦;)

It will be appreciated if you give me tips about coloring and drawing! I really really want to learn more and improve on it! Thank youuu!

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

For a moment, there was nothing but mere silence. Mom and I stood before them, with disarray carved on our face. We didn't know they met before. But when? How long?
Though dad had said it was nice meeting him again, there was heavy air inbetween. Tension was there, and it doesn't look anything close to good, not even close to okay.

"Oh, you met him, pa?" Mom said rather nonchalantly while she placed the plate of omelet down on the table, breaking the ice and making it sound normal as possible.

"Yes, I know him. Uchiha, right?" He smiled. But knowing dad, it wasn't one of the kind. Dad offered a hand and Sasuke took it, shaking it quite formally like old acquaintances. My heart clenched at the thought of dad and Sasuke having a bad start, and that they will never get along. Surely there will be a problem with me going out with him if that is the case, and I don't want that. There's a big possibility that this is because of company rivalries. Or rather it is because of company rivalries.

No more than that. Right?

"I am." Sasuke grinned slightly as if he was being challenged.
"Successor of the Uchiha Corporation, of course, I couldn't miss that."
"Your acknowledgment enlightens me, Mr. Kizashi, rather, Mr. Haruno."
"Ah, yes," Dad looked at me, surprisingly, with an expression that I couldn't read. It was unusual, because dad was always open. Well, scratch that.

"Now, now," Mom said rather confidently but her smile couldn't hide that she was feeling nervous too. "Let's talk about it over breakfast. Now honey, what is is that you wanted to ask me?"

"My necktie, ma." Dad said, finally leaving his eyes on Sasuke and stopped looking at him like he was some kind of danger. I turned to look at Sasuke, and I wanted to glare at him and be mad for not telling me he met my dad. But straightening my reasoning, I want to be calm and logical as much as possible. He might haven't had the idea of him being my dad.

I was just there, standing closely to him, not muttering any word at this uneasy conversation and sticky situation.

Breakfast started soon as mom had finally placed the last plate of chicken sausages on the table. Looking at her with worried eyes soon as I met hers, she smiled and reassured me it's going to be fine. I hope this was something normal and hope it's going to pass. Besides, Sasuke would be the first man I get to introduce to my dad, and it's probably that that makes me a lot more nervous.

"Small world, isn't it Sasuke?" Mom chuckled after her second bite on buttered bread.
"Indeed, Mrs. Haruno." Sasuke smiled cooly like he always does.
"So, how did you meet my husband?"

I almost choked out the orange juice I've been drinking, I wasn't expecting her to straight forwardly ask that. "I'm okay," I said, reassuring them I was fine when I got all their attention.

"I met him quite a few times, ma," Dad cutted off when Sasuke was about to open his lips to speak. That didn't look good. "How's your dad?" He added cooly, looking over at Sasuke again.
"Doing good, Mr. Haruno."
"Coping up?"
"Yes, it may take a while. Though it's nothing we can't handle." Sasuke smirked, quite mischievously. Dad grinned back, but he didn't look so happy about Sasuke being confident about it. I felt my heart clench a little tigthter. Could he at least act nice and look nice to dad?