C2 | Part 2

■ ■ ■ ■

The dinner at the restaurant was one of the finest days she had, in her opinion, for quite a long time. She had felt really happy that night. First off, her graduation, then the surprise visit of her parents and her friends, support from Sasori & Tamaki and finally, a night to spend it with them, bonding and catching up. It had been years since they last saw each other. 4 years? She tried to remember.

"You okay?" Sasori said, worried moreover as he studied the structure of her face. Yet he didn't say it outloud, he knew what Sakura does and feels when he always says he is worried. She would really feel uncomfortable, she'll scratch her head and pretend everything is way too fine. For these last years with her, he had involuntarily memorized her gestures.

He overheard their talk with Tenten and Hinata after all, and had a small topic about him. He didn't want to remember the emerald eyes shining and glimmering with tears refusing to fall. He remembered how she restrained every single tear to drop.

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" She whispered with a small smile.
"Glad to hear that," The redhead patted her pink illuminating hair in the evening.

The evening was spent very well and soon, late night came.

"You can stay in my room. Tenten, Hinata and I can sleep on my sofa bed," Sakura offered her parents after hearing the temporary farewell from them on their way out.
"No need sweetie, we wouldn't want to barge in. Besides, we already booked a hotel," Mebuki hugged her daughter tight, and she was glad she had changed, physically and emotionally. She had matured too, she thought very well. "Okay, okay." The pinkette kissed her sweet mother in the cheek.

"Need assistance to pack up your stuff, honey?" Kizashi asked, remembering their flight back to Japan in 3 days.
"No need dad, Sasori already offered me help and I'm not bringing much stuff anyway."
"Okay. Then, we'll be going."

After their farewells and seperate paths, they had prepared their way towards the cherry blossom's apartment.
"Wow, such a beautiful place," Hinata complimented after entering the flat of the pinkette.
"Much better than the pictures you've sent." Tenten grinned.
"Thanks, you guys."

"Hmm, beautiful flowers too.... oh, and a note." The brunette studied. She looked at Sakura with half lidded eyes as if she was accusing her for something.
"W-what?"
"This is from Sasori, isn't it?" She pointed the pink roses and the small note.
"Wow, indeed," The midnight haired agreed towards the beauty of it.
"Oh, right, he sent me that this morning." The cherry blossom started to get the extra pillows from her small storage room, preparing for their overnight.

"Tell us honestly, Sakura. Are you two going steady??" Tenten asked straight forwardly, making Sakura drop the pillows accidentally for losing focus. "I knew it!" The brunette suddenly made the conclusion herself.
"What? No! We're just good friends!" Sakura corrected.
"After 4 years?" Tenten clarified.
"Yes."
"Nothing happened?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing at all?"
"Nope."

"Sasori, that's not what I meant by slow." The brunette whispered under her breath, mentally palming her face. She gave an advice to him years ago after all. She remembered it clearly. 'The key is to go slow.' She said to him as if it was just yesterday.

"You two would look lovely together though," Hinata smiled innocently, feeling touched after reading the sweet note placed by the pink roses.
"Come on you guys," Sakura started to pick up the pillows as she started explaining herself, "You know I'm not into it,"

"Not into Sasori?"
"No, I meant into relationships, it's just.... trouble." Sakura chuckled with a bit of thorn stuck in her throat. "..and I know you know why."
"It was... years ago. Are you still...?" Hinata hesitated to continue.
"In love with Sasuke?" Sakura continued instead, with firmness in her voice, perhaps it will convince them that she was over him. Or convice herself, probably. "No, I almost forgot about him. It was just the heartbreak that was unforgettable... not him." The cherry blossom explained, or at least assumed that was the case.