Part 69

"I think you should make him wait for 2 years before you answer lol" Tenten munched the corn chips from the chip bag she held by her arm as she lied on her front on the bed looking directly at me.

"You think he could wait that long?" Hinata giggled as she took a piece of chip and hugged her pillow.

"I was just kidding," Tenten chuckled, "His love for you is not based on how long he can wait for you to say yes. It is based on how long you and him could maintain your relationship to keep working - not just working - but to feel as if you're in love with each other each day throughout the years, what risks, chances and sacrifices you could do for each other, or how you argue and fight yet in the end of the day you know you both still love each other. Well, that's just a few basis, but it's definitely not just how long he could wait for you to say yes." She said with almost an obvious physical sparkle on her eyes.

"Wow, Tenten must have been through a lot of relationships.." Hinata commented while I nodded and agreed.
"Nah, I think I just read too much romance novels." Tenten giggled.

"I understand your point Tenten, but I don't think we're specifically in that level.."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, love is just.. a big word for him.." I shrugged.
"Sooner or later it will get to that point you know."
"I'm having a hard time thinking of the possibility."

"Oh come on Sakura, what's the point of being in a relationship if you're not going to love and marry that person? I mean, people these days had been coming in and out of the relationship as if it was a hobby or a trophy for having the most number of lovers in a day. They don't know the essence anymore."

"Well, what if he is one of those who think.. it's a trophy or something.."

"Cheer up, Sakura, I don't think Sasuke meant anything like that." Hinata smiled as she patted my shoulder.
"Right, it was hard enough to believe he asked you to be his, it's not impossible anymore for him to love you." Tenten added as she crossed her arms.
"Or he may already be in love, he just doesn't want to admit it." Hinata giggled and blushed.

"I'll have to agree with that." Tenten grabbed Hinata's shoulder for approval.

I only giggled and said, "Perhaps. Thank you for visiting me by the way, and for your advices, I really didn't know what to do."

"Oh don't mention it Sakura, I mean, this is a girls sleepover afterall, we were meant to share secrets."
"Right, so, Hinata and I are very interested with you and Neji." I teased Tenten who almost made it obvious that she tensed after hearing his name while I gazed at Hinata for a mutual-understanding look. Something was definitely up.

"I only talk to him because you're his cousin, Hinata. Nothing special. I mean, he teases me more with his comebacks and I hate it. And besides that, why partner me with that asshole? I wanna be paired up with Aki!" Tenten grunted as a red tint on her cheeks had illuminated.

"Neji seems to ask me how you're doing though."
"He does?" Hinata nodded, showing off a conversation on her phone which was taken flailing by Tenten who had gone even more red.

"So, how is it going with you and Naruto?" I asked in a quiet tone with Hinata while Tenten remained focused on the phone.
"Oh, well, nothing had changed.. we're just, that. But, I really am thankful even if that's the case."
"I think he's just too shy to admit he likes you.
"I barely think so."

A knock on the door had startled the three of us. I walked towards it and opened the door only to find mom looking out on us for the evening.

"Good Evening ladies, I hope you got all the futons, pillows and blankets?"
"Yes, thank you Mrs. Haruno." Tenten smiled.
"We really appreciate your warm welcome." Hinata bowed.

"That's great, well, you three head to sleep soon, it's getting late. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight Mrs. Haruno!"

As I stared at mom for a moment as she went down the stairs, I knew I still needed to tell her about Sasuke, maybe I was catching up with the right time to tell her and it felt like it would be today.

I quickly followed her downstairs to the kitchen, she held the plates I washed earlier and wiped it with a dry cloth.

"Do you need anything, honey?" Mom asked calmly.
"Uhm, no," I said, standing closely to mom's place and took another dry cloth to help. "Mom, I wanted to tell you about something."

"What is it honey?"

"It's about Sasuke.." I shrugged, as if having second thoughts of making up a story or telling the truth anyway.

"What about him?" She said, stopping with the dishes to focus on me.
"Well, he - kind of - asked me to be - you know - his girlfriend,"

Mom gazed at me in the eyes and took a few minutes before her lips had released the words.

"What do you feel about it?" She smiled.
"I - well, I like him, but I'm not quite sure if I do want to give it a shot.."
"What's stopping you?"

I don't know, fear of being left? Fear of being replaced?

"Fear.. maybe.."

Mom sighed for a moment and pulled up a smile on her face. "You know honey, when you love someone, it is normal to have the fear of losing them and losing yourself. Love may be full of chances and opportunities, but it is also full of risks and sacrifices. You just have to make decisions you believe in." Mom held my shoulders and stared at me with wonder-filled eyes,

"I know you do like him, ever since he came here, I knew something was up, and that was the day the sparkle in your eyes came back that had been gone for long. You had Sai and I worried to death. But.. that morning, Sasuke knocked by the door and talked to me. He already asked me for permission actually... and I said I do trust him, a little, haha. But it is your decision to make, honey."

With sudden realizations, with so many advices swarming all over my mind, my day had brightened and suddenly all the fear had gone. I felt my head lighter.

Finally, I made up my mind.

Even though I knew that this may or may not work out on us, still,

I am willing to take the risk.