Part 84

"That's the last box of it." The driver said, placing the box carefully at the lawn. It was our old television I presume. Dad's front lawn was bit of a mess since this week. Our things and furnitures from the old rented apartment was brought in by the moving truck earlier this day, although it should've been by next week.

Dad came home late by the dinner three days ago, which made mom a bit blue by the time he came, and so he made it up by speeding progress with the landlord of our rented apartment. It was taking a while for us to move in since we had trouble getting in touch with the landlord of our apartment, unable to tell him the situation and we couldn't just leave the house right away, after all, it was still under our care.

Nevertheless, dad had his ways and not just one day ago, we were able to speak with the landlord and settled with him regarding the apartment. It was now for rent again.

"Hopefully this is the last time." Mom stroked the back of her arms at the beady sweats on her forehead as she personally took care of the boxes one by one as long as she can carry them.
"I remember we had to move almost twice or thrice a year because of my job, that was exhausting!" Dad chuckled, carrying a box of what seems to be one of mom's kitchen appliances.
"Which one was exhausting the most?" Mom eyed dad,
"Job. Hahaha!" He snortedly laughed.

I carried my own box filled with my unfolded clothes, while I watched mom and dad. They were still the same, like before, full of joy and laughter.

It felt like a dream, but it's real.

Taking all of my boxes up to the stairs where I got lost while looking for my room, I winced as Dad suddenly bear-hugged me from behind like he always did when I was younger.

"D-dad!" I blushed, feeling embarrassed for being treated like a kid, well, not like I hated that though.
"Got lost, sakuya?" He said in a fake baby talk which made me giggle a bit.

"Your house is so big, dad-"
"Our house, honey. Now, let me show you your room." He walked directly on the left part, opening the door at the end.
"You like it?"

I stared in awe with the room he claimed to be mine. I don't even know where to start looking. The wallpaper was white that had pink little swirls and twirls with a bit of cherry blossoms connecting to it. The floor was carpeted with white that matched the wallpaper, the furnitures was white as well. There was an L-shaped couch at the other corner of the room by my left side while the other corner had highlighted the bed. The floor towards the bedside was elevated for 2 stairs. The bed was a white four poster bed with pink sheers for curtains on its side.

It was a big room, with more doors inside. The other room was the washroom, then the other room, I really had no idea.
"The architecture told me it's called a walk in closet. Good for women at your age, she said," Dad told me as if he still didn't have any idea about it and less likely interested.

What I liked the most was the window that touched the ceiling to the floor that gave me a good view of the front gardens and the breath-taking cherry blossoms fluttering by the winds.

This place is luxurious for me, too luxurious for someone who belonged from a simple family. This may be our life now, someone who could afford this and that, but I don't plan to change my simple ways, it is still best to be practical anyway.

A sudden buzz on my pocket startled me. Quickly grabbing my phone after I placed the box I held on the floor, "Hello?"
"Sakura!"
"Tenten? What's up?"
"How dare you file a leave!"
"Aw, don't be such a meanie, I'll tour you around soon you know."
"What do you mean soon? Ain't nobody got time for soon. Hinata and I will be coming over, like, later at the end of our shift, fetch us!"