♔ Chapter Two Finale ♔

-✘-

He yawns in his car, contemplating the paperwork and requirements he needed to complete this week to prepare for his departure the following week. It had been quite hectic at work today too to prepare for his transition, and he had been lacking sleep these days. He comes out of his car and heads to the café, now his daily routine, thanks to his problematic sleeping schedule.

With his phone in his hand, reading and catching up on his emails, he grabs his coffee with his other hand and heads out the café abruptly. When he turned to the corner, his hot coffee spills in his coat as he bumped into someone, he had heard her yelped "ow" at their contact.

"Sorry" he muttered, and froze as he finally sees the person he had bumped into. "Sakura" he mumbles.
"O-oh. Hi. Sasuke." She says, completely lost too. Their eyes met for a while, but she was quick to look away and drifted her eyes to his suit, now stained with coffee. "I'm sorry, let me help you" she says as she grabs her handkerchief in her bag. She immediately wipes the stains on his shirt, as if it was helping, until Sasuke grabs her wrist gently to stop her. "I'll manage." He says, and Sakura was quick to withdraw her hands. "Are you hurt?" he adds.

"No. I wasn't looking where I was going. I'm sorry." She shook her head and mumbles under her breath.
"It's fine. It's just coffee."
"Okay," she fidgets, there was a few seconds of awkward silence but neither of them was leaving.
"So.. how have you been?" She pulls up a nervous smile, trying to ease some tension. It must really be awkward to run up with each other after all the time she was gone.

"Been better. You?"
"Yeah, I'm okay."
"That's good to hear." He says, and it was genuine. Relief flushes over him at the mere sight of her. She was okay. It had been three months since they saw each other last after all. He had not bothered to pursue her nor ask Sasori where she had been, fully understanding that she had probably meant to leave without a word and didn't want to be found, especially by him. It was fine, he had done the same thing to her so he deserved it.

"I better go." Sakura smiles nervously, no longer able to handle the silence, and Sasuke nods at this. Sakura didn't bother waiting for him to say anything before she turned around.

After a mere few steps, her heart flutters at the sound of her name behind her.

"Are you free later tonight?" He asks suddenly. It felt like the perfect time to talk to her. He didn't have much time.

Sakura got almost speechless with what he said. She definitely wasn't ready for anything at all, especially any kind of relationship with him.

"I don't mean it that way." He shrugs, as if reading her thoughts. "I just wanted us to talk a bit."

"Yes, I am" She says, but the pinkette wasn't really entirely ready to meet him. Her lips almost moved on its own. Actually, she had never given a thought of meeting him until now. Somehow she thought that the world is big enough for them not to come across each other, but not even a week after she had visited the city, she had already bumped into him. It wasn't that she didn't want to meet him, but she was still confused of what their relationship should be like. They were ex-lovers, and for the last few years, she had resented him for leaving. Now that she knows the truth, it got complicated. It didn't mean everything should return the way it was before. It wasn't easy like that.

She was still confused with him, her feelings for him, but she knew it wasn't hate. For the months she had pondered on what he had done, he had thought it was best to take all the blame and appear as the bad guy for the sake of her relationship with her parents. But now? What now? Now that she knows his secret.. the reason he left.. she fidgets at the thought.