C2 | Part 4

"Welcome home, sweetie." Her mother greeted warmly, wrapping her arms around the pinkette, while on the other hand, Sakura thought this was the best thing she felt all day. Second is, of course, eating the take-out dinner, curry special, the cheesecake and the parfait.

"Out of all places." Sakura muttered in her newly cleaned, dust-free room, throwing her sling bag at her bed as she stripped out of her dress. She was back in the Haruno residence, specifically in her room, her luggage was present, and Sasori had the courtesy to bring her back home. She was talking to no one but herself that evening, alone in her room, mad at herself for being irritated of whatever it is between the Yamanaka girl and the Uchiha asshole. But not much. Who cares, right?

Grabbing her silk tank top and a cat printed pajama, she slid inside her soft white blankets. You need some rest, Sakura, her mind commanded, which she was gladly to take. Thankfully, she was too tired to torture herself with overthinking tonight.

Morning came in a blink of an eye, and the cherry blossom was already wide awake before the humming bird could sing again. Her soul pumping with a bit of positivity and her heart beating calmly. It was her first day back at Japan, after all, and there was nothing worthy enough to ruin it.
"So, how was your flight?" Kizashi started at the table, while the three of them were having a quite heavy breakast.
"Not as fun, dad. I starve myself, all because I didn't like throwing up." The pinkette said in humor.
"Sasori took you to dinner last night?" Her mom started, with a little tease at the sound of her sweet tone before taking another spoonful.
"Fine man." Her dad added on a side comment. Sakura couldn't agree less.
"He did, and I happened to meet Sai along the way. Where is he residing by the way?"
"We offered him a room here but he told us he is already at a condominium, apparently, he had this project and he had a good pay."
"I might visit him sometime." The pinkette smiled and took another round of her mother's omelette.

"I happened to see Sasuke there too." She said firmly although she did hesitate, and that enough, took their attention. Sakura didn't want to deny the fact. Avoiding his existence wouldn't help anyway.
Mebuki cleared her throat. "So.. did he say anything to you at all?"
"No, mom, there was nothing to say. Besides, he was with his fiance."
"Oh.. I see. And... you're okay with that?"
Sakura dropped her spoon and fork for a while and looked at both of her parents intently, who was looking deadly worried even though they try to hide it.
"Look, mom, dad. I'm just saying how my night went. Sasuke's part of the past and I figured we should move on too because he already did. He is just part of the crowd now."

There was a long silence right after, they were back at finishing off the food in their plate. But Sakura felt her mouth went dry after another and didn't want to take another bite.
"Sakura," Kizashi said, startling her, "I'd like you to start soon as you can. You'll be working with Sasori first, he'll teach you more about things you need to know about the company. Are you okay with that?"
"Of course, dad." Thankfully, the topic was diverted.

Excusing herself after her heavy loaded breakfast, she scurried back to her room and started opening her phone and typing in the number of Sasori. The number of times she seeks help from Sasori is uncountable, explaining the reason why she got his number stuck in her mind and thoroughly memorized. She wants to work now, as soon as possible it is.

Her phone buzzed in the middle of typing his number, revealing a message sent by Tamaki.

From: Tamaki (6:35 AM)
I miss you already! I just bought my plane ticket back there too, but I will be there in a couple weeks, sure enough. Hope you had a nice flight. Call me xoxo

A smile lifted in the pinkette's face, she thought how exciting it would be if Tamaki comes back home too. Tamaki, like herself, is also the successor of her father, that's why she could relate a lot with her, but her personality alone would've made them friends regardless of their position.