Part 46

'What happened with you that night at the party?'

Hinata asked over the phone.

"I was about to ask you that."
"Well, Mr. Deidara told us that Mr. Sasuke took you away from him. He was pretty upset about it, although he didn't want to admit it."
"Oh, gee, I'm sorry about that. But no worries, err, Sasuke took me home."
"Did he, now?"

Hinata sounded as if she was giggling and teasing me and I couldn't help but blush.

"Got to go now, Hinata. Finishing some reports here. I'll call you back. Byebye!"
"Jaa!"

I turned my phone off and quickly returned to my paperworks, not a minute later, Sasuke called me out,
"Sakura, come." I quickly paced to his direction and followed him as he walked.
"What is it?"
"Just a little meeting."

Sasuke led me to the same conference room where the partnership of Uchiha Corporation and Uzumaki Enterprises were taken place.

Only this time, the room was only occupied by a woman who wore a bloody red dress with a golden necklace and shades lifted on her head.

She was smiling at our entrance, but there was something off about her.

"Hi, Sasuke, sweetheart." She stood up and gave him a hug.

Uhmm?

"Oh, and who must be this lady?" She asked as she took sight of me. I had a good look of her. She seemed to be older, more mature, and completely out of our age range.

"My secretary."
"And you brought her here?" She smiled. And it wasn't warm.
"I bring her everywere I go." Sasuke said straight forwardly.
"I see. Well then, let's have a seat while we wait for your father, shall we?"

Sasuke's father? He's going to come too?

The last we've met, it was as awkward as it is.

I couldn't bare to have that situation again with a company owner!

"So, how is she?" The woman grinned.
"She's more than fine."
"That's too bad." The woman started chuckling. "Just kidding." She added.

Who is she?

The door suddenly opened and Sasuke's father barged in. He didn't look happy.

Well, he didn't look sad neither.

He has no emotions on his face. Yep, definitely Sasuke's father.

As soon as Sasuke's faher sat on the chair at the edge of the table in front, the woman started babbling again.
"Now we're all here, I'd like to discuss just a few things. But first, can I know the name of this lovely young woman you brought on a family meeting, Sasuke?"

I blushed with embarrassment as the woman emphasized the word family. I didn't even know that. Sasuke dragged me into this 'family meeting', why putting the blame on me?

"I'm Haruno Sak-"
"Haruno?" The woman imitated.
"Y-yes." I stammered. What is it about the name?

"You perfectly remind me of someone." The woman smiled bitterly. "Someone who just made me the ex-wife. Isn't that right, Fugaku?"

Mr. Uchiha didn't say a word, he sat in silence. Probably blocking every single word this woman says.

"I'm Surena. Former wife of this guy, and step mother of that guy." She said as she points out her finger from Mr. Fugaku to Sasuke.
"It's nice meeting you, Ms. Surena." I replied appropriately even though I didn't want to do so.

"State your business, Surena." Mr. Uchiha spoke.
"So I managed to be friends with the Yamanaka's, and you all know their family. Their name will never get out of the top grossing company list." She seemed to waited for a reaction before she proceeds, yet unforunately for her, there was none, "and upon checking up on their family, a beautiful young lady is to be the succesor. I was just wondering if you're interested in meeting her, Sasuke."

I wasn't stupid enough to not know what it meant.

This woman proposes an arranged marriage for Sasuke and the successor of that company.

It's as if my throat had gone terribly dry. I turned to look at Sasuke who studied Ms. Surena before he answered, "I understand that. However I do not wish to be tied nor be successful with just the use of a marriage contract. I don't even want or need a girlfriend, what made you think I'll have a wife instead." Sasuke chuckled. "If that is all this meeting is about, I say: I refuse."

I swallowed the thin air trapped on my mouth as I heard Sasuke's statement.

It caused a big turn on my stomach. But I still have to take note of that.

'I don't even want or need a girlfriend, what made you think I'll have a wife instead. '

Sasuke is independent.

He wasn't the type to get attached.

And I completely understand that now.

"Opinions, Fugaku?" Ms. Surena asked.
"I have no say in this."

She didn't looked happy at all.
It was obvious that she was resisting her words from coming out.

"Fine, this meeting is dismissed." Finally, she exhaled.

Before Sasuke and I stood up,
"Before you go Sasuke, I'm inviting you for dinner. Of course I'll be inviting your whole family. I'll be informing you when."

Sasuke smirked, "Some family reunion, huh?"

"Oh, and uhm, what was your name again?" Ms. Surena asked as she gave a quizzical look on me.

If only she let me finish my name earlier, she wouldn't have to ask me again, would she?

"Sakura," I smiled.
"Right, Sakura, I want you present on that dinner, I just feel like I want to know you more. I think we're going to be good friends, actually. I insist." She said as she stood up and paced to the direction of the door, "Bye."

It had been an hour since the meeting by then, and a few more minutes before our shift ends.

I fixed my reports and organized it neatly back on my drawers. Sasuke by then just went out the door and stopped his track beside my table.

"What?" I asked sort-of-normally.
"I'm waiting for you." He said bluntly as he checked his watch on his left wrist.
"Why?" My cheeks flushed.
"Mrs. Haruno told me I could visit anytime." Sasuke smirked playfully.

Sasuke pulled my hand as we both left the building.

● ● ● ●

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry I wasn't to update yesterday. But here it is! ● △●)♥ More SasoSaku/SasuSaku moments for the next chapters. Yay or Nay? ˘ω˘)

Don't forget to vote/comment ♡♡

Nic xx