C2 | Part 6

"Let me be your middleman." The redhead offered.

Sasuke had already left an hour ago without a single word. And so did her. He was finally making considerations, but now, he was having second thoughts just because he had to work with her.

Honestly, Sakura felt offended.

In her bed, with full intentions of having a goodnight sleep, did not seem to go as planned. That jerk! He acts as if he was the one left out!! She ranted in her head. There was no way she was going to pass this project to someone else. Yes, maybe a middleman is convenient, but the thing is, she needs to work hands-on. Otherwise, this project won't be much of a help in her career development.

She needs to negotiate with him about that. Soon.

Apparently, Sasori has been told of what happened right after, and he gladly offered himself for the post which she refused right away. Sasori had always been her lifesaver, but this time, she wants to be independent. She knows she couldn't do everything without any help, so she will still seek guidance and advices from Sasori and everyone in the team.

The following day, Sasori obviously couldn't drop off her refusal.
"Sasori, if you're insisting to take the post because you blame yourself for not knowing he's the ceo, then don't. There will be no such post. I will negotiate this with him."
"Sakura," He almost pleaded.
The pinkette was bothered, but she had to fix this right away. Taking her sling bag, she decided to head to Youbi to talk with the suspect.

Sasori took her wrist before she headed out the door, stopping her tracks. "I'm worried..." He breathed, and that moment as if everything went slow mo.
"S-Sasori..." She bit her lip. "I know you are. But there is nothing to worry about. I'm over with him. I can handle this." Taking her wrist back, she left the room without another word.

"...worried you might get hurt again." He whispered under his breath.

■ ■ ■ ■

Sakura strutted herself inside Youbi shortly after arriving. She paced faster than usual. She didn't want to give Sasuke the opportunity to escape.

"To Mr. Uchiha Sasuke, please." She said to the lady at the front desk of his recognizable office.
"Name, please." The brunette lady timidly said.
"Haruno, Sakura."
"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Uchiha?" She said after typing in her laptop, apparently, it was obvious in her looks that she was a bit confused. Maybe after realizing this pinkette did not have any appointment at all.
"No.. I-"
"Then I'm afraid you should set one. Mr. Uchiha's schedule is tight this week. There's no more room for-"

"Ms. Haruno?" A familiar voice cutted them off.
"Mr. Kira." Sakura replied.
"What brought you here?"
"I'm here to negotiate with your boss. Where is he?"
"He's in a meeting right now.. but er.."

Kira grabbed the pinkette by the arm and gently lead her to an empty conference room while he gestured something to the lady at the front desk.

After a few minutes I was handed a cup of coffee and a bottle of water.
"Thank you, but you shouldn't have.." Sakura said shyly.
"It's no big deal Ms. Haruno. Well, he is indeed in a meeting right now, but I was told beforehand that he was having another thought with your offer. He specifically told me not to bring it up." Kira said, a look of disappointment in his face. "But let me see what I can do. Would you mind staying here for a couple of minutes?"

"No, I don't mind. I appreciate your efforts."

Kira left the conference room right after, hurrying towards the meeting. He'll be in so much trouble if he was to disobey his boss' orders.