Part 47

A/N: Hello guys! Sorry for the late update, I got little time yesterday so I might as well update today instead! Again, thank you so much for reading my story, voting and making comments. And I just want to say HI to the new readers/friends that eventually floods my notifications! Kyaaa so much love ♡♡♡ ヾ('∀`)ノ

I hope you guys aren't bothered with my Author Notes before I start the chapters. Lol ( ̄◇ ̄;)

Nic xx

● ● ● ●

Sasuke and Aki sat on the edges of the couch and only silence occupying the spaces inbetween them.

I felt my heartbeat rate increased as I take nervous glances on the living room where they sat.

They were obviously not happy with the set up.

I wanted to avoid the situation or go inbetween. I didn't want to risk my life. (But of course I'm exaggerating.) Instead, I went to the kitchen with mom who was preparing dinner for four heads.

She didn't help me emotionally or mentally, rather she was giggling and found this uncomfortable situation (for me) very amusing.

"Tell me honey," she whispered as she giggled, "how did it end up like this?"

Earlier, Sasuke and I were on the way to my home. Upon arriving, well apparently, the door was locked so I had to knock. Why would mom lock it? She doesn't usually lock our door this early.

The doorknob turned and yo our surprise, a burning fire red hair opened the door for us.

Aki's eyes darted from me to Sasuke, he was not at all happy.

"Aki, wh-what are you doing here?" I asked nervously.
"Came here for you, Sakura." Though he was answering my question, his eyes was in contact to Sasuke's. I wasn't stupid enough to not notice what's going on between them.

They do not like the presence of each other.

"I came early and Mrs. Haruno asked me to look out for the house while she grab some groceries for dinner tonight. She left just an hour ago." Aki, finally, broke eye contact and looked at me.

I could see in his eyes that he is as if asking why I brought Sasuke over.

"Oh my." A gasp came from the direction of the door.

It was mom. Thank goodness I'm safe!

"Sasuke, you came. Thank you! Stay for dinner you two, alright?" Mom looked at Sasuke to Sasori and smiled.

Now's my chance.

"Welcome back mom, let me uh- help you out with dinner!" I quickly grabbed the groceries on her hands and darted quickly to the kitchen.

I didn't know if it was just me or the kitchen had more oxygen than the living room. I could hardly breathe there!

I rolled my eyes at mom who laughed quietly as I tell her what happened while I prepare the plates and silverwares on the table.

I took a quick glance on Sasuke and Aki to check (in case they were fighting each other to death) how they were doing.

I flushed crimson as I see Sasuke taking off his coat, his muscles were popping out of his linen shirt underneath, he loosened his tie and rolled up his sleeves, giving a good look on his biceps. Aki, on the other hand, was fit like Sasuke too, just a tiny bit slimmer difference with Sasuke. He ran his hand through his hair, giving me a good look on his face, he was handsome and hot, no doubt about that.

Wait. Sakura you're being such a pervert!

But.. you can't blame me right? There is soooooo much pressure when you have two undeniably good looking creatures in your house!

Soon as everything was ready, we gathered at the dinner table.

I thought seeing Aki and Sasuke together was awkward enough.

I was wrong.

"It's very nice having you, Aki and Sasuke. Thank you for coming to dinner. Sakura and I are very happy." My mom smiled.

I'm not happy at all, mom!

"Thank you as well, Mrs. Haruno. Your dishes are great, although I have to say your curry the other night is my personal favorite." Aki said as he took a gulp in his drink.

"Don't worry, I'll be advising you if we have curry for dinner."

Wait, what? Curry the other night? I don't remember having curry for dinner.

"You were here the other night?" I asked Aki who seems to be having fun compared earlier.
"Yes, I came to see you, but Mrs. Haruno said you were at a business party so I left immediately after dinner."

Oh. That night.

"You and Sasuke came home by midnight so you didn't catch Aki, honey. And with your condition, I could barely inform Aki came." Mom giggled and she was definitely helping to make this conversation worst!

"What condition?" Aki asked calmly.
"Oh, she was drunk and Sasuke had to carry her around."
"You did that?"

Oh no.

Aki's eyes and Sasuke's eyes made contact again. Danger meets danger.

"I did. I had to sleep here too." Sasuke said bluntly.

What? Why did he have to tell that?

"Thanks for helping out my friend."
"I did it because she was my secretary."

I almost choked with their double meaning phrases. Why are they putting me into this?

Aftrr that very long dinner disaster, I took all the plates and went directly to the faucet to wash it.

Sasuke slipped beside me, his arm brushing my arm as he washed his hands on the faucet.

"So, he's free to go in and out of this house, ain't he?" Sasuke whispered coldly. I was sweating, I didn't want him mad.
"W-well, anyone's free to do so too," I answered nervously.
"Really?" Sasuke said rather sarcastically.

Around quarter to 9pm, everything was fixed, the dinner is done, and so am I.

Aki waved goodbye as he thanked mom for the dinner. Sasuke did as well.

Soon as they both left, I sighed with relief that everything was done.

Mom looked at me and giggled.
"What?" I got confused.
"Those two were crazy about you."
"N-no, they're not. They just hate each other."
"You are so in denial, honey." Mom chuckled as she looked at me over her shoulder.

"But honey, I don't want you to be confused like- like I was before."

Mom looked at me with a serious gaze in her eyes. Her words were true and honest. She said she didn't want me to be confused like she was before. What does that mean..?

"Just remember honey,"

"It's always the last guy you think of before you sleep."