Part 78

"That's impossible."

"That's what I thought too. But Sai, he is here, he really is here." I wiped the tear that fell over my cheeks, I was too overwhelmed about what happened and what I had discovered, it was something big, something that will change the way I view life. It will never be the same anymore. I'm complete once again.

"I'm very happy though. This news is just very shocking, but don't worry too much Sakura, I know Mr. Haruno, he will definitely be back for you and your mom."
"Thank you Sai.. I wish you're here." I sighed as the thought of my childhood best friend being gone for almost a week.

"Don't miss me too much pink piggy. I'll be home soon, just a little project to complete here at the mountains. But uh - won't be long."
"What do you mean won't be long, you've been there like a week and a half or so."

"I actually meant my stay there at your home."
"Why?"
"I've got enough money to pay for my own rent, I wouldn't want to be a bother too. Besides, your boss wouldn't be happy if I stayed there forever, now would he?"

"What? Is he forcing you to leave?? You're not a bother at all!"
"Whoa, chill. No, he just offered me some apartments I would find convenient and I happen to like one."
"Can I see it?"
"When I'm home. I got to go too, wait for me soon. Jaa."
"But-"

Oh great. He hang up.

I wonder if mom knew about this.

I went out of my room, went downstairs to check over mom. She was simply lying down on the couch, her mind obviously drifted away.

I didn't want to bother her right now about Sai's sudden claims, but I did remember her speaking with Mr. Jiraiya and that bothered me a lot.

"Mom," I said rather softly, hoping she won't jump out of shock. Her reaction was as if the bubble that had surrounded her had popped and I was finally audible again.

"Oh, yes, honey?" Her eyes met mine as if she was worried with what I might tell. I sat down beside the couch and prepared myself for the deep conversation with her in this early evening.

"You, and Mr. Jiraiya," I breathed, "Ever since he came over, you look very troubled, or rather bothered. Is there something I need to know?"

"You really don't have to worry honey, he meant no harm, I was - I overreacted." She said as her eyes gets misty. "We talked, and well, it came to a point where he asked me what am I gonna do if - if your father is alive. What would have happened if he was still alive. I just broke down over the - the shattered dreams your father and I had shared, quite childish though, but remembering those things, it just makes me sad to think he's gone.."

I sat there, unable to respond, I didn't know the right words to say, but I listened. It's all gonna be okay though, once father showed up, mom will be the happiest.

I didn't want to break mom's heart any longer, and I will be if I told her dad was alive and didn't come right away with to finally go home. I'm just hoping the right time for dad to show up would come sooner.

Yet expectations..

It really does give us heart-breaking disappointments.

It had been a week since I last saw dad, I sighed heavily at the building he worked for, hoping he'd come out and come home with me already.

Sad to say that this hope may be gone if this continues. But I musn't give up.

It's really confusing when you're in the verge of giving up but having so much hope at the same time.

"Ms. Sakura," A familiar voice of a woman spoke behind my back, "I didn't expect to meet you here." She added.

"S-Shizune. Hi," I turned aroun in shock.
"Mr. Kisashi had been busy, technically out of focus lately too. I believe seeing you wasn't easy for him to intake and knowing his family still lives." She sighed.

"He hadn't visited us." I was supposed to say it in a monotone, but I sounded upset and disappointed instead, involuntarily I guess?
"Yes, I know, I run his schedules. Yet, my sincere apologies Ms. Sakura, I admit it was my advise to him."

"Why would you advice dad to not see us?" A little anger for her boiled up on me, I maintained my calm though and hear out what she has to say.
"I advised him not to get too close with you... yet. I wanted to make sure you were his daughter, I didn't want Mr. Kisashi having good contact with a person he will believe is his daughter and get his heart broken and will be taken to advantage again, which brings us to this.." Shizune held out a piece of envelope and handed it over.

I looked at it, confused, until I opened the envelope mouth and read DNA Results.

"I asked for a strand of hair, and it turned out to be positive." Shizune smiled, for the first time, well, probably the first time I saw her smile.

"Wait, you mentioned, 'again' earlier. What does that mean? Did someone claim to be his family?"

"Yes, that is why we never disclose his past. Deepest apologies if I was a bit of rude. I was actually planning to see you off today on your office regarding this matter."

"I just came because I got worried he might not show up, or I'm not gonna see him again. Where's dad anyway?"

"I- I actually do not know."

"What do you mean? Don't you run his schedules?"

"I know, I actually had to cancel the last meeting he has. Next thing I saw was that the DNA Results was on his desk on top of all his paperworks and there was no sign of him around the building." Shizune shrugged.

That does that mean..?

"Do you have our address?" I said panickly.
"We do, we had to investigate, you know."

With my body heating with excitement, I glowed happily as I said,

"I think he went to see mom."

● ● ● ●

A/N: Sorry for the late update.
Yes I know, I suck. |||.____.)

You guys have any idea what might be the ending of Sweet Revenge Chapter One? ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ

I miss you guys btw! ♡♡
I'll update soon!

Nic xx